Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The OnePlus 2 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

MKBHD on YouTube had one and has reviewed the camera:

https://youtu.be/VDiOv9148gc

So its......13mp f2.0 with laser focus. I was hoping for F1.9 :(

In the comparisons the OnePlus One looks like its the best imo. The iPhone 6,S6, and G4 images look like they have an instagram filter on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Good to see they will be implementing a reservation list for the OP2:

https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/07/the-oneplus-2-invite-system-new-and-improved/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep the (new) invite system sounds better anyway, just need a date now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

So its......13mp f2.0 with laser focus. I was hoping for F1.9 :(

In the comparisons the OnePlus One looks like its the best imo. The iPhone 6,S6, and G4 images look like they have an instagram filter on them.

Very disappointing. I was really hoping they'd up the camera specs a little. If it lacks any kind of OIS then I don't think I'll be picking it up. I don't have steady hands and about half the shots I take come out blurred, so I usually end up taking two.

Simi wrote: »
    Very disappointing. I was really hoping they'd up the camera specs a little. If it lacks any kind of OIS then I don't think I'll be picking it up. I don't have steady hands and about half the shots I take come out blurred, so I usually end up taking two.

Same here, that was the only update I really cared about.

If some of your shots are blurred, it might be because you're saving RAW images? I don't think they should be blurred if you have slow shutter and save as raw image turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bit late to the OnePlus talk but I'm really interested in the Two. Main concern obviously is getting the phone. If I can get it before October than I'm fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

October???

I want it by the end of July!

Am I being totally unrealistic? Mid August at the latest. I have very itchy hands and need a new phone. Keeping an eye on the price of Nexus 6 and Lg G4 and at the first sign of price drop I will be all over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

nedd wrote: »
    October???

Am I being totally unrealistic? Mid August at the latest. I have very itchy hands and need a new phone. Keeping an eye on the price of Nexus 6 and Lg G4 and at the first sign of price drop I will be all over them.

Yes, zero chance of it before October IMO

October???

I want to win the lottery...

:rolleyes::pac:

Considering it will only be ANNOUNCED NOT RELEASED...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

October???

Check out the ultra 6, available now and save yourself some more funds

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Check out the ultra 6, available now and save yourself some more funds

The Ultra 6 is not as good as the others. Spec very similar/not as good as the OnePlus One.

Well I'm just saying October as that's the deadline for me, after that I won't be able to pick one up realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

tok9 wrote: »
    Well I'm just saying October as that's the deadline for me, after that I won't be able to pick one up realistically.

All depends when they actually release it.I presume it will be into August before its released so if you get lucky there is a chance of having it before October.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Galaxy note 4 springs to mind.........
    http://m.gsmarena.com/oneplus_2_spotted_on_tenaa_website_with_a_physical_home_button-news-13182.php

Although without SD card/replaceable battery !

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't think it will be as hard to get as the One was. They'll have way more stock for sure.

I have to take back what I said about the smart 6. Held one in my hand today and it looks really impressive for the price. I'm surprised they can make a phone so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

So this is supposedly it

gsmarena_002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't really see much of a change. I cannot believe they are going for the sandstone black cover again.

xtal191 wrote: »
    So this is supposedly it

gsmarena_002.jpg

giphy.gif
    I don't really see much of a change. I cannot believe they are going for the sandstone black cover again.

The sandstone is unique, has a good look and feel. Id prefer it to a cheap plastic or even a plastic/metal "blend" and they're not going to use metal so.....it'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Looks fine to me. Dont think they were ever going to dramatically re-design the look of the phone.
    I like the sandstone black even if it does wear off slightly after a few months of use. I'd be happy if they back covers were replacable (along with the battery).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Looks good. The moved camera is nice. Too many times i've had to move my pinky when taking a picture. Looks like a new button on the left side, any ideas what it's for? Seems like they've managed to bring in the sides a fraction (I hope), no more silver overhang on the top, bottom and sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Danger781 wrote: »
    Reservation list has been opened!

Referral link - If you use my referral I get pushed up the queue slightly. I'm not earning anything else.
    https://oneplus.net/invites?kid=6G26G

Non-referral link:
    https://oneplus.net/invites

From the OPO thread, reservation now open!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You are in position
    10,996 / 10,996

Ah ffs. Hopefully bumped Danger up a little bit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

frantic190 wrote: »
    From the OPO thread, reservation now open!

Stuck my name down, just incase it surprises. But as of now I won't be picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

jimmii wrote: »
    You are in position
    10,996 / 10,996

Ah ffs. Hopefully bumped Danger up a little bit anyway.

15 minutes later and I got 13,650.

Not mad about a physical home button I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Some hidden stuff on the hype page via Reddit.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/3ek2iu/hidden_stuff_on_the_oneplus_2_hype_page/

I think I'm 1,600 or so on the list.

15 minutes later and I got 13,650.

Not mad about a physical home button I have to say.

Wow thats crazy wouldn't have thought the list would be growing that quickly!

frantic190 wrote: »
    Some hidden stuff on the hype page via Reddit.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/3ek2iu/hidden_stuff_on_the_oneplus_2_hype_page/

I think I'm 1,600 or so on the list.

The pop up shops is interesting. Wonder if there are any die hards who would travel over to London to get one on Day 1!

Since I live in London, that would be extremely handy. Although I imagine that would be crazy busy so I probably wouldn't bother with it.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Since I live in London, that would be extremely handy. Although I imagine that would be crazy busy so I probably wouldn't bother with it.

Yeh for sure. Be interesting to see the sort of queues they get I would imagine the media will be quick to compare wit with an iPhone launch which might not help. If there are big queues it could well bump them up a level in the general publics eyes I've found even phone reps coming in to try sell me stuff haven't heard of it still.

Advertisement