Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Is this clip still available anywhere?.

I haven't seen it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a8_1350072117

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Cian92 wrote: »
    No offence Teyla but it seems like you have had a pretty sheltered life. I went to a respectable enough school and I would witness a fight like this maybe 2 or 3 times a year. It was pretty commonplace, the fight in the video doesn't seem to be shocking at all.

I have seen girls fighting in my past school, that ended up with clumps of hair lying around the floor and a teacher having the break up the fight with a sweeping brush!

Shit happens. Punish the students fighting, I just don't see how such a huge fuss is made over this.

I don't see why people are complaining about those watching the fight either, I always thought it was quite entertaining to watch a scrap. :p

Fights are a part of life (the life of a skanger I agree), where I work I regularly have to break up fights between staff.

Maybe I have led a sheltered life. Aren't I lucky though? Because no one should think this type of thing is 'normal' or 'acceptable' (even if you are a skanger, and the kids in this video don't seem to be). There's something really wrong when society is inured to violence like this. 12 year old girls pulling the head off each other should be considered an exceptional and disturbing act, not something people don't blink an eye at.

And what kind of place are you working in Cian if the STAFF are fighting with each other!?

Abi wrote: »
    I never thought I'd click on that link again. Theres no arguing the fight was pre-empted, but watch the face of the one walking back after pushing for the fight.

Her worst nightmare would be to be my daughter, I'll tell you that much.

Again, for the terminally stupid, I mean that in the non violent sense.

There are certain materialistic things that matter to children of that age, and it would be all cut off by me, I'd almost spoon feed them again till I got them straight again, I'd be that much of a pain in the ass.

Abi for President! Let's sort this country out!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Abi for President! Let's sort this country out!! :)

Tag team effort Teyla, what ya say? :D

*cracks whip*

Tag team effort Teyla, what ya say? :D

*cracks whip*

Shure why not, we probably wouldn't do a worse job than the rest of the eejits currently running this place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

I never thought I'd click on that link again. Theres no arguing the fight was pre-empted, but watch the face of the one walking back after pushing for the fight.

There are certain materialistic things that matter to children of that age, and it would be all cut off by me, I'd almost spoon feed them again till I got them straight again, I'd be that much of a pain in the ass.

What are you on about, you'd consider your daughter egging on a fight worse than if she became a junkie? Or a hooker?

What a load of cobblers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

dotsman wrote: »

Well that was difficult to watch, and I'd have to say anyone taking any kind of pleasure out of watching that is a f*cking twit.

In fairness the two girls probably didn't want to fight (most people don't, including myself who can fight), but were likely gouded into it by that trollop who pushed them into it.

Ugly affair altogether, my heart would break if I seen my daughter do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishwolfman

Both contenders fighting style was laughable if I'm honest, why isnt Christ the king teaching them proper fighting in P.E.? Neither won the fight so they will have brought disgrace on their kids (I assume they are both pregnant).

M three wrote: »

What are you on about, you'd consider your daughter egging on a fight worse than if she became a junkie? Or a hooker?
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

1:33 "Come on, this is getting boring..." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Well that was difficult to watch, and I'd have to say anyone taking any kind of pleasure out of watching that is a f*cking twit.

In fairness the two girls probably didn't want to fight (most people don't, including myself who can fight), but were likely gouded into it by that trollop who pushed them into it.

Ugly affair altogether, my heart would break if I seen my daughter do something like that.
    i would nnot want my daughter be a ring leader, which is what i think of the girl who pushed the others back, and then came back smiling, thinking she was great and getting pleasure out of making fools of others.
    i call that a ring leader

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Maybe I have led a sheltered life. Aren't I lucky though?

You are and you aren't. It is kind of difficult to pass judgement if you haven't seen alot of what many people come across in their life. People always give out about politicians claiming they are out of touch etc
    And what kind of place are you working in Cian if the STAFF are fighting with each other!?

Just a factory! When the staff have to change shifts due to their shift rotation they will end up working long, difficult and strenuous shifts with very little sleep. They get annoyed quickly and it leads to fights. It will be split up quickly enough and usually those fighting are best friends the next day when they come back to their full senses.

watched it again and heres my take on it.
    The girl who pushes one of the "fighters" into it to get it started is a right little tramp. lets call her tramp 1.
    She probably had her mate film until she was able to take over the camera.
    Tramp 1 seems to be egging them both on, "come on aoifaaaa". "come on nicole"
    maybe tramp 1 even fed them both a load of lies in the run up to this to get it started, with the end goal of filming it and putting it everywhere. After all, of all the people you see filming, its only her version that has turned up online

When tramp 2 and tramp 3 figure all this out perhaps next weeks installment of this tripe will be them ganging up on her and beating her into a pulp. I think we'd pay to see that.

Tramp 1 is the machiavellian type who could well end up as a politician

PS. Kudos to the wee lad who arrives in soloing the ball, he will be wowing us in Croker in years to come if he keeps up practicing at every available moment, even when a pair of skanks are fighting

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

maybe tramp 1 even fed them both a load of lies in the run up to this to get it started, with the end goal of filming it and putting it everywhere. After all, of all the people you see filming, its only her version that has turned up online

Are you saying Tramp 1 filmed herself from 5 metres away with a handheld camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Are you saying Tramp 1 filmed herself from 5 metres away with a handheld camera?

"She probably had her mate film until she was able to take over the camera".

Why did you read all of my post and only quote part of it?
    I said before that that "She probably had her mate film until she was able to take over the camera. "

Are you tramp 1 and trying to get off the hook?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Medu

August 2012:

Katie Taylor should be a role model for all young girls.

October 2012:

National outrage as girls fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I think you have nailed it! and I agree with you there!
    I actually cried when I saw this video!....what broke my heart the most was halfway through the original video...... the older sister of one of the girls fighting....moved forward to break up the fight but was held back herself by at least three other girls! Did anyone else see that?
    the video i was looking at was a bit hazy so i did not see clearly, but i am glad that someone tried to stop it, i do hope that the three girls who stopped her of pulling her sister away from the fight are now sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

What i think is the most sad part of the video, is that these kids have nothing better to do than to organize fights. Being from a surrounding area, i know that there is no after school activities around. A shame really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

terrible fight, both girls shud go to a boxing club and learn how to fight properly. Wasted 2 mins of my life watching that garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

TheDriver wrote: »
    all I can say as a teacher is nothing would surprise you and everyone's parenting is different..............

All I can say, as a teacher, is nothing would surprise you and everyone's parenting is different..............

B-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Both contenders fighting style was laughable if I'm honest, why isnt Christ the king teaching them proper fighting in P.E.? .

Why are you bringing up Christ The King?

Secondary schools accept students from many primary or national schools, not just the local primary, why put the blame on them?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why did you read all of my post and only quote part of it?
    I said before that that "She probably had her mate film until she was able to take over the camera. "

Are you tramp 1 and trying to get off the hook?

Sorry, I missed that but and the past of the video when they swapped phones. It seemed like kids of them were filming it though which is fairly standard these days

Medu wrote: »
    August 2012:

Katie Taylor should be a role model for all young girls.

October 2012:

National outrage as girls fight.

Katie Taylor is involved in a sport, there are rules and protective wear is worn.

I must have missed the parts where she was beating competitors up bare fisted and also the part where she was woolling their hair out.

Silly comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Katie Taylor is involved in a sport, there are rules and protective wear is worn.

I must have missed the parts where she was beating competitors up bare fisted and also the part where she was woolling their hair out.

Silly comparison.

In fairness, bare fisted is safer for the person being punched. Gloves are worn to protect the fighters hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

This would really have been a none story if it had been two girls from the Northside of the city tearing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

In fairness, bare fisted is safer for the person being punched. Gloves are worn to protect the fighters hands.

You couldn't be more wrong, gloves are padded to protect the opponent, check out the story of Billy Collins, who's boxing career ended after being pummelled by an opponent with illegal gloves.

On Topic: This is nothing new nowadays, the only difference is the availability of devices to record the fight and the ease with which it spreads, bullies are idiots, and there will always be idiots around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

rizzodun wrote: »
    You couldn't be more wrong, gloves are padded to protect the opponent, check out the story of Billy Collins, who's boxing career ended after being pummelled by an opponent with illegal gloves.

On Topic: This is nothing new nowadays, the only difference is the availability of devices to record the fight and the ease with which it spreads, bullies are idiots, and there will always be idiots around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

PS. Kudos to the wee lad who arrives in soloing the ball, he will be wowing us in Croker in years to come if he keeps up practicing at every available moment, even when a pair of skanks are fighting

Made me laugh on a Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Medu

Silly comparison.

Protective gear is only in amateur and I believe that is been done away with. Whether it's in a field in cork or in a ring in London - physically hurt the other person more than they hurt you.

Anyway I am not shocked that the hypocrisy of it is lost on people.