Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yup, great show from top to bottom. Seemed a lot of OTT fans travelled down too which was nice to see. Venue was cool as well definitely going back for the August show.
    Did not see that heel turn at the end coming. The main event in general was fantastic, Bruiser especially looked fantastic and he destroyed with those chops :O
    It's gonna be on demand as well for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Am I right in saying that the names for Defiant 2 are very much the same as the first?

hope you aren't criticizing OTT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

showpony1 wrote: »
    hope you aren't criticizing OTT?
    And if I was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

And if I was?

You should show some respect, Who would you expect to see appearing that isn't signed to WWE/not available?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SquidLad

showpony1 wrote: »
    You should show some respect, Who would you expect to see appearing that isn't signed to WWE/not available?

Ohhh... kay. Let's take a breather here and perhaps not turn this thread into the Progress fan group where the very idea of criticism is frowned upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Am I right in saying that the names for Defiant 2 are very much the same as the first?

Out of the the eight names on the poster only four were on the first show. Viper, Kay Lee Ray, Lana Austin & Emi Sakura were not on the first show. I don't remember Viper or Sakura ever working any OTT show before. I think it's a great line up of talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

https://www.facebook.com/OTTwrestlingLive/videos/1846376815427837/

A) Amazing production values
    B) I'm not spoiling this, because it's awesome
    C) So annoyed I'm working the night this show is on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Excellent video. :)

Yeah it's absolutely next level stuff. The last time I remember a video package that told a story this well and this concisely was Daniel Bryan's at WM30. All the story beats are perfect: Jordan doesn't take Walter seriously enough and gets beaten, Maxer gives it his all but still gets thashed, Jordan has the realization that he needs to up his game to overcome this insurmountable foe.

Phoenix Wrestling's next show, Oops...We Did it Again! is on August 24th, tickets are going on sale for it tomorrow. No card announced yet but it's back in the Kino.

• Advertisement

ThePott wrote: »
    Phoenix Wrestling's next show, Oops...We Did it Again! is on August 24th, tickets are going on sale for it tomorrow. No card announced yet but it's back in the Kino.
    Expecting people to buy tickets when nobody is announced is mad, like buying a ticket for a screen in a cinema without knowing what’s on.

Expecting people to buy tickets when nobody is announced is mad, like buying a ticket for a screen in a cinema without knowing what’s on.

Plenty of promotions do it. Progress for example...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Plenty of cinemas do it

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

It's probably going to be filled with the usual Irish indie wrestling talent. If you buy a ticket expecting the Undertaker to show up, you will probably be disappointed.

Well I think what they did last time was announce talent that would be on the show when the tickets go on sale. So maybe when the tickets go on sale and the event page is up they will announce some names.

So you'll have an idea of what you're getting without knowing the match ups. I'm sure people will have a fair idea of what to expect anyway. Besides the people who buy the tickets immediately are the ones that will go regardless of who's on the card. You can hold off and wait to see who's announce and risk missing out or buy early to avoid potential disappointment, their last show sold out.

Hadn't really thought of it as an issue to be honest.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying it's not "madness" because loads of companies do it and they clearly have a lot of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

That's what most wrestling companies do though. WWE announce they're coming back to Dublin in November and tickets go on-sale tomorrow, you've no idea who's on the show (and neither do they) but if you want you can get tickets now or wait until more is announced. It's fairly standard practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

An Irish promotion starting out, having its second show is hardly comparable to WWE. Or Progress.

The point is that *even* WWE do this (and they’ve a full-time, contracted roster so in theory they’re one of the only promotions who could). It’s literally how wrestling works. I’d be surprised if anyone has bought a ticket for an event when they’ve just been released and known the card, ever.

Didn't realise this would start such a big debate. If Electric Picnic can sell tickets before a line-up I don't see why a wrestling show can't.

It might only be their second show but after the first one selling out, they might want to judge how many people will buy sight unseen. Be a good way to judge reaction to the brand. If nothing else it will probably comfortably sell out so they can announce a few more closer to the time to ratchet up the hype and definitely sell it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

In all my years supporting the Irish wrestling scene Im not sure Ive ever known whats on a card prior to buying a ticket. And it has never made a difference either.

Just to clear things up lads.

Nothing against Phoenix, their first show looked fantastic and I’ll hopefully attend one soon.

My only problem was that they’ve no reputation to go off for an unknown card as of yet. If this were OTT it would be fine as they always deliver above and beyond, just that Phoenix have nothing to go off yet and fans therefore don’t know what new faces, if any, to expect especially when the first show was all-Irish (not a bad thing).

Last week, we launched Low Blows VOD, a one-stop Network for multiple Irish wrestling promotions.

You can subscribe for €8 a month or purchase individual shows for €5. In doing so, you'll be directly supporting Irish promotions.

So far we have Fight Factory, Phoenix Wrestling and PWU signed up, in addition we have Hope Spot Studio producing original wrestling content as well as wrestlers producing Network-exclusive content.

Online now is Fight Factory Episodes 1-5, The 'Trinity Brawl' July 6th show and White Collar Wrestling from The Hangar last December. We will have Phoenix Wrestling's debut show online too shortly.

Tonight we'll be releasing Fight Factory Episode 5: 'Irish Underground Style' and live tweeting it on the Low Blows Twitter account (@HashtagLowBlows) along with several of the wrestlers involved. Anyone is welcome to join in and tweet along if you're interested.

https://lowblowsvod.pivotshare.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

leggo wrote: »
    Last week, we launched Low Blows VOD, a one-stop Network for multiple Irish wrestling promotions.

You can subscribe for €8 a month or purchase individual shows for €5. In doing so, you'll be directly supporting Irish promotions.

So far we have Fight Factory, Phoenix Wrestling and PWU signed up, in addition we have Hope Spot Studio producing original wrestling content as well as wrestlers producing Network-exclusive content.

Online now is Fight Factory Episodes 1-5, The 'Trinity Brawl' July 6th show and White Collar Wrestling from The Hangar last December. We will have Phoenix Wrestling's debut show online too shortly.

Tonight we'll be releasing Fight Factory Episode 5: 'Irish Underground Style' and live tweeting it on the Low Blows Twitter account (@HashtagLowBlows) along with several of the wrestlers involved. Anyone is welcome to join in and tweet along if you're interested.

https://lowblowsvod.pivotshare.com/
    Just signed up last night watched trinity brawl and a bit of the fifth show, quality was a lot better than I thought it would be.
    Looking forward it will be great value for Irish wrestling fans with the three promotions and hopefully maybe two shows a month.

Thanks for signing up and glad you’re enjoying it! In time (and with the rate of shows being put on over here), we hope to have a new show up close to weekly and then we’ll have other content up regularly as we go. We’re putting a lot of time into this and have seriously talented, creative people who are delighted to have an outlet like this so we can’t wait until it’s in full swing!

Phoenix announced their Limerick show officially

38650364_493136057829022_2700423621792235520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=20104a219bfdf14a3edf2c14637bdd1e&oe=5C02E2DE

Pretty cheeky title :D , This boards.ie redesign is dreadful on a separate note.

Ticket bought, yurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

any football fans OTT has a fans and wrestlers etc dream team league, don marnell has released the code on twitter

Phoenix Wrestling's first show 'F*** Sake Not Another Wrestling Company' is now online at Low Blows VOD. You can purchase it for just €5 at the link below or subscribe from €8 and get that, Fight Factory Episodes 1-5, Trinity Brawl, White Collar Wrestling and next week we're hoping to add some PWU shows to the mix!

DkJzac1X0AErRqY.jpg:large

https://lowblowsvod.pivotshare.com/media/phoenix-wrestling-presents-f***-sake-not-another-wrestling-company/77782/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have a gang going tonight. Looking at the big Sean, it looks to have no parking. I know the area well enough but haven’t a monkeys where is best to leave the car. Any suggestions?

Advertisement