Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

Is that for under 30months and qa on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Got 3.85 & 3.90 base for a double of under and overage AAx heifers and bullocks.
    Underage got QA & AA bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Yes not sure about the overage
    Qa + grades after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Have 7 continental cull cows to go. Blondes and limousins. Had an agent for a small independent slaughterhouse out today. He offered me €3.55 a kilo flat. One might be an O but she is by far the worst of them. I also have a 32 month old blonde heifer that slipped calf twice so she is going too. He offered €3.90 for her. Should I take it? I never usually kill cattle but sell weanlings so I don't keep too much up to fate on prices. Any advice?

I'd say he's at least 10 cent out especially if there heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

He is treating you ok on the heifer but there might be a shake more going for cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

2 euros a kilo live weight easily

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

leg wax wrote: »
    2 euros a kilo live weight easily

Were you selling yesterday leg wax , how did you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Have 7 continental cull cows to go. Blondes and limousins. Had an agent for a small independent slaughterhouse out today. He offered me €3.55 a kilo flat. One might be an O but she is by far the worst of them. I also have a 32 month old blonde heifer that slipped calf twice so she is going too. He offered €3.90 for her. Should I take it? I never usually kill cattle but sell weanlings so I don't keep too much up to fate on prices. Any advice?

Do you reckon the cows I'll be Us? If so Prob 3.60 be more like it anyway, but like willfarmerman said he's not doing Ya any harm on the heifer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

3.25 O&P cows for next week, have 7 going, Prob only one an o and 4 not there the 70 days so didn't argue with him, if I had a few better cows I'd push harder for more

• Advertisement

What are the run of prices for this week heifers and steers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

3.85 base steers, kepak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

restive wrote: »
    3.85 base steers, kepak

Any difference in price between under and overage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Any difference in price between under and overage?

I do not know. Mine were underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Midlandsman80

is €3.90 base for just underage angus heifers about right? quote from Kilbeggan for killing this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

is €3.90 base for just underage angus heifers about right? quote from Kilbeggan for killing this week

Are u sourceing an angus bonus along with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

yeah - I was 3.90 for angus heifers this week but booked in under the scheme so getting bonus and QA.

If not selling this way, would have got 4 easily I reckon.

if killing in kilbeggan, mention the angus scheme and you will get the 15c bonus (the irish angus scheme not the AAA one which you need to pay to join).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

TUBBY wrote: »
    yeah - I was 3.90 for angus heifers this week but booked in under the scheme so getting bonus and QA.

If not selling this way, would have got 4 easily I reckon.

if killing in kilbeggan, mention the angus scheme and you will get the 15c bonus (the irish angus scheme not the AAA one which you need to pay to join).
    Do you need to be a member for Irish Angus scheme?

I'd say tubby can confirm the details
    There does seem to be 2 levels of aa bonuses
    Wether your a member or not
    And if you give some weeks notice or just days notice of impending slaughter

Do you need to be a member for Irish Angus scheme?

Free membership for one which gives 15c. Just mention it when booking or ring gerry smyth in bunbrosna.
    Other one has more of a bonus but if you have big numbers (50 in the year), book 100 days in advance and has tighter spec with movements etc. Membership for that 100 euro. That the one I in to be honest. Can get 40c bonus some times of year in it.

• Advertisement

Are they still strict on aa traits of previous generations
    Sort of half bred aa
    Stumps of horns or awkwardly shaped angus's

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Are they still strict on aa traits of previous generations
    Sort of half bred aa
    Stumps of horns or awkwardly shaped angus's

not moaning cause overall i got on ok but for the aaa they cut for
    Any sign of butt of horn even if aa on card
    bullocks must be between 260-360kg.
    no more than 2 previous owners.
    fat score 2+ to 4=
    grade o= up.
    have to be booked in 100 days in advance.
    have to kill over 50 with these criteria effectively in year to get aaa. Otherwise you get a smaller bonus very similar to what the other crowd offer.

overall approx 3/4 of my ones net criteria but a lot were suckler bred. Dairy ones might struggle to keep under 4+ cause they butty. Also with bad bulls on go now cleaning dairy herds, o- a possibility.

the other scheme is
    bird bia rules apply and as long as aax on card, you paid.

That's the ins an outs of the criteria well summed up
    Thanks
    40 cent be well worth it wen your organised enough with your specs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Factories desperately struggling to get numbers this week – IFA
    http://www.agriland.ie/news/factories-desperately-struggling-get-numbers-week-ifa/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭amacca

IFA have a one page add in the farmers journal saying much the same thing and urging farmers to hold on to their cattle/hold out for higher prices

anyone any ideas about when the sweet spot for letting them go to the mart might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

I said wrote: »
    Factories desperately struggling to get numbers this week – IFA
    http://www.agriland.ie/news/factories-desperately-struggling-get-numbers-week-ifa/

Those ads are some load of PR horsesh@*te :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

No scarcity of fat cattle yet. Strong Cattle that were housed mid October and being pushed since are coming ready now..the only stock that they seem any way eager for are the QA aa and Herefords.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭royaler83

Willfarman wrote: »
    No scarcity of fat cattle yet. Strong Cattle that were housed mid October and being pushed since are coming ready now..the only stock that they seem any way eager for are the QA aa and Herefords.

Yea 36k head slaughtered last week, IFA still insisting factories are begging for cattle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any quotes for heifers lads/lassies. Just waiting on an agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Any quotes for heifers lads/lassies. Just waiting on an agent.

Hard to see a price rise kill way too high. We are also entering white meat season beef will not be in demand for being killed until Christmas week. Always found next 16-20 days bad time to be selling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement