Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least likeable TV characters.

Options
  • 22-03-2015 2:34pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Are there any examples of favourite TV programmes that had had one or more characters who made you groan whenever they appeared?For me a few would be.

Hodges the air raid warden in Dads Army.I know he was supposed to be a foil to Mainwaring but I never could stand him and his aggressive interfering.

The next door neighbours in Keeping Up Appearances especially Emmet,an utter pain and the guy who played him was a terrible actor.

Mrs Doyle.(Father Ted)Just never found her funny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Daphne's relatives in Frasier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Homer Simpson in most episodes since season 10. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty much everyone in House of Cards. Bar Freddie, of course.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Skylar White in Breaking Bad. Nobody else comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Garcia in Criminal Minds or Deva in Banshee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Love Game of Thrones but Sansa does my head in especially in the earlier series

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone in House of Cards. Bar Freddie, of course.

Freddie, the guy who clearly doesn't care about health and safety or any kind of cleaning who is also a convicted criminal who dashes his grandsons dreams before they even form?

Nah, everyone on House of Cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Carmela Soprano is utterly loathsome. She was written that way. David Chase despises her.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Lori Grimes and Andrea from the Walking Dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Daphne's relatives in Frasier.

I know a lot of people disliked him but personally I quite enjoyed Simon Moon one of the all time classic episodes (Dark side of the Moon) is one that he features heavily in.

Also Brian Cox as Daphne's father was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Zaph wrote: »

Jack Welker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Carmela Soprano is utterly loathsome. She was written that way. David Chase despises her.

The daughter isn't far behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Rachel in Suits, I fúcking hate her and don't understand how anyone could possibly like or sympathise with her. Although in the last couple of seasons most of the characters in that show have gone to shít.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Entourage and hated every single character. Never watched any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Didn't like Jeri Ryan's character in Leverage much but I really really dislike the ultra confident intern in Bones, Jessica Warren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

Definitely Sansa in Game of thrones. Her whiny voice does my head in.
    OK females not gonna agree but Morgan in Criminal Minds. So cringe with he's babygirl schtick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The girlfriends in Only Fools,especially Rodney's one.They just killed what was once a great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

Mr E wrote: »
    Garcia in Criminal Minds

+1 for me. Despise that character.

The pink feathery stuff on the pen....ffs!!!!! What's the deal with her character and Dereck Morgan??

Also don't like Spencer Reid from the same program. Nobody can be that bloody intelligent.

Zaph wrote: »

Her sister is way more annoying,but Skyler is probably more moraly reprehensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Laurel in Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Father Jack, just not funny.

Phoebe from friends

• Advertisement

Any unnecessary character who's added to a long established show in an attempt to boost ratings.Any child of the late 70s/80s will agree that Scooby Doo went downhill when they introduced his nephew Scrappy.An annoying little git who added nothing positive to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Rick in walking dead, cant stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Margaux LeMarchal is one insufferable bint in Revenge

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Bernard in Black Books.Complete @rsehole of a character and played by Dylan Moran who I can't stand.

Twist in Spaced.

Pete in Mad Men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

tastyt wrote: »
    Father Jack, just not funny.

Feck off. :o:o:o:o:o:o:D:D:):););)

darkdubh wrote: »
    Any unnecessary character who's added to a long established show in an attempt to boost ratings.Any child of the late 70s/80s will agree that Scooby Doo went downhill when they introduced his nephew Scrappy.An annoying little git who added nothing positive to it.

Finally, another animated character. :o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Fish Mooney in Gotham :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rita in Dexter

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Emily from Revenge. Can't stand her.

I'm much more Team Victoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Pete in Mad Men.

I agree … but I also love to hate him if you know what I mean.

I feel the same about Diane in Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

darkdubh wrote: »
    The girlfriends in Only Fools,especially Rodney's one.They just killed what was once a great series.

I quite like Raquel. I thought her character was well written and her interaction with Del formed the basis of some classic episodes. Cassandra is terrible though, and very badly acted by Gwyneth Strong.

However, I couldn't disagree with you more about their contribution to the series. They were introduced when John Sullivan went to the long format episodes and introduced more dramatic elements. That's when the series really took off. The continuity between the longer episodes really enriched the show.

What killed it stone dead was the final run of episodes. They should have stopped when they became millionaires.

Advertisement