Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Just a quick shot.. 5 months waiting.. it's beautiful.. condition to my eye is pristine.. need a link added.. they came with it.. did someone say any Omega authorized dealer should do for free? I was going to add myself but figure it's worth maybe in this case getting a pro to do it..

'll more pictures later.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Finally! Looks the part!

Get comfortable with changing links and get a few NATO’s and a nice omega rubber and depoyant and it’s a one watch solution!

That’s the 39mm one right? Lugs are 19mm which is a pain to be honest and cuts choice a lot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The French makers were always keen on the oul 19mm. I could never understand why.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    Finally! Looks the part!

Get comfortable with changing links and get a few NATO’s and a nice omega rubber and depoyant and it’s a one watch solution!

That’s the 39mm one right? Lugs are 19mm which is a pain to be honest and cuts choice a lot.

i know right - talk about torture waiting for it!

So re straps I did ask at the Omega Boutique (who sized for free) about a deployant and strap... they quoted me about 500 dollars for a aligator blue strap and deployant.. they didnt seem to know much about the compatibility with a rubber one..

i have ordered a 19mm leather from martu in the mean time.

This one

2d5ldu.jpg

The colour doesnt look a match but i have one of their brown straps on my Stowa and they are great. I went for 19mm tapered to 18mm and ive ordered a 18mm omega buckle for it from ebay.. hopefully it will look ok..

in terms of the rubber strap and deployant - have you any recommended supplier?

Sorry for all the pics but i can't help myself...

2aensm1.jpg

rqvhut.jpg

35c1veo.jpg

25rc7lc.jpg

s637r9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm strongly considering copying you and not buying anything else for two or three years

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Deffo my holiday beater :)

481624.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

oxocube wrote: »
    Deffo my holiday beater :)

Certainly, my SKX009 is the trusty jump in the pool watch for hollibobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I'm wearing my Merkur Tuna today. A Seiko Tuna homage with a Seiko NH35 movement, I thought that was a lovely touch. One of the guys at work asked me about it over lunch, which is a first.

481654.jpg

thanks wibbs, i was in the process of editing image size, but you beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Do those braclets plull hair at all?

Cool looking watch.

Nope, one of the most comfortable and flexible bracelets I have. A little bit of more effort to size as you've to weave the link loops between each other but very doable. Its an Uncle Seiko Razor Wire, about 80$ and came quite quickly.
    I think it suits the watchs styling.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    It isn't a link so sadly I can't. ecoli3136 if you get a www link post it but put a space between the W's and I'll fix it for you.

Ah - I couldn't work out how to find the picture on imgur but thanks a mill.

Here is what I am wearing today. I really love the SBDX001/MM300 without reservation, except for it's bracket, which looks pretty good but overall does the watch no favours in terms of fit and comfort.

I love wearing it on an insurance, for comfort, but I really don't like the gap between the strap and the lugs. The watch looks kind of "perched" on your wrist with this strap.

Having tried dozens of options, I found the Seiko OEM strap from the BFK diver was the best option for the watch. Looked great and very comfortable. The reasons it looks so well on the MM300 are, I think, it's notched and tapered (MM300 has 20mm lugs and a straight strap can look too narow) and it fills the lug space well (I personally hate a big gap between strap and lugs).

The only criticisms I had had were that the buckle was a bit cheap feeling - in fairness the strap costs a bit 30 yoyos - and the strap picks up dust in its crevices and was hard to clean. But I wore it on this strap for a few years.

Until this came along, made by Crafter Blue. They make a range of straps for various popular Seiko divers. They are also great to deal with. Some of theiir first release of the MM300 strap had an issue and they replaced each and everyone no questions asked, for free. A great example of how to generate customer loyalty from a potentially difficult scenario.

I really like the way this strap integrates with the lugs, and allows you to mount the MM300 clasp. It's very comfortable and the taper suits the watches well. It really does highlight the very handsome lugs of this watch.

481732.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Been trying out a bit of regulation for accuracy over the weekend.

481773.jpg

The Borgel on the left needs more professional work than I can muster. Defo needs a clean, the Longines in the middle is OK at under 30 seconds per day, would also benefit from a service, the Wagner on the right is COSC chronometer accurate. The Glashutte Urofa movement is also crazily free moving in the balance. With no wind at all on it, the barest movement at all will set it off ticking for a ten seconds or so. Which makes it a pain for installing hands. If you breathe funny the fecker starts ticking. :D

This is it last night against a quartz after being set on Wednesday and wound once every morning.
    481774.jpg

Been working on the Wagner for a few weeks now. Have three such RLM watches I've picked up down the years, two Wagners and a NILA(rarely see those) got a better handset from one and a better dial and an original caseback gasket. The dials are dated on the back, all from 1942, printed by some crowd called W+B.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Fab watches, Wibbs! Especially like the Longines!

[Envy OFF]

blindsider wrote: »
    Fab watches, Wibbs! Especially like the Longines!

[Envy OFF]
    Thanks B, oldest watch I have from 1912. Got it in Italy. Given watches back then and many well into the 40's didn't have shock protection it's amazing they survived and still running. The Wagner, issued to German paratroopers doesn't have shock protection. Talk about confidence in their parachutes. :D Then again German navy issued watches weren't waterproof so...

Today's choice, a Bulova snorkel high frequency quartz. The second hand sweep is at 16 steps per second, not enough to fool the eye into thinking it's in continuous motion like a movie projector. It seems very accurate on watch check, battery has lasted a year so far.

481793.jpg

Wibbs wrote: »
    the Wagner on the right is COSC chronometer accurate.
    Just now I thought I'd have a look against interwebs atomic time and that...

Apologies for the crappy phone pic.

481795.jpg

It's only a second out and actually so is the quartz I set it by on Wednesday, so that was out already, so it's still true to that, and I've been wearing it since. A basic enough 15 jewel 77 years old movement :eek: Vorsprung durch Technik indeed.

As good an indicator as anything for you vintage guys and gals out there when you read ebay or dealers tell you; "old watch so within five minutes per day is acceptable". Eh... nope.

ecoli3136 wrote: »

Here is what I am wearing today. I really love the SBDX001/MM300 without reservation, except for it's bracket, which looks pretty good but overall does the watch no favours in terms of fit and comfort.

Thanks for showing my pic Mr Wibbs. edit: for some reason this one showed up for me without you waving your magic wand? I hope I havn't broken something.

Anyway here is what I have on today. Seiko 015 Tuna. My Summer and general beater. It's a quartz so it's pretty much always good to go and it's not the kind of watch you'd worry about picking up a scratch or three - although despite my abusing it since I had it, it is without a mark to date.

The watch is a good example of how important specific dimensions are in terms of how big a watch may wear. This is 48mm wide across the dial does not look or feel like that, especially on the strap versus the bracelet. I really like smaller watches, or at least smaller relative to modern sizes. I don't mind 42/44mm in a divers watch but I prefer around 40mm and ideally a little less in a dressier watch. The very short lugs work here to reduce the overall perception of the size on the wrist.

It has some great work on the finishes. The shroud is brushed really nicely. The outer-bezel is not brushed but dull steel and the ring around the bezel insert has a high polish finish that will catch the light really nicely and give a very subtle highlight effect. The short lugs are polished, which works well with the bracelet (mix of polish/brushed finish), albeit I rarely wear it on bracelet (too heavy for an activity/beater watch and too blingy for my taste). The hex nuts that secure the shroud are also polished. A lot of thought went into all these little elements, which are subtle, but the work really shows.

I also really like the mineral crystal. The dome is perfectly proportioned for the dial/bezel/shroud dimensions.

The bezel is an absolute delight to use. Just the right amount of resistance, silky smooth. The crown is also really solid.

Lume is absolutely great, as you would expect from a decent Seiko diver. The seconds hand fulfils ISO requirements by looming it on the back end.

The strap is an upgrade. It's still Seiko, but Silicone, comes with one of the 1000m Tunas, incredibly pliable and comfortable, really fits to your wrist but retains its shape perfectly. This one is almost 4 years old and has been worn in the sea regularly. Not a sign of wear on it.

This has the Quartz 7c46 movement, rated for =/- 15 seconds per month. It's not thermo-compensated and would not therefore rate as a HAQ ('high accuracy quartz) but it's incredibly robust and I find mine will easily hold to specifications off my wrist, and achieves even better accuracy if I wear it continuously.

Hmpjb6M.jpg

Re pics - i use a site called tinypic.com - it allows you to upload from your phone etc - you might have to enter one of those capta things.. when uploaded it gives you a number of link - like a direct http link to the picture - but also an image link for use in forums etc.. i always use this link and paste it in here and pictures show up well.. saves storage of pictures on boards and the headaches of getting picture to big etc..

just a tip for anyone who might find it useful.. apologies if everyone knows how to do this already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Love the Tuna, ecoli3136

A blue Tuna quartz SBBN037 is still top of my wish list, but I have developed feelings for an Explorer 1 214270 too even though it's not even blue :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Went for my vintage vostok today, last night I swapped the bezel, strap and reset the hands

41209a7a50fafecb7a7386938e859408.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Finally popped on new hands on my Komandirskie. Is it normal for the second hand to just slide into place?

It almost feels like it will fall out even though its had a good shake test.

5vbxw3.jpg

funkyouup wrote: »
    Is it normal for the second hand to just slide into place?

It almost feels like it will fall out even though its had a good shake test.
    Been there F and yeah some do just pop into place and stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Finally got my hands on my new Orient Bambino today. I must say for €150 its a solid little automatic and looks even better than the pictures can show. I love the domed crystal on it! Thoughts?

TQgmcyX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Looks the part from here.

Aqua Terra on martu navy leather.. feels great but the colour is a little towards purple. Bought the Omega buckle separately.

10xzek1.jpg

2ebenet.jpg

fdf29w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Her craftsmanship is excellent and we can't complain about the prices or her customer service. But colour wise she seems a bit off now and then. Remember my tan strap? She sent a replacement free of charge, but it was still quite dark brown and nowhere near the tan coloured one I ordered from her website.

unkel wrote: »
    Her craftsmanship is excellent and we can't complain about the prices or her customer service. But colour wise she seems a bit off now and then. Remember my tan strap? She sent a replacement free of charge, but it was still quite dark brown and nowhere near the tan coloured one I ordered from her website.

Thanks yeah I've already put it back on bracelet. I emailed her before order and she said it would be a close match. I might email her and see what she thinks.. I'd really like it a closer match to the dial. I sent a picture of the watch to her

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Aqua Terra on martu navy leather.. feels great but the colour is a little towards purple

If your photos are true to life, I'd be a bit put out by that - that is not navy. I'm sure that the nature of the work means that colours will vary, but that looks way off.

Eoin wrote: »
    If your photos are true to life, I'd be a bit put out by that - that is not navy. I'm sure that the nature of the work means that colours will vary, but that looks way off.

Yeah i won't be keeping it. I've dropped her an email. The quality and smell is amazing though :)

I got this to for my steinhart ocean vintage gmt which I'd say will be almost perfect

2mfwtjd.jpg

• Advertisement

I might just bite the bullet and order an Omega strap but it's 500 dollars I'd rather not spend.. I've no issues with the bracelet so maybe I should just sit tight with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement