Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Barn Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    A few Apex and one or two of the Rats will be down tomorrow...bit of a last minute decision :p

Yeah decided them sandbags and wooded area where too tempemting to miss this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

ye there will be at least four RATS there tommorow.
    lookin forward to this even though i am shattered from a good day of gaming in fingal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Good luck to ye, them pictures look very tempting loving the sand bags and natural cover look foward to visiting your site! any idea of the sive of the site?
    Thanks v. much.
    The site is six acres of playable area. lots of places to hide and attack from.

SenDog wrote: »
    Hey Dobby,went up 2 look for the site near swords and couldnt see a road 4 ballyboughal or 2 blakes cross anywhere and asked in a filling station 4 directions 2 ballyboughal but they didnt have a clue where it was i know this isnt ur fault but u should have a moblie number so u could direct people if they are lost had 2 end up comin home :eek: very pi~$ed off no offence, i even found the site on google maps and had a fair idea where it was

sry bout this
    SenDog
    Sorry to hear that. I've PM'd you.
    Thanks

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Just back from a day at Red Barn.

Arrived at 9.50am this morning. Greeted by Dobby manning the gate.

Games started about 10.30ish with a nice assault game to get the blood running.

The wood land area is fantastic. Perfect excuse for me to buy a ghillie suit now (Cheers for the use of it Dobby).

Im knackered now! Got to charge the batteries for another game tomorrow.

Thanks to Dobby and Neil for being great hosts and I will certainly be back.
    Thanks Conor glad you enjoyed the games today. Appreciated you all coming out to try out the place.Look forward to seeing you out next time. Well played to all you guys..... Gucci lovers... lol:D

• Advertisement

Hey the site sounds deadly! any pics or videos?
    Sorry Michael haven't had time to sort out finishing the website. Some Pics are up in this thread, will have to bring the camera out with me later today and take some fresh shots. will get them up in the evening late.

Bernie Mac wrote: »
    A few Apex and one or two of the Rats will be down tomorrow...bit of a last minute decision :p
    look forward to seeing you guys.

Rat squad wrote: »
    ye there will be at least four RATS there tommorow.
    lookin forward to this even though i am shattered from a good day of gaming in fingal today.
    Good glad to hear it and you always get a good days gaming out in Brens, We'll be ready and waitin for ya.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

A big thanks to Dobby and all the lads who ran Red Barn airsoft today. Had a fantastic time! Great site, great games and great players! :D It was very well run and the size of the games area is just super! Myself and some more Apex members will definitally be back to see you's again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

i was just onto alan from our team and in his words your site is the best site he and the lads have been to in ireland the realisom was all over the place was the best im sure he will be on later im just so envy i could not make it heres to seeing your site...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

ragin i missed it, will defo be down soon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was out Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed myself, even with the small numbers it was great fun. The site is just amazing, everything has a purpose and you have to watch those flanks.

I'm still not 100% hot on the respawn rules for that capture the flag one, but I guess its something to adapt too. The terrain is fantastic and I will definitely be up again.

Well done lads you have a lovely site, cant wait to get my m16VN up and get my FULL VN loadout going on to trapse through the forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

A big thanks to Damian & the lads for another enjoyable day of airsofting.
    A pleasure to play with Apex/RATS, tight and keen bunch of lads.
    Met a few old buds today.
    Looking forward to many more great games on a great site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brino 9mm.

very good today had fun grenades cool as always to all the lads cool games hope for more dobby cool host as always see you next week :D:D:D:cool: always were face protection head shoots are cool but grenades are cooler:cool:

has anybody got any video clips ???

Thank you to all that came and played on the site this weekend.Hope you all enjoyed it. We certainly had a blast with all of ye. Looking forward to doin it all over again next weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

We had a great time yesterday some great games and the site:D its super your hard work is clearly evident on the site and we look forward getting back there really well done lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

well iam fecked from running around red barn yesterday,a big thanks to the three lads yesterday for a truly realistic airsoft combat experience,very professional and fair marshalling from damo and the boys'( and some eeeeeejit
    takin a short cut through the safe zone fully loaded dident help), sorry damo)
    me compass was stuck on north.

Just wanna say fair play to big al from ATF we had a brief one on one cqb on the prisoner game both of us got peppered and the both of us took the hit that was nice to see and showed a mature and fair side to the game AND A GOOD PLAYER,
    and made the game much more relaxed.and enjoyable.

all the players there yesterday were a joy to play with NO ARGUEING OR SHOUTING ABOUT HITS from any hot heads.
    the site is a absolutly fantastic with a great variation of game modes and very well thought out cover angles , i,m sure the mess hall will be open soon.
    best of luck guys, im sure you wont need it with the money timeand thought spent
    on that place its gonna be very popular,
    THE RATS WILL DEFO BE BACK SOON.
    PADDY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

visited the site yesterday,

it is definitley the best site in swords and the east coast!

this is the first airsoft site i have been on without a Tyre or pallet in sight.

proper sandbags are in place and the buildings are fantastic, it keeps reminding me of saving private ryan/normandy, (hopefully i will get to play a ww2 event at the site) the woodland is dense and makes for great games - the sight is a good combination of woodland and buildings. the guys at red barn have set the standards for airsoft sites in ireland

sign in, crono and games were very well run and the guys were all very friendly.

Have to say i really enjoyed this site. The lz game and prisoner games where the best. The forest part is really dense some really close fighting you really can not tell where people are when your in the bases. Got flanked and shoot in the back out of nowhere with people sneakin through the forest, and also flanked a few people myself. You can clearly see that time has been spent thinking this site out there are so many ways to attack objectives, defenders have know idea where an attackers are going to be coming from. I will look forward to my next visit to this site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Viper Squad 1

HI guys. It's looking like a few Vipers will be headin' your way Sunday:D.
    I'll keep you posted on numbers closer to the day.

Marko:D.

HI guys. It's looking like a few Vipers will be headin' your way Sunday:D.
    I'll keep you posted on numbers closer to the day.

Marko:D.
    Thats great, looking forward to seeing them in action when they are not shootin at me on an opposing team, Strange thing this Marshalling. Who knows might whip off the Hi-Vis for a game or two.
    Thanks for that Marko.

Damian.:)

Hi Lads just a quick note to let you all know that the website is live.
    http://redbarnairsoft.com/

Thanks
    Damian.;)

you seem to have your head screwed on when it comes to what we wont. you have all my boxes ticked so far
    good job

mafiaboy wrote: »
    you seem to have your head screwed on when it comes to what we wont. you have all my boxes ticked so far
    good job

Thanks for that. Well I'm looking at it purely from a players viewpoint. You can never please all the people all the time but we can only do our best. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Hi Lads just a quick note to let you all know that the website is live.
    http://redbarnairsoft.com/

Thanks
    Damian.;)

the website is brilliant lads,pictures are also great.:cool:
    hope to be there the weekend:D

yo, i didn't get one of them membership cards last weekend, what up with that i am not going to have to pay the membership thing again am i?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Website is top notch guys,will probly down on sun.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

hey guys, it says on ur site that gates close at 1030, so what time would you let games run till??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭tango9

Hiya Guys,

What days and times do you open.
    I know there is a ten euro joining fee, can anyone join and if so whats the charges for full day and half day after that. It looks fantastic cant wait to try out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement