Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

What flavors does londis have on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭dubguy45

cc-offe wrote: »
    I think the reason I'm doing so well with it isn't because the Jasper is great but it definitely made me believe that with the right e-cig I will stop smoking cigarettes.

Long term I'd never stick with the Jasper, I don't want to be having to count out all my inhalations in case i'm getting through the cartridge faster than i'd like, the cartridge looks like it wouldn't hold much if it's refilled (and you confirmed that to me) and reading about the eGo everyone seems to consider it to be very much like a real cigarette.

I really enjoy smoking, I don't really want to quit, that's why I want something to replace the cigarettes that won't damage my health and that's why i'm feeling really positive now because it was spur of the moment to buy the Jasper in the shop, had a couple of smokes left in my pocket and haven't bought any since.

Battery wise I need something that will last all day so that's another major factor in purchasing the eGo. I'll definitely let you know what the eGo is like, I'll be disappointed now if it's not much better than the Jasper one, I think i've already decided it's the one for me before i've even tried it!

BTW what liquid are you refilling with?

Using a small bottle marked Tobacco 18mg. bought in NO.8 Store on Baggot St. My first e-liquid so cant compare to anything. I dont think there are any flavours in Londis just Tobacco at different values. Just noticed that the small piece of foil that comes off the cartridge falls into the evaporator thingy and may need to be removed. The e-go does appear to be the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Using a small bottle marked Tobacco 18mg. bought in NO.8 Store on Baggot St. My first e-liquid so cant compare to anything. I dont think there are any flavours in Londis just Tobacco at different values. Just noticed that the small piece of foil that comes off the cartridge falls into the evaporator thingy and may need to be removed. The e-go does appear to be the business.

The e-go is the business I have 3 of them and the mega battery and atomiser.When I started using e-cigs I bought the DSE-801 and it was crap.A couple of decent drags then nothing ,pure rubbish tbh.I was going to start smoking again then I bought the joy ego and haven't looked back.Im off the fags 6 months now and I prefer the e-cig to the real thing.I just buy 1 bottle of liquid per week and thats it ,sorted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This Jasper and Jasper crap sounds like it could really put people off e-cigs. Exactly what I was afraid of.

mewso wrote: »
    This Jasper and Jasper crap sounds like it could really put people off e-cigs. Exactly what I was afraid of.

You are right but the aim here is to prevent people wasting their money as I have done. I smoked a full pre filled Jasper cartridge last night as a test and got less than 50 drags and thats generous. I will find the right e-cigg with the information on here. The likes of Utube is no good to form an opinion on from company based promos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You are right but the aim here is to prevent people wasting their money as I have done. I smoked a full pre filled Jasper cartridge last night as a test and got less than 50 drags and thats generous. I will find the right e-cigg with the information on here. The likes of Utube is no good to form an opinion on from company based promos.

I'm glad you are going to try some better e-cigs but bear in mind lots of folks won't. One bad e-cig is enough of an excuse for a smoker to go back to smoking. As addicts part of us just want a reason to go back without feeling too bad (well I tried). A bad first experience with e-cigs will provide just that.

I'm glad you are going to try some better e-cigs but bear in mind lots of folks won't. One bad e-cig is enough of an excuse for a smoker to go back to smoking. As addicts part of us just want a reason to go back without feeling too bad (well I tried). A bad first experience with e-cigs will provide just that.

You are correct mewso ,I was going to start smoking again until I found the right information here.There are a lot of useless e-cigs on the market and as dubguy45 says you tube is not great for getting the right info.It seems to be the same guy in all the e-cig vids.I personally know people that I work with that have ditched the e-cig because of a bad experience.Trying to get people back to it is harder second time round

I take your point. I have family to introduce to e-ciggs but not before I find something good, for the reason you have outlined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

Yea I do agree with you, I've been talking to a few people since I started smoking them and they say oh I must tell so and so about these and I always say wait till I get my new ones because these ones to me don't seem like a long term thing.

I think because I know I have the other ones ordered I don't find them that bad and at the moment they're doing me just fine probably because I know i'm only going to have to put up with them for a couple more days.

My boyfriend had a few drinks in the house last night and so it was a big test for him as he smokes non stop if he is drinking, he borrowed a couple of smokes just in case, he did end up having one and then my computer wouldn't work and I got so frustrated that I ended up having the other one but all in all we're doing really well. He borrowed silk cut blue and we normally smoke John Player and the Jasper ones are definitely more like the Silk cut.

Does the eGo have a button you have to press when you want to take a drag?

• Advertisement

Does the eGo have a button you have to press when you want to take a drag?

It does indeed and I find that better than the e-cig judging the power by how hard you pull on it.I get a great drag every time with the ego

If you were to categorise the e-cig.The DSE-801 and the Jasper would be amature/below standard and the ego would be robust and professional

Could some experienced e smoker possibly tell me how many drags you may expect to get from 9 drops of e-liquid in a cartridge.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Could some experienced e smoker possibly tell me how many drags you may expect to get from 9 drops of e-liquid in a cartridge.
    Thanks.

That's a difficult one to answer as I guess it would depend a lot on the device you are using.

FWIW I get about 15 drags from 2 to 3 drops when direct dripping on my ego

puttputt wrote: »
    That's a difficult one to answer as I guess it would depend a lot on the device you are using.

FWIW I get about 15 drags from 2 to 3 drops when direct dripping on my ego

Thanks for the reply. I know its not possible to be definitive but needed a rough idea.

Just counted: I'm getting 10 good drags from 2 drops when dripping. Don't know about the cartridges tho.
    Has anybody tried flavorings from www.flavourartexpress.biz for diy? Are they ok? Is ok to mix their "ice blade" nicotine base 36mg with PG to get 12 mg liquid and then add some VG and flavorings? Just want to mix my own juice and not sure yet what should I mix....
    Btw has anybody tried thei vape wizard? Is it worth a try?

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Just counted: I'm getting 10 good drags from 2 drops when dripping. Don't know about the cartridges tho.
    Has anybody tried flavorings from www.flavourartexpress.biz for diy? Are they ok? Is ok to mix their "ice blade" nicotine base 36mg with PG to get 12 mg liquid and then add some VG and flavorings? Just want to mix my own juice and not sure yet what should I mix....
    Btw has anybody tried thei vape wizard? Is it worth a try?

Thanks. So that would mean approx 50 drags from 9 drops. 9 drops fill the Jasper cartridge and thats what I got last night. The guy on utube suggests im using it wrong but if anyone gets 180 odd drags from a Jasper cartridge please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks. So that would mean approx 50 drags from 9 drops. 9 drops fill the Jasper cartridge and thats what I got last night. The guy on utube suggests im using it wrong but if anyone gets 180 odd drags from a Jasper cartridge please let me know.

From what I've read the majority of people seem to end up using around 2 to 3 mls of juice per day. Most ex smokers being 20 to 30 a day users.

Given 20 drops per ml that would be somewhere between 40 to 60 drops per day. The claim of 180 drags from 9 drops just seems ridiculous to me, exaggerated claims won't help vendors or users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You can get 180 drags. They just have to be very tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

Anybody used the intellicig or any feedback on it?
    Thanks

TheQueen wrote: »
    Thanks

Never tried it ,It does look like a lot of the sub standard rubbish thats on the market.The ones that look like cigarettes are usually rubbish

nesf wrote: »
    You can get 180 drags. They just have to be very tiny.

In the youtube video the guy is using a pre filled Jasper & Jasper and he gets 196 drags with loads of vapor right till the end, definitely not possible with the Jasper.

• Advertisement

In the youtube video the guy is using a pre filled Jasper & Jasper and he gets 196 drags with loads of vapor right till the end, definitely not possible with the Jasper.

The youtube videos are misleading ,When I started with e-cigs I bought the highly acclaimed DSE-801 and the guy in the video got huge vape off it and right till the end of a pre filled cart.The reality was very different and I wasted 60 euros on it and pre filled carts.If its the same guy im thinking of he's in all the videos promoting every kind of e-cig

Thanks

I have tried their liquid which is pretty tastless and boring. As a supplier they went against all other suppliers in choosing to push the UK Government for a medicalised environment selling e-cigs. They have been pinning their hopes on being the only company allowed to sell e-cigs if restrictive legislation comes in so on UK Vapers, for example, they are very unpopular. I personally won't buy from them again on that basis.

I have tried their liquid which is pretty tastless and boring. As a supplier they went against all other suppliers in choosing to push the UK Government for a medicalised environment selling e-cigs. They have been pinning their hopes on being the only company allowed to sell e-cigs if restrictive legislation comes in so on UK Vapers, for example, they are very unpopular. I personally won't buy from them again on that basis.

That's terrible if it happens.I would buy nothing off them based on that alone.

chemist out of the 18mg cartridges for J&J so had to get the 11mg, hope my eGo arrives tomorrow

chemist out of the 18mg cartridges for J&J so had to get the 11mg, hope my eGo arrives tomorrow

Wait till you see the difference with the eGo ,it's something else.Im sitting here vaping one with a mega atomiser and battery.Major vape with every drag:pac:

Wait till you see the difference with the eGo ,it's something else.Im sitting here vaping one with a mega atomiser and battery.Major vape with every drag:pac:

I can't wait to get it getting a bit frustrated now and I can only imagine what i'll be like later after the weaker cartridges,
    I think i'll walk to post office in morning because the postman is there at 9 but doesn't deliver our post til after 2:mad: and I want to get vaping straight away:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah a bad e-cig can put people off.I would recommend the Joye eGo ,I have three of them and they are robust and excellent for vape.Big long drags each time.I would also recommend buying liquid and just drip onto the filler inside the cartridge.liquids ,menthol is very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

That cig is smaller looking than the one I have.Mine is about the thickness of a cigar and isn't a starter kit.Im not mad on tobacco flavours although some people are.liberty flights tobacco liquid is meant to be one of the best tobacco liquids around.I have ordered some of their other flavours which I hope to get tomorrow.1 30mil bottle lasts me 1 week.I used to smoke 20 blue per day.I haven't smoked in months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I can't believe i'v never heard of these before, my sister showed me this thread and I ordered the Joye eGo starter pack last Thurs so hoping to have it tomorrow or Tues. I smoke around 3 cigs on a normal day but on a night out or when I have a drink I could easily smoke 20-30 so my lungs are feeling pretty ****ty after the christmas season. Thanks for this thread, really informative and a life saver if it works out for me :)

jackie1974 wrote: »
    I can't believe i'v never heard of these before, my sister showed me this thread and I ordered the Joye eGo starter pack last Thurs so hoping to have it tomorrow or Tues. I smoke around 3 cigs on a normal day but on a night out or when I have a drink I could easily smoke 20-30 so my lungs are feeling pretty ****ty after the christmas season. Thanks for this thread, really informative and a life saver if it works out for me :)

Get yourself some liquids and just refill the pre filled carts you'll be suprised how good it is

The difference is in the battery only. The eGo is no different to any 510 pack except for a battery that lasts most of the day whereas the one you link to there has a battery that will only last a couple of hours.

Is this kit and supplier ok. Bigger batteries included.
    Thanks.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=56

Is this kit and supplier ok. Bigger batteries included.
    Thanks.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=56

That's the one alright.go and get it:pac: Thats a good deal too

That's the one alright.go and get it:pac: Thats a good deal too
    But before you get it read my post about this place a couple of pages back...

But before you get it read my post about this place a couple of pages back...

The shop? linky

edit:Saw your post.I bought my mega eGo from the vapourstore and never had issues

Thanks for both comments, I will check.

Yeah I got my ego from thevapourstore too. But joye 510 I got off that shop. Both batteries died just after a couple of days. So I'd be very carefull buying from them. Maybe it was just a bad luck tho.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got my ego from thevapourstore too. But joye 510 I got off that shop. Both batteries died just after a couple of days. So I'd be very carefull buying from them. Maybe it was just a bad luck tho.

You didn't by any chance charge the regular 510 batteries in the eGo charger?

puttputt wrote: »
    You didn't by any chance charge the regular 510 batteries in the eGo charger?
    :) oh no, i gave it as a present to my friend, only original charger was used

Started on the 11mg Jasper cartridges because the chemist were out of the 16mg, oddly enough they actually feel stronger than the 16mg, better vapour and better throat kick, there's a bit of a menthol after taste though even though I got the tobacco flavoured ones.

Quality control mustn't be great where they make the cartridges if the weaker ones taste stronger and minty and my last 16mg pack was missing the silver blister pack

It might be worth emailing the company and asking for replacement batteries, you should get better performance than that.

Tell them you will post your experiences of their customer service on here

Ok so my intellicig seems to be ****e.

I have information overload. Can somebody please just tell me what to buy please

You can't go wrong with ego. Just get it from reliable vendor to make sure it's genuine. IMHO

• Advertisement

You can't go wrong with ego. Just get it from reliable vendor to make sure it's genuine. IMHO

Thanks
    Can you recommend somewhere to buy please.
    Much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Just put in a pre-order for the new Tank system over at Totally Wicked. Looks right good for the direct dripping brigade. I got two atties and a pack of empty tanks. http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-tank-ecig-products.html

Thanks
    Much appreciated!

the vaporstore and they take laser get some liquids as well

Thanks
    Much appreciated!

Yep. Thevapourstore.ie check there for ego starter kit. You'll get 2 attys, 2 batteries, drip tip and 5 cartridges, main and USB charger, all in the nice box. Get a few 5ml liquids as well just to try as the cartridges that come with the kit taste nasty:)

O'Prez wrote: »
    Just put in a pre-order for the new Tank system over at Totally Wicked. Looks right good for the direct dripping brigade. I got two atties and a pack of empty tanks. http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-tank-ecig-products.html

That's very like the mega eGo I have.Im eventually going to buy the SCREWDRIVER!!!!!

screwdriverweb.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement