Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geek Alert: Loot Crates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

got mine today too, thankfully that's the end of my 3 month subscription and won't be renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Paddy_man wrote: »
    Same as you, got this morning and disappointed with it.

Same here! got it today, and it was a crate full of disappointment.

I'll wait for March crate, because there'll be a t-shirt, but after that, I'll cancel it and just keep the Nerd Block subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I also got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Glad I saw this thread. I was tempted to subscribe but now I'm not going to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Surprised so many here disliked this month's crate, I thought it was one of the better ones from the last few months. I'm going to cancel my subscription as next month's doesn't really appeal to me but I'll definitely be re-subscribing once I see a theme I'm interested in.

• Advertisement

Surprised so many here disliked this month's crate, I thought it was one of the better ones from the last few months. I'm going to cancel my subscription as next month's doesn't really appeal to me but I'll definitely be re-subscribing once I see a theme I'm interested in.

Well I understand, that everyone is different, but between a very stupid pacman "poster", a doll that I should give to my niece since she's 4 and like to paint stuff, that card game that doesn't say anything to me and the dices for that cardbox game... surely I'm not impressed.

The bug was ok, and the book I'll give it to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

My six month subscription is up at the end of the month, I paid $145.80 which at the time worked out at €117 so it was €19.50 a crate.

They are looking $162 for a resub which at the bad dollar exchange rates we are getting now converts to about €157, that's €26.16 a crate.

Don't think I will resub unless they offer some serious discount, would need to be a 20% discount to bring it back down to near €20 a crate so don't think it's likely to happen and I don't feel it is worth paying more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,357 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

March Covert crate arrived today a lot better the February's one for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

March Covert crate arrived today a lot better the February's one for me anyway.

My first ever Lootcrate arrived yesterday. Happy with most of the contents. Not sure I'd risk an ongoing subscription though.

Have to say that the tracking system is a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

looking at the videos for this March one I'm glad I didn't renew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

looking at the videos for this March one I'm glad I didn't renew.
    It was pathetic judging by Ashens review, could have shoved it all in an envelope instead of the Lootcrate box.

Thargor wrote: »
    It was pathetic judging by Ashens review, could have shoved it all in an envelope instead of the Lootcrate box.

Better than the February's crate, but definitely doesn't worth the subscription value.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Judging by Ashens' review, the
    t-shirt and watch
    are nice and I'll probably use both. Probably pay 20 quid for just those tbh, so I'll be reasonably happy with this month's one.

I've got one left of my 6 crate subscription, won't be continuing with it. They're nice novelties, but really that's all they are. I've got about 5 things from the 4 crates so far that I'll be keeping and would have spent money on had I seen them somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Got mine yesterday. I liked the things mentioned in the spoiler above, but i cancelled my account at the start of the month. Think i'll just find a cool tshirt for myself every month instead for the same price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Liked the
    t-shirt watch and notepads
    , thought it was a good crate compared to the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Tails142 wrote: »
    Liked the
    t-shirt watch and notepads
    , thought it was a good crate compared to the last couple of months.

I was rather happy with this months crate, but given the last few crates it's rather easy for this month crate to look good

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Caveman

fdevine wrote: »
    My first ever Lootcrate arrived yesterday. Happy with most of the contents. Not sure I'd risk an ongoing subscription though.

Have to say that the tracking system is a shambles.

Who delivered it?
    An Post or A Shipping company?

First time ordering a loot crate and I have no idea what is going on with it.

Who delivered it?
    An Post or A Shipping company?

First time ordering a loot crate and I have no idea what is going on with it.

An Post delivered mine.

The first one was in the Country about 2 weeks before it was delivered then this one arrived 2 days after it arrived in the Country.

The tracking seems to end once it's handed over to An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MartyPants89

Might be a bit off topic but does seeing as loot crate doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea is there any other monthly subscriptions you guys get that you'd recommend?

Mygeekbox , nerd block etc.?

An Post delivered mine.

The first one was in the Country about 2 weeks before it was delivered then this one arrived 2 days after it arrived in the Country.

The tracking seems to end once it's handed over to An Post.

The most up to date tracking I can get is that it departed from the US 3 days ago, no further updates :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Might be a bit off topic but does seeing as loot crate doesn't seem to be everyone's cup of tea is there any other monthly subscriptions you guys get that you'd recommend?

Mygeekbox , nerd block etc.?

If recommend nerd block :) I really like that you get a t-shirt every month.

The most up to date tracking I can get is that it departed from the US 3 days ago, no further updates :S

They say to get in touch if you haven't received your crate in 15 working days my February crate arrived I think on day 15 the March one only took 4 days from leaving the States to arrive.

I say sent them a message on Facebook if the tracking info hasn't updated by Monday.

They say to get in touch if you haven't received your crate in 15 working days my February crate arrived I think on day 15 the March one only took 4 days from leaving the States to arrive.

I say sent them a message on Facebook if the tracking info hasn't updated by Monday.

Yea I will, I guess I just shouldn't have gotten my hopes up on receiving it today :( lol

I think I may end up swapping from lootcrate to Zbox just from reading a lot of reviews

April's theme has been revealed and it is what I was hoping it would be with
    GoT starting in April.

It will be the last of my 3 months sub and I cancelled not sure if I will sign up again to be honest.

Fun for 3 months but that's about it.

I think I may end up swapping from lootcrate to Zbox just from reading a lot of reviews

I wasn't aware of that Zbox, but it seems better than Lootcrate, just by comparing the last 3 crates from ZBox and Loot Crate.

At the moment I'm also subscribing Nerd Block.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I got mine yesterday.

Not too impressed, sadly, so cancelled my subscription today. I already have one of those watches, they were in Pennys in December for about €3-5 and I don't like white t-shirts.

Not a big
    GoT
    fan, so not for me

I since bought Ghostbusters Lego in Smyths of the lads with Ecto-1 :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Just subscribed at the beginning of this month. Has anybody got theirs yet?

e_e wrote: »
    Just subscribed at the beginning of this month. Has anybody got theirs yet?

No mine hasn't arrived yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Tracking seems pretty unreliable for me, last update was on the 18th. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement