Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Link?

It was taken down, but heres the story here with pics (I don't agree with the pics being put in though). http://www.independent.ie/national-news/parents-horrified-at-schoolgirls-phone-fight-video-3257219.html?start=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

12/13-year-olds are women?

Jesus, if people find it abhorrent they can say so if they like. Physical, organised fights among kids is just... ew. Knacksville. At least when adults have drunken fights they have the explanation of not being able to handle their liquor (not saying adults fighting is good either btw).

That said, it's made Drive-Time on RTE Radio One - I don't think it's worthy of that now in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I have never seen two girls beating into each other like that in my life. I never even saw the lads in school lift a hand to each other. And all the little horrors standing around laughing and filming it? There are so many things about that video that disturb me I hardly know where to start.

No offence Teyla but it seems like you have had a pretty sheltered life. I went to a respectable enough school and I would witness a fight like this maybe 2 or 3 times a year. It was pretty commonplace, the fight in the video doesn't seem to be shocking at all.

I have seen girls fighting in my past school, that ended up with clumps of hair lying around the floor and a teacher having the break up the fight with a sweeping brush!

Shit happens. Punish the students fighting, I just don't see how such a huge fuss is made over this.

I don't see why people are complaining about those watching the fight either, I always thought it was quite entertaining to watch a scrap. :p

Fights are a part of life (the life of a skanger I agree), where I work I regularly have to break up fights between staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'm really amazed about the publicity this is getting, would have thought videos like this would be an everyday occurrence these days with the ubiquitous use of camera phones. Where I went to school fights like this were common enough, sure there was more fights involving males but there would still be 1 or 2 of these a month. Admittedly I went to one of the largest secondary schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

need link to the video dammit!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shaylala

is there any other link????

xPaigee:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Of course it didn't achieve anything, it was a silly little fight between two youngsters with no cop-on. I don't think the other poster was implying that people who haven't witnessed or partaken in fights are sheltered, rather that people who think this was shocking and violent are. It may be viral at the moment but this will have all died down in a few days. At the end of the day no-one got hurt.

Of course people got hurt - maybe not physically but mentally. The parents, the girls themselves, some of the onlookers, everybody associated with the girls, and as well as that the school reputation has taken a knocking.
    Abi wrote: »
    Theyve no respect for authority. I'd wipe the fücking smiles off their faces in a flash.
    With what? More violence?

An eye for an eye eh? Fantastic.

Obviously violence is at the forefront of your mind. How about complete grounding till Easter accompanied by no phone/computer access coupled with doubled household tasks and lots of lectures. That would larn them.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    It appears to me that there are too many nosy biddy bodies who want to get a look in and have a say and demand which way society is ordered about. They will probably look upon these two women and demand for the law and justice to take hold of them, because two fcuking dangerous to be let loose, these fighting women are. Fcuking nonsense. Whatever is between those two women, is between those and no one else.

If only it were so. So us nosy biddy bodies should all just leave be and let children (since when are 2nd years women?) order society the way they want it to be. I don't particularly want to be part of a society where public disorder is regarded as normal. A society where the next generation think it alright to settle disagreements with fists or hair pulling. How long before that attitude seeps into the work place or anywhere for that matter and becomes the norm? Would you then change the law so the Gardaí aren't duty bound to intervene when physical altercations break out when innocent bystanders, including perhaps yourself, could get hurt?

I wouldn't want to involve the law 'to take hold' of them, but somebody should, possibly their parents if they know any better, before they grow up to be miserable specimens of what passes for a human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Finally found a YouTube link FYI:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Dave! wrote: »
    Finally found a YouTube link FYI:

Thanks!

That was Sh1t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Laviski

seen worse years ago before the camera phones.

• Advertisement

Cian92 wrote: »
    No offence Teyla but it seems like you have had a pretty sheltered life.
    I'm not having a go at you or anything, but thats been said twice in this thread now. It's seen as somehow odd? :confused:

While I've never witnessed a brawl at school age, I've seen stupid drunken adults brawling on the street. Is this really the kind of thing you want to take lightly? Those kids will be adults some day, but violence is okay so long as you're young. The right attitudes need to be encouraged from an early age, before they grow up thinking it's okay to batter the shít out of people as adults. Are we supposed to assume that once they click 18 they'll have sense and it will never happen again? Will they shite.

I have seen girls fighting in my past school, that ended up with clumps of hair lying around the floor and a teacher having the break up the fight with a sweeping brush!
    That is disgusting.

I don't see why people are complaining about those watching the fight either, I always thought it was quite entertaining to watch a scrap. :p

Fights are a part of life (the life of a skanger I agree), where I work I regularly have to break up fights between staff

I'm sorry, but if it entertains you, then you're part of the culture. Those girls came out of it with probably sore scalps and bruises and scrapes. It could have been a hell of a lot worse.

I couldn't have that on my conscience if something worse happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

nocoverart wrote: »
    Teenage girls scare me. AWFUL THINGS!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Definitely not the ghost of Jimmy Saville anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

WhimSock wrote: »
    I was in a scrap not unlike that in school, not over boys but being constantly harrassed and picked on. Who's to say their scrap isnt similar? In a world that tells you to stick up for yourself or carry in being terrified getting off the bus are the only options that seem available, I took the fightin one. Call me a scumbag for that or whatever but it's not so fking black and white when you're 13 and stuck in school everyday with other scumbags.
    Thankfully it was left there and no one had put it on the internet though.
    Yeh true - I'm just assuming it's a fight over a lad rather than a bullied girl standing up for herself, but I don't know for certain either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The original link to the video was over 2 minutes long, the youtube one is either edited or was taken by someone who didn't get the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The original link to the video was over 2 minutes long, the youtube one is either edited or was taken by someone who didn't get the whole thing.

Ye, you miss the comment "This is boring, let's get ..." said by the girl who walked back to the camera position.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

The funniest part IMO is the person with the Dublinest accent I've ever heard, who is pleading with them to 'ah leev ir ou' :p

The funniest part IMO is the person with the Dublinest accent I've ever heard, who is pleading with them to 'ah leev ir ou' :p

Not sure if serious or is trap....

o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Honestly I think this is massively blown out of proportion. This sort of stuff happens all the time in secondary schools, and the only reason people care this time is because there is a video to go with it. I went to a mixed school and while the boys could be asses and bullies, some of the girls took to an extent that I would consider nothing short of malevolent. Compared to some of the things I heard about, a small fight between two people is down right cordial.

It's not pretty, but it happens, and thankfully most people grow out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cotterman2

Probably been done already but I did a little edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPaVaed7GPU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Leave it Ou....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ellak96

honestly i don't no what with the whole country is talking about this for i've seen way worse then all this happen and no body talks about this, then you have travellers nearly killing each other with wepons and no does be talking about it? older people are so dramatic!

• Advertisement

Knasher wrote: »
    Honestly I think this is massively blown out of proportion. This sort of stuff happens all the time in secondary schools, and the only reason people care this time is because there is a video to go with it.

It seems these fights are arranged between the school kids, at a selected place. The reason it's getting the attention is because ADULTS CAN SEE IT. As an adult, if I walked past something like that I'd break it up. The reason why it's getting such heavy attention is because it can be proved that it happened, and who the culprits were. In the past all you might have gotten off your beaten up child was he said / she said, and all you have is your gut reaction.

There is a 'back in my day' mentality that laces this thread, that completely overlooks how wrong it is to have a physical fight in public. It's actually quite worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Not sure if serious or is trap....

o_0

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

I'm Furious

I'm Furious

I'm Abi, welcome to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

It seems these fights are arranged between the school kids, at a selected place. The reason it's getting the attention is because ADULTS CAN SEE IT. As an adult, if I walked past something like that I'd break it up. The reason why it's getting such heavy attention is because it can be proved that it happened, and who the culprits were. In the past all you might have gotten off your beaten up child was he said / she said, and all you have is your gut reaction.

There is a 'back in my day' mentality that laces this thread, that completely overlooks how wrong it is to have a physical fight in public. It's actually quite worrying.

Its also worrying how many people (parents moreso) who think this was a once off :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Liked by kittens

I think you have nailed it! and I agree with you there!
    I actually cried when I saw this video!....what broke my heart the most was halfway through the original video...... the older sister of one of the girls fighting....moved forward to break up the fight but was held back herself by at least three other girls! Did anyone else see that?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why are people blaming the girl who pushed them together? It's not as if she started anything - they didn't go "hey, we've been pushed together, we'd better batter the ****e out of one another now". They were bulling for a scrap and, as always happens with playground tussles, just waiting for an excuse to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 notwise

Hang on.....

Link?

It was about 6 years ago, just before the social media really took off so it was mainly sent around as an email. Dont' think it can be found on the web. Apparently a student at a party, a very pretty girl, obviously had taken something and in the middle of a massive crowd of college student lads performing with her vodka bottle. It was seriously disturbing and I have a friend from Ballincollig who said she suffered from serious depression afterwards. The internet is the devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

krudler wrote: »

maybe its me it probably is but 106 thanks for this.

wtf????????

• Advertisement

Why are people blaming the girl who pushed them together? It's not as if she started anything - they didn't go "hey, we've been pushed together, we'd better batter the ****e out of one another now".
    And she didn't exactly say "don't fight, hes just a boy" either. did you actually see the video? That fight wasn't just organised between the two girls, theres a lot more to it. And the one that pushed the first girl into the fight, I'm all over her like white on rice. She laughed her way back to her friends that all filmed it.

I know you have family yourself, imagine how out of control you'd feel if there are children at your childrens school influencing yours in such a way that they get involved in organised physical fights outside of school.

Yes, it's fair to say you have to allow them a certain amount of freedom, but if that is where its going, you have to reel it in a little. These are very impressionable kids, and their education is the set up for the rest of their lives. If their social issues overshadow their education, then we've got a fúcking problem.

They were bulling for a scrap and, as always happens with playground tussles, just waiting for an excuse to get started.

Again, what if was some bitch firing another kid into the ring going after your kid?

It's uncivilised, no matter what way anyone dices it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement