Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Barn Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

Dave! wrote: »
    Well done lads, looks great

How many airsoft places are there in Ireland now...? I've been kinda outa the loop :p
    dont worry...the loop is fukked.
    get back out quick
    before its too late and ye lose yer job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Just a couple of photos to wet your appetite.
    more pics pls lads
    looks brill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Hi Dobby,
    Best of luck from all at G-TAC. Hope it goes well for ye.
    Martin and Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

G-TAC wrote: »
    Hi Dobby,
    Best of luck from all at G-TAC. Hope it goes well for ye.
    Martin and Evelyn.
    Thanks
    Martin and Evelyn.
    Hope we can put on a skirmish as good as yourselves.
    :p

SenDog wrote: »
    This place looks absolutely amazing Ill probly be down on sunday+1 for more pics:D Is it a full face mask venue?
    Glad to hear it.
    We would like to see everyone wearing full face protection and we highly recommend it , but its not mandatory .
    Protective eyewear of course is required
    :eek: = X :cool: = yes

• Advertisement

Stone.cold wrote: »
    My Stonecold senses are tingling :D Woods, Stone Buildings & Sand bags: hmmmm i think Shadow Company will have to be deployed to your location to investigate this further
    Your welcome anytime:p

A.I.M wrote: »
    been hearing a lot of good things about this site will have to get the weekend for a game , fairplay lads best of luck

We'll look forward to seeing you so. It's all go go go:)

mle1324 wrote: »
    will you have bbs for sale tomorrow:cool::)
    We will, but sure when you sign up you get a bottle of BB's. unless you have a happy trigger finger and you want to wipe out your opponents:D

Rat squad wrote: »
    best of luck with the new venture lads, the rats will be there on easter mon.
    if there not too full of choc to play,
    more sites = more competition=more play=more divorces=more play....ect ect ect.
    ye have just upped the ante.
    lookin forward to it.
    Glad to hear it. Looks like Monday is shapin up to be good one.:cool:

As requested some more photos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Best of luck with it lads. The pics are very interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Good luck to ye, them pictures look very tempting loving the sand bags and natural cover look foward to visiting your site! any idea of the sive of the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The site looks good. One question, being in swords, is athere a bus that goes nearby? Preferably Dublin Bus. Even if its a 20-30 in walk from bus stop to site:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

just got back from red barn and the place is even more better then then what the pictures look like .the marshals are dead sound and helpful aswell.
    CQB,JUNGEL STYLE and MORE
    well worth a visit.

thanks Damian and Ronan and the other fellas name who i forget:):):cool:

mle1324

_______________________________________________________________________________________

OFF THE RECORD ON THE QT AND A VERY HUSH HUSH
    (LA Confidential 1997)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Absolutely top notch site lads, loved todays gaming!

Would thoroughly recommend this site to anyone whose looking for some seriously tense games and fast paced adrenaline fueled ones too! cant believe i lasted all that sprinting all day

Na Taibhse will definitely be paying this place a visit again (and again and again :P), even if I have to drag them there (which I most def wont)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

yeah loved to days game, will deffo be back

OK the site was very well put together and u can tell from just looking around the it that a lot of thought was put into the organization and set up of the site. Everywhere is very well balanced so there's no "oh crap i have to start at that base" . Every base is well placed and the same for the respawns.

The games we played today you don't see in a lot of places purely for the fact that in most places the terrain can't accommodate them. Again there is no start point where your going to be at a disadvantage.

The site is comprised of mainly thick woodland but the nice part about it is that it's on a nice level ground with some well placed trenches. So there's some good BB swapping. There's also a nice courtyard for a bit CQB and the lads have a very good game in there to defend a flag. And on a plus note there's not a Tyre or pallet to be seen, which is a huge plus side in my own opinion.

All in all i was very impressed with the site and i will deffo be going back and i would recommend going to for a day and make your own assessment.

Well that's my 2 cents
    Mouse out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

The site looks good. One question, being in swords, is there a bus that goes nearby? Preferably Dublin Bus. Even if its a 20-30min walk from bus stop to site:)

you could prob get a bus headin towards ballbriggan and just get off at blakes cross petrol station but it would be a fair walk lookin at about 40 to 60 Min's

forgot to say that they give you a map of the site if you want one.

also starwidow is 100% right about everything he said.:)
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

OFF THE RECORD ON THE QT AND A VERY HUSH HUSH
    (LA Confidential 1997)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BBones

Well done with the site lads.Your time and effort were well worth it, some serious jungle and plenty of it..Todays games were great. The bar has been raised folks!On a more depressing note I dumped my pistol mag (in the safe zone i think) a sig226,let me know if you find it I,ll have to glue that sucker in..

:DThanks lads for the good words of encouragement. as a player it was a joy to Marshal and watch yesterdays games. I was very impressed with the skill and tactics used by all. But most of all the Honour that every game was played with.
    The Ghosts certainly now their angles. Well played lads.
    Lookinig forward to having you back.
    Thanks again.

Will keep an eye out for the mag for ya.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

is the website ready yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Hey Dobby,went up 2 look for the site near swords and couldnt see a road 4 ballyboughal or 2 blakes cross anywhere and asked in a filling station 4 directions 2 ballyboughal but they didnt have a clue where it was i know this isnt ur fault but u should have a moblie number so u could direct people if they are lost had 2 end up comin home :eek: very pi~$ed off no offence, i even found the site on google maps and had a fair idea where it was

sry bout this
    SenDog

Hey Dobby,went up 2 look for the site near swords and couldnt see a road 4 ballyboughal or 2 blakes cross anywhere and asked in a filling station 4 directions 2 ballyboughal but they didnt have a clue where it was i know this isnt ur fault but u should have a moblie number so u could direct people if they are lost had 2 end up comin home :eek: very pi~$ed off no offence, i even found the site on google maps and had a fair idea where it was

sry bout this
    SenDog

hope this helps.
    if you are comming from the m50 go on to the m1 then take the second exit which is the one after the airport,when you come off the M1 stay in the right lane on the slip road you will come to a roundabout,go around the roundabout over the bridge with the M1 running underneath it and you will come to another roundabout,go straight through that staying on R127,about a 2 min later (depending if you drive fast)you will come to a much smaller roundabout and there will be a small sign saying BALHERY GOLF COURSE OR PAR 3 or something like that,if you see that you are making progress on getting there,continue stright through that small roundabout still on R127 (turvey ave),a min later you will see the road spliting into a y shape so stay on the left hand side comming onto R129,continue straight on R129 and take the first left,you will then go OVER the M1 again and take the first left and you will see two sets of gates (one set in front of the other),go in there turn left and about 20 metres up there will be a laneway with big dark black or brown gates at the end of it and theres RED BARN AIRSOFT
    hope that helps;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

OFF THE RECORD ON THE QT AND VERY HUSH HUSH
    LA Confidential 1997)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Thanks for taking ur time to wright all that ill keep it for next time

Thanks for taking ur time to wright all that ill keep it for next time

no problem at all,when you go there you will enjoy yourself,well worth the visit

all the best
    mle1324:)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

OFF THE RECORD ON THE QT AND VERY HUSH HUSH
    (LA Confidential 1997)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Just back from a day at Red Barn.

Arrived at 9.50am this morning. Greeted by Dobby manning the gate.

Games started about 10.30ish with a nice assault game to get the blood running.

The wood land area is fantastic. Perfect excuse for me to buy a ghillie suit now (Cheers for the use of it Dobby).

Im knackered now! Got to charge the batteries for another game tomorrow.

Thanks to Dobby and Neil for being great hosts and I will certainly be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MacAttack 1

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    Just back from a day at Red Barn.

Arrived at 9.50am this morning. Greeted by Dobby manning the gate.

Games started about 10.30ish with a nice assault game to get the blood running.

The wood land area is fantastic. Perfect excuse for me to buy a ghillie suit now (Cheers for the use of it Dobby).

Im knackered now! Got to charge the batteries for another game tomorrow.

Thanks to Dobby and Neil for being great hosts and I will certainly be back.
    do youknow if the site is opened tomorrow easter monday

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Yup the site is open tomorrow.
    Im not out there myself but the lads said they had a good few coming out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

Hey the site sounds deadly! any pics or videos?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

A few Apex and one or two of the Rats will be down tomorrow...bit of a last minute decision :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement