Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least likeable TV characters.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Dawn's fella, Lee, from The Office

Yeah,what the hell did she see in that gob****e?

Also that appaling woman who joined in series two and was telling the anecdote about skipping the queue at Disneyland Paris by pretending her kid was sick.She had the most horrible grating voice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Horatio in csi Miami. I know his delivery became a 'thing' but I think that was just an accidental bonus to what was really just a bad actor! Every scene he in bugged me to death. Hated David caruso in nypd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Another vote for Lily in HIMYM. She was meddling in all their lives and being a right bossy boots.

Jeffrey the snobbish neighbour in George And Mildred,mainly because the guy who played him wasn't much of an actor.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Yeah Cassandra was terrible,largely down to the actress.I have to say when it comes to Only Fools I always prefer the Grandad era.I forgot to mention Damien,Del and Racquels son.He added nothing to it and the whole hatred thing that was developed between him and Rodney just wasn't funny.Yes the last few specials were just woeful.I don't know if was the last in the series but the last one I remember watching was the one with the illegal immigrant in the back of the van who kept saying "Gary".That whole episode was an embarrasment.

That ****e with the village in France full of Uncle Albert lookalikes,it jumped the shark so much with that it was in orbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Wesley Crusher - the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.

Half the cast of Voyager are either annoying (Neelix) or bland (Paris, Kes, Chakotay). The Doctor, Seven of Nine and at times Janeway were the only ones worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Anybody on Seinfeld...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

Carrie from Sex and the City. A whiny, self-absorbed brat with no redeeming characteristics whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Zaph wrote: »
    Skylar White in Breaking Bad. Nobody else comes close.

True, I suppose, but Mrs. ****ing Schroder, Margaret Thompson, ranks well up there in Boardwalk Empire. She nearly single-handedly brought that show to its knees in most of her scenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Bernard in Black Books.Complete @rsehole of a character and played by Dylan Moran who I can't stand.

Twist in Spaced.

Pete in Mad Men.

Agree re Bernard - tried watching Black Books in Netflix received and he's definitely the weakest link.
    Gotta disagree re Pete in Mad Men. The whining, the self-pity, the gift for self-sabotage, the occasional moments when he realises what he's doing and then snaps back into being an a$$ hat make him a fantastic character. Great acting too (I hope).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Katie in The Fall
    Skylar in Breaking Bad
    Carol in The Walking Dead seasons 1-4 (What a turnaround!)
    Kevin in The US Office
    Jack in LOST
    Joffrey in GoT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Wesley Crusher - the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek.

Half the cast of Voyager are either annoying (Neelix) or bland (Paris, Kes, Chakotay). The Doctor, Seven of Nine and at times Janeway were the only ones worth watching.

Janeway had some very preachy, cringey lines.

Seven of Nine used to speak?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

iguana wrote: »
    Kennedy in Buffy.

Riley and Tara were the worst of the Buffyverse for me, there's nothing worse on a show then an incipid love interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

I have to add Ross from Friends
    His character became so annoying - Shouting and having a strop is not funny

and yes Joffrey in GoT is unlikeable but he was a great character that made you scream at the screen
    while Robb Starkk and his wife were very poor.

obriendj wrote: »

and yes Joffrey in GoT is unlikeable but he was a great character that made you scream at the screen

Shouty and stroppy. Not Monica at all.

Like a lot of programs, Friends had 4 or 5 good seasons and then ran out of ideas, and started changing the characters.

Ross in the prom videos and flashbacks was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Joey from Friends became unbearable. Went from a bit of an idiot to a complete and utter manchild.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Totally agree about Ross. A lot of his funny stories were also so contrived like the leather pants and the fake tan. He had a mental breakdown after season 4 and became a completely different character. Monica also very annoying.

Can't believe it took 5 pages for someone to mention Joffrey, such a little shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Max from 2 Broke Girls annoys me and she is not funny

smilerf wrote: »

Is that stiflers Mom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

smilerf wrote: »
    No thats Sophie. Max is the brunette

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Shouty and stroppy. Not Monica at all.

Like a lot of programs, Friends had 4 or 5 good seasons and then ran out of ideas, and started changing the characters.

Ross in the prom videos and flashbacks was hilarious.
    Bad Horse wrote: »
    Joey from Friends became unbearable. Went from a bit of an idiot to a complete and utter manchild.
    FunLover18 wrote: »
    Totally agree about Ross. A lot of his funny stories were also so contrived like the leather pants and the fake tan. He had a mental breakdown after season 4 and became a completely different character. Monica also very annoying.

Can't believe it took 5 pages for someone to mention Joffrey, such a little shít.

In fairness it was this post that mentioned him - i cant take the credit http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94796167&postcount=72

With regards Friends they all became unlikable. just to keep the show running. It's quite amazing that if they ended they show after 4 seasons it could have been considered an all time great. But when a show continues to run you look back at contempt at earlier episodes and find flaws.

Also with e4 showing every episode over and over and over doesnt help.

And just to add to the list while I think of it

E from entourage
    Ben from Parks and Rec
    Erin from The US Office
    Dr. Sarah from Prison Break

I would add Dewey from Malcolm in the middle but only because the young lad cant act.

I would also include Hannah from Girls but i dont like that show so most if not all the characters annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

What killed it stone dead was the final run of episodes. They should have stopped when they became millionaires.

Absolutely agree

In fairness it was this post that mentioned him - i cant take the credit http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94796167&postcount=72

With regards Friends they all became unlikable. just to keep the show running. It's quite amazing that if they ended they show after 4 seasons it could have been considered an all time great. But when a show continues to run you look back at contempt at earlier episodes and find flaws.

Also with e4 showing every episode over and over and over doesnt help.

I wasn't heckling you but if you are going to nominate someone for the shouty stroppy tightass award. Monica should have dibs on the brass statuete.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

It funny, I suggested Carmela, someone else suggested Meadow, and now you're suggesting AJ. I guess the only likeable Soprano is the womanising murderer.

You can add Janice Soprano to the top of that list.

Leela from Dexter got old fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I may be crucified for this but Littlefinger as played by Aidan Gillen, there's wooden and then there's Littlefinger who is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

All of Nicholas Brody's family in Homeland, what a hopeless shower of gobsh**es. Whenever any of them appeared on screen I felt like throwing a large rock at the TV. It's hard to know which of the 3 were the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

jArgHA wrote:
    All of Nicholas Brody's family in Homeland, what a hopeless shower of gobsh**es. Whenever any of them appeared on screen I felt like throwing a large rock at the TV. It's hard to know which of the 3 were the worst.

By the end of season 3 the only character I liked was Saul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Marge and Lisa Simpson. Lisa's self righteousness can be irksome and I can hardly stand Marge's voice.

Advertisement