Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Morning all..

hows everyone today?

Mighty. It's nearly the weekend again and I have potato slices for brekkie. It's the little things....
    Yourself?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

PaulieC wrote: »
    Wrecked today - and my back is fairly stiff! Went to see Dylan Moran in the Cork Opera House with some mates last night though and found a new place that do really nice kebabs so happy about all that!!

Yourself TP?

Nice, cant beat a good kebab.. Has to be a doner though!!

Ahh i'm a tad tired but looking forward to the weekend. A work mates 30th on and all the lads from the team will be there so should be a bit of fun.
    Mighty. It's nearly the weekend again and I have potato slices for brekkie. It's the little things....
    Yourself?

Potato slices for brekkie? emm ok.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nice, cant beat a good kebab.. Has to be a doner though!!

Ahh i'm a tad tired but looking forward to the weekend. A work mates 30th on and all the lads from the team will be there so should be a bit of fun.

Normally I'd go for Doner but was with my friend and said the chicken Pakku (something along those lines) was really nice - it feckin was too :)

Don't knock it till you try it!! Can't beat a nice full belly early in the morning :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Don't knock it till you try it!! Can't beat a nice full belly early in the morning :)

Oh I totally agree there, but mine is usually filled with food along the lines of a toasted bagel with cream cheese and bacon, or a munchie brunchie or a full irish or... ohh i better stop, I'm making myself hungry thinking about all that and I've just had lunch.

Ohh and I got a nice big double chocolate chip muffin with fresh cream on top sitting in front of me here.. nyom nyom :P

Ohh and I got a nice big double chocolate chip muffin with fresh cream on top sitting in front of me here.. nyom nyom :P

Fancy pants!
    All I have is soup and bread. Poor me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Damn you TP :mad: i've got no lunch :( well except for a bag of sweets my boss gave me yesterday

Fancy pants!
    All I have is soup and bread. Poor me....

Well after having spuds for brekkie, surely ya dont need anything more than that!! :pac:

I need to stop eating sweets and fast food

The new job has free lunch on Wednesdays which is all nice and healthy but the free snacks are catching up on me

Plus I live 5mins down the road from KC's the nicest chipper in Cork and I've taken advantage of that since I moved in two months ago :(

Must get a good gym routine and stick to it - any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Ohmygod Paulie KCs is amazing :) drool! If you live in Douglas the walk by the sea out to Passage is nice for a run!

Afternoon all :)

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    Ohmygod Paulie KCs is amazing :) drool! If you live in Douglas the walk by the sea out to Passage is nice for a run!

Afternoon all :)
    Yeah it's really, really good!! Philly Steak with chips and garlic butter has been my selection the last few times - Cardiac arrest in a pita like!! :)

I live about 5mins by car from Douglas

I'll be okay for walks and stuff in this weather - I've the gym at work so been using the bike,treadmill and punching bag there for cardio

Might try enter a 5k run or something though if there's events coming up.

It's a 6/8 week weights program I need though

..The new job has free lunch on Wednesdays..

We get that 5 days a week so needless to say there are large helpings being had and a sandwich for later on in the day if feeling peckish.. not good, not not good.

Cant play sports at the moment as I damaged my shoulder 4 years ago, it went again last summer and its still not right. So no swimming, weights, running, anything really :(

Walking is about the most I can do without fear of damaging it again

So needless to say, I've gained a fair few pounds over the last few years. Not good.. :(

We get that 5 days a week so needless to say there are large helpings being had and a sandwich for later on in the day if feeling peckish.. not good, not not good.

Cant play sports at the moment as I damaged my shoulder 4 years ago, it went again last summer and its still not right. So no swimming, weights, running, anything really :(

Walking is about the most I can do without fear of damaging it again

So needless to say, I've gained a fair few pounds over the last few years. Not good.. :(
    Shít man sorry to hear that

What about cycling?

Alot of people have gotten into it around the country lately and it's a tough exercise - the weight would fall off you!

My dad used to do alot and he found the weight fell off him in a short period of time

Shít man sorry to hear that

What about cycling?

Alot of people have gotten into it around the country lately and it's a tough exercise - the weight would fall off you!

My dad used to do alot and he found the weight fell off him in a short period of time

Can put pressure on the shoulder, even swinging my arm when running or playing golf causes problems. Was mid swing during a game of golf last summer and it sent again :(

So its walking either on the street or a treadmill which is as boring as you can get unless there is something decent on TV is the only way to go..

Can put pressure on the shoulder, even swinging my arm when running or playing golf causes problems. Was mid swing during a game of golf last summer and it sent again :(

So its walking either on the street or a treadmill which is as boring as you can get unless there is something decent on TV is the only way to go..
    Balls man - Put music in my ears and I could walk for miles I'd say...taxi home then when I get sick of it!!

Damn you TP :mad: i've got no lunch :( well except for a bag of sweets my boss gave me yesterday

Didnt see this post until now...

ever heard of a thing called a shop SUN??? :pac:

Balls man - Put music in my ears and I could walk for miles I'd say...taxi home then when I get sick of it!!

Not a bad idea, could get the Dart to Howth, some decent tunes on the iPod, face south and start walking.. when I get tired, grab a cab home!! Nice one!! :D

Didnt see this post until now...

ever heard of a thing called a shop SUN??? :pac:

the shop nearest to us closed down, and so to walk to the next one down and back would take up my full half hour break, plus i'd have to eat while walking back, and it's uphill...and it was raining. meh. was just sayin

the shop nearest to us closed down, and so to walk to the next one down and back would take up my full half hour break, plus i'd have to eat while walking back, and it's uphill...and it was raining. meh. was just sayin

ohhh not nice.. u only get half an hour for lunch???

• Advertisement

ohhh not nice.. u only get half an hour for lunch???

well I could probably take longer, but then i'd stay on later. I have to work 6 hours, and have to try tie it in with the hours my developer does, so kinda have to stick to the half hour.

well I could probably take longer, but then i'd stay on later. I have to work 6 hours, and have to try tie it in with the hours my developer does, so kinda have to stick to the half hour.

kinda sucks... its nice to get away from the desk for half an hour and out for a stroll if the weather allows.

kinda sucks... its nice to get away from the desk for half an hour and out for a stroll if the weather allows.

yeah it's nice, especially in the area we're in, it's quite rural, always squirrels and birds around.

yeah it's nice, especially in the area we're in, it's quite rural, always squirrels and birds around.

Thought u worked in Dublin?

Thought u worked in Dublin?

I do :) outside the city.

Almost going home time!

Gona head to Tesco and pick up stuff for homemade carbonara

Going to try cook nicer, more homemade food from now on :)

• Advertisement

Almost going home time!

Carbonara.......drool.

Carbonara.......drool.
    I'm making it though so it'll most likely taste shíte...I'll try my best though :)

Bitta Garlic bread with it perhaps mmmmm

Almost going home time!

Nice!! :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    i cant tell yet but hopefully i will have some good news from it soon :)

heard back already this afternoon :eek::o:D

I do :) outside the city.

rural dublin? is there such a place???? :confused:

• Advertisement

and?? dont keep us in suspense!! :p

well it's pretty rural, yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Of course there is rural Dublin. The outskirts of the county in most directions have rural areas, particularly in border areas with surrounding counties. There are farms in some parts of Dublin. Look at the woodland around places like Belfield as well.

Not so sure I'd call where stupi works as rural though. Maybe leafy, suburbia :pac:

Not so sure I'd call where stupi works as rural though. Maybe leafy, suburbia :pac:

Yeah thats what I was thinking!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

But there are plenty of rural places in Dublin too.

But there are plenty of rural places in Dublin too.

Ahh yeah I know that, was just taking the mick.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Come on, tell us!!!:D

Had a nice day off, looked very French for most of the day as I was wearing a beret:cool:

if it's rural enough for squirrels to sit out around then i'm calling it rural!

if it's rural enough for squirrels to sit out around then i'm calling it rural!

Eh there are foxes and squirrels living in the city centre.. a few squirrels living in Stephens green, not gonna get more urban than that eh? eh? eh? :pac:

Urban Foxes linky

Stephens green wildlife

I met a fox crossing the road right outside the RDS back in July at about 3am.
    And before ye jump to conclusions - I was stone cold sober. :cool:

• Advertisement

I met a fox crossing the road right outside the RDS back in July at about 3am.
    And before ye jump to conclusions - I was stone cold sober. :cool:

I've met many a fox on nights out in Dublin ;) :pac:

I know there's squirrels and foxes in urban areas too, it's just that you associate them with rural areas moreso.

I work in Ballsbridge and I've seen more squirrels there that at home in Clare! Thursday drinks are fun :)

I work in Ballsbridge and I've seen more squirrels there that at home in Clare! Thursday drinks are fun :)

Drinks with non-messaging boy by any chance?
    btw - I was co-erced into becoming section leader for my ventures tonight. Eeekk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I fail to understand how people are bad at videogames.

It doesn't make me angry or annoyed, just insanely curious.

And annoyed :cool:

@ Sauvignon, nope another one! I'm meeting him Sunday :)

I'm easily coerced too abduction ventures are class and technically need least minding :P

@ Sonic - I'm useless at them, I just debt see the point :o

Jeez missus, you dont half do the rounds!! :pac:

Nothing like keeping yer options and other things open I suppose ;):p:D

Jeez missus, you dont half do the rounds!! :pac:

Nothing like keeping yer options and other things open I suppose ;):p:D
    :eek: My other things are well and truly closed! :P

My other things are well and truly closed!

only winding ya up missus :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

@ Sonic - I'm useless at them, I just debt see the point :o

I'll put it this way, we stream our games live and have a viewer base of about 2000 people each time, and a few of us (including myself) get to make some cash from it.
    But people played so badly the last few days we've lost a tonne of viewers :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement