Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community [US] **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitely an improvement on the previous episodes. Annie and Abed are starting to come back to life a bit too. And I love the School Board guys, they're brilliant characters. But what I said last week still applies:
    Bad Horse wrote: »
    It feels bizarre to say again, but Chang was again the funniest part of the episode. And Jeff, Annie and Britta still feel like they're just phoning it in.

Chang was brilliant. He's been the star of the season so far for me. Playing things a lot more subtle while still being crazy beneath the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I was really worried when I saw that they were going to be handling the Dean's sexuality but they got it just right. If sexuality is a magic show and gay is the white rabbit in then the hat then I'm the handkerchief that never ends. And Jeff and the Dean's mouthed conversation about Frankie.

Oh, and Frankie giving out about not being able to reach the IT lady, haha brilliant!!

Anyone know was that actually Dolly Parton?

The one thing that's annoyed me about the last two seasons is the colour scheme. First 4 seasons were so bright, this new dull greyness doesn't do it for at all. Has anyone from the show ever mentioned or offered an explanation for the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

FunLover18 wrote: »

The one thing that's annoyed me about the last two seasons is the colour scheme. First 4 seasons were so bright, this new dull greyness doesn't do it for at all. Has anyone from the show ever mentioned or offered an explanation for the change?

I've seen a few people on tumblr mention this too. I don't like it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Rewatched it again there, even funnier second time
    Rather embarrassing that I only copped that Drama director was mimicking "Whiplash" second time round

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

wprathead wrote: »
    Rewatched it again there, even funnier second time
    Rather embarrassing that I only copped that Drama director was mimicking "Whiplash" second time round

Isn't he also the perfume guy from Parks and Rec?

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote:
    Isn't he also the perfume guy from Parks and Rec?

Yeh and he's Raffi in The League.

alroley wrote:
    I've seen a few people on tumblr mention this too. I don't like it either.

I just don't understand it. It worked for the Ass Crack Bandit episode because it was classic Fincher but overall it just doesn't fit tonally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Chang...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Willy? Willy? WILLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

That episode got a good few laughs from me. Once again, it really had a feeling of the earlier seasons, especially with the increased focus on Jeff. You know things are bad when Garrett is taking a hand at you :P

Jim Rash has just been killing it so far this season!

The guy trying to push Jeff down the stairs was awfully funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Its amazing how such a simple set up can get so many laughs...

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

It's been a good start to the season, and the latest episode kept it going. Danny Pudi does a very good Jerry Seinfeld impression.

I like the recurring gag of NBC sitcoms, but personally I'd never watch Female Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭threebagsfull

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Danny Pudi does a very good Jerry Seinfeld impression.
    Is that what he was doing? I had no idea what was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, Abed's Seinfeld was on the mark.

Thought this episode was the best of the season so far - Willy trying to push Jeff down the stairs was far too funnier than it should have been, mostly due to Jeff's reaction to the whole thing. Classic Winger!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Good episode all right.
    'You're on sabbatical sir!'
    'You've destroyed his device and his heart sir.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Really enjoyed that episode! :D

A good season so far, but I am very disappointed with the funding towards the wardrobe department; Annie is being neglected. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Chang: "They'll rape us..They'll rape us all"
    Made me laugh more than it should really

And yes, Willy trying push Jeff down stairs was brilliant. Was something that would probably have gotten trimed down if still on NBC, so was nice to have the scene drawn out- added to the comedy fact it went on for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Stuggled to get into the new season but that was the best of the new season so far. Also nice that the episodes are a bit longer now

"Hey, look everybody, I'm moonwalking!"

What day are new episodes aired?

• Advertisement

What day are new episodes aired?

They go up on Yahoo on Tuesday and they air on Sony TV on Wednesday

Not related to the new season but I work in a call centre with a guy called Alex and I crack a smile every time I hear him say "Hello, my name is Alex".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Just watched basic email security. Once again, the best ep of this season so far.

This time, not just one character worked but the group appeared to gel for the first time since the revamp. Also some funny one liners

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ads20101 wrote: »
    Just watched basic email security. Once again, the best ep of this season so far.

This time, not just one character worked but the group appeared to gel for the first time since the revamp. Also some funny one liners

I think Chang was at his best in this episode since Season 1. Possibly because of the reference that he's been underutilised since Season 1...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah the standards have improved the last few episodes, my personal giggle-to-meh ratio has gone up & have been generally enjoying the episodes. Still feels overlong and like a show just milling about at times mind you, but not as overtly as the first couple of episodes.

I liked how the show finally acknowledged the Dean's sexuality by basically completely skirting around it, while at the same time skewering most people's presumptions about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Basic email security was good. I got a good laugh from Garrett losing his s***with Leonard.

Was it me or did anyone get a True Detective vibe from the end scene with Officer Cackowski and his Rust Cohle sidekick?

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Basic email security was good. I got a good laugh from Garrett losing his s***with Leonard.

Was it me or did anyone get a True Detective vibe from the end scene with Officer Cackowski and his Rust Cohle sidekick?

Yeah 100%.

I didn't find it funny although though. Not really sure what they were going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Oh god yeah, the ending was totally an homage to True Detective.

Good episode, not as good as the last two, but still pretty entertaining. I liked seeing Britta back to her political self. Also Fat Neil! I thought he wouldn't be in this season seeing as he is starring in CSI Cyber now, so that was a nice surprise. Lots of meta references in this one, like them betting on Frankie's sexuality, Jeff as a functional alcoholic and Chang being underutilised since season 1.

That was brilliant. Chang was brilliant and I'm really enjoying Abed's background stuff. Did anyone else read the lunch lady's emails?

Magnitude. Pop pop!
    Dean. Buzz Hickey Memorial
    Service
    Leonard. Stop commenting on
    my food reviews
    Vicki. Your daughter misses
    you
    Dean. New Mindy Project!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Just wondering if anyone knows if john oliver is going to make an appearance in this final season.

However he has gone into megastardom in the states with his HBO stuff.

But, I think we all need a bit of prof Duncan.

Advertisement