Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least likeable TV characters.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Lady Mary in Downton Abbey. Between the sour face and the monotone voice, she's the one thing I dislike about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

James Corden in no matter what he's in I instanely switch it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Vince from Entourage was such a dull ball of nothing. Made E look like Vic Mackey in comparison. Actually quite a lot of poorly written and annoying characters in that for the hype it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Pete from the league. Just comes across as a slimy bastard that always gets his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Clareman wrote: »
    Freddie, the guy who clearly doesn't care about health and safety or any kind of cleaning who is also a convicted criminal who dashes his grandsons dreams before they even form?

Nah, everyone on House of Cards

What a despicable tv character. Doesn't care about health and safety. Serious tv character deal breaker obviously.
    Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Cerci from game of thrones I hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

For those of us a bit longer in the tooth,anyone remember how in the latter years of Glenroe (mid 90s-ish onwards) they started introducing a lot of teenage characters,probably because viewer numbers were falling and they wanted to attract a younger audience?The way some of them were introduced into the show was bizarre to say the least.Mynah,the nosey old busybody who was the priests housekeeper was a long running character and there was never any indication that she had a family.Until out of the blue in one episode she had a teenage son,who was introduced in a way that indicated we were supposed to believe he was there living with her all along,just never mentioned.Then at some point later in the series all of a sudden she has a teenage daughter who we first see argueing with her about school or something.Again there was no mention of her prior to this.Son and daughter were at the center of some of the silly storylines that followed that tried to appeal to teen viewers(Biddy or someone accidentaly being given magic mushrooms was the one I remember most).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Vince from Entourage was such a dull ball of nothing. Made E look like Vic Mackey in comparison. Actually quite a lot of poorly written and annoying characters in that for the hype it gets.

Ari gold and drama are the only characters that I care about in that show. God i ****ing despise turtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Are there any examples of favourite TV programmes that had had one or more characters who made you groan whenever they appeared?For me a few would be.

Hodges the air raid warden in Dads Army.I know he was supposed to be a foil to Mainwaring but I never could stand him and his aggressive interfering.

The next door neighbours in Keeping Up Appearances especially Emmet,an utter pain and the guy who played him was a terrible actor.

Mrs Doyle.(Father Ted)Just never found her funny.

The actor who played Emmet was also in Hi-de-Hi, and just as bad.

I can stand the church warden character in Dad's Army, Hodges. A real crawler and troublemaker (as Corporal Jones would say).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Katie Kiely's Hennessy boyfriend in Red Rock. He is such a wuss I can't even
    remember his name!

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Ari gold and drama are the only characters that I care about in that show. God i ****ing despise turtle.

I could never warm to that show as I hate every character in it including those two.I hate the way everyone prounced Dramas name Dwama,it drove me nuts hearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Yeah,what the hell did she see in that gob****e?

Also that appaling woman who joined in series two and was telling the anecdote about skipping the queue at Disneyland Paris by pretending her kid was sick.She had the most horrible grating voice as well.

She was actually well played. I've seen her in a few BBC shows and she actually a pretty decent actress. Who really got on my nerve was the Welsh bint they brought in with the Swindon Lot who got offended by the black mans "cough" joke. She actually managed to help make David more sympathetic.

She was actually well played. I've seen her in a few BBC shows and she actually a pretty decent actress. Who really got on my nerve was the Welsh bint they brought in with the Swindon Lot who got offended by the black mans "cough" joke. She actually managed to help make David more sympathetic.

Yeah,she reported him twice if I remember correctly.And then later she was complaining that they diden't have enough work to do or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Probably been said already but Gemma Teller from SOA x1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Debbie in shameless USA annoys me

Wasn't too keen on Ben and Sophie the young "trendy" couple working in the hotel in I'm Alan Partridge.She in particular always came across as really stuck up and smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Laurel in arrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

when you realise who he is based on he is hilarious.

The thing is, the old (good) Simpsons always had references, but you didn't have to know what they were for it still to be funny. They started using Gil for every 'down on your luck' scenario where they used to use Hans Moleman. Gil is a good marker for when the show started going down the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah, I never liked Gil. I would also have to say Homer - once the series went downhill - became insufferably annoying.

Another I'm compelled to mention is Steve Smith from American Dad; he bugs the hell out of me. Also Jeff from the same show.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LisaLee wrote: »
    Lori Grimes and Andrea from the Walking Dead

And Carl too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Meredith Grey.

Self-centred, moany, over opinionated bitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Daphne's relatives in Frasier.

+1. Embarrassing, can't watch the episodes they're in. Not mad keen on Daphne either, think it's Jane Leeves I don't really like.

Latter day Phoebe on Friends - way to ruin a good character by turning her into an egotistical, shrieking, bitchy wagon.

Carmela Soprano is utterly loathsome. She was written that way. David Chase despises her.

I didn't find her that loathsome at all. Tony has ALL her bad qualities and then some.

Not saying you're saying this, but a frequent mantra has been that she's worse than Tony. Eh no, she really, really isn't.

Can't agree that Chase hated her either, he most certainly depicted her sympathetically on a few occasions.
    darkdubh wrote: »
    Her sister is way more annoying,but Skyler is probably more moraly reprehensible.

But less morally reprehensible than Walter White.

obriendj wrote: »
    In fairness it was this post that mentioned him - i cant take the credit http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94796167&postcount=72

With regards Friends they all became unlikable. just to keep the show running. It's quite amazing that if they ended they show after 4 seasons it could have been considered an all time great. But when a show continues to run you look back at contempt at earlier episodes and find flaws.

Also with e4 showing every episode over and over and over doesnt help.

I've been watching it on Netflix and series' 1-5 and series' 6-10 really are like two different shows. 1-5 is absolute classic, top notch television, as uncool as that is to say.

mccard wrote: »
    You can add Janice Soprano to the top of that list.

Janice was an amazing character to watch! Her and Tony on screen together was TV gold. Aida Turturro, great actress.

For those of us a bit longer in the tooth,anyone remember how in the latter years of Glenroe (mid 90s-ish onwards) they started introducing a lot of teenage characters,probably because viewer numbers were falling and they wanted to attract a younger audience?The way some of them were introduced into the show was bizarre to say the least.Mynah,the nosey old busybody who was the priests housekeeper was a long running character and there was never any indication that she had a family.Until out of the blue in one episode she had a teenage son,who was introduced in a way that indicated we were supposed to believe he was there living with her all along,just never mentioned.Then at some point later in the series all of a sudden she has a teenage daughter who we first see argueing with her about school or something.Again there was no mention of her prior to this.Son and daughter were at the center of some of the silly storylines that followed that tried to appeal to teen viewers(Biddy or someone accidentaly being given magic mushrooms was the one I remember most).

Was Mynah's son called Hoppy? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Those kids were so random! That woman was about 70 as well - how was it even feasible for her to have these children??
    To be fair, Myna wasn't as annoying as Uncle Peter, played by Cyril Cusack. Great actor, terrible character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

I don't watch this by choice.....the girlfriend watches it...

Scott from Geordie shore....

Watch his left arm swinging around with every word as he vents to the camera....I wanna chop his arms off and beat him to death with the soggy bit.
    I hate him and every bastid in it. Horrible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aulddub

may have been said before, Anthony, the son in the Sopranos, was a little **** and i waited in vain for him to be shot in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Those kids were so random! That woman was about 70 as well - how was it even feasible for her to have these children??
    To be fair, Myna wasn't as annoying as Uncle Peter, played by Cyril Cusack. Great actor, terrible character.

And don't forget that "Australian" wagon of a woman with the woefully unconvincing accent that he was going out with,or was that David Kelly?He played a similar type of character to Cusack around the same time.Edit:Sylvie was his character.

Advertisement