Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least likeable TV characters.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Peter Griffin:Family Guy.When it boils down to it hes just a complete rip off of Homer Simpson.

That fat wagon of a wan who was the new next door neighbour in the most recent Royale Family Christmas special.Foul mouthed overbearing lump who invited herself along to their Christmas dinner and made off with a load of food,utterly charmless character.That whole episode was terrible,the whole thing where they were trying set up that old lad on a blind date and that unfunny repeated joke about Daves "Dicky" are all proof that they should just knock it on the head for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Another vote for Mandy from The West Wing. Go back to Mandyland.
    Thea from Arrow. Oliver from Arrow. Midget Roy from Arrow. Yeah, everyone from Arrow. Except for Crixus/Slade.
    Lana from Smallville.
    Eleanor from Black Sails. Why would anybody follow this woman? She's a disaster.
    Dee from BSG. When you have to give a character a relationship to make them interesting, then the character isn't worth having in the first place.
    Finn from The 100. UGGGHHHHH. Jaha too. Again, who would follow this nut?
    Sam Weir from Freaks and Geeks. EVERYONE was more interesting than you. Drip.

This turned longer than I thought it would. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cannot believe no-one has mentioned Simon from Coronation Street.

No wonder his father Peter took to the bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Everyone in HBO's Girls (bar Ray).

No question.

And yet I'm still compelled to watch it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

jArgHA wrote: »
    All of Nicholas Brody's family in Homeland, what a hopeless shower of gobsh**es. Whenever any of them appeared on screen I felt like throwing a large rock at the TV. It's hard to know which of the 3 were the worst.

Carrie Mathison was instantly unlikeable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cassidy Mackey in 'The Shield'. Awful actress, only cast because her dad was the lead. She drained every scene she was in and made me want to fast forward them - fast forwarding an episode of 'The Shield' should never be something you'd contemplate!

Taggart in 'Eureka'. I hated when he showed up. Something about his accent just grated against me. Don't think it's the actor's fault necessarily as I've liked him in 'Orphan Black' and 'The Knick'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

Toadie Rebechi since he got thin

Hate that buswanker guy in The Inbetweeners.Not least for inspiring numerous real life muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Michael Schofield in prison break. God the man only had I think two emotions in the whole series and always sounds likes he out of breath.

Turtle in entourage. Started of decent and became unbearable.

Also dale in the walking dead became very whiney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

darkdubh wrote: »
    Peter Griffin:Family Guy.When it boils down to it hes just a complete rip off of Homer Simpson.

Homer stopped being funny before Peter Griffin arrived on the scene, so we needed a replacement. The sad thing is that Peter has now stopped being funny and there's nobody to replace him.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Replacement characters who are rushed in when a major established character leaves through either the actor playing them dying or leaving the show.One example that worked was Uncle Albert in Only Fools And Horses but a lot of time it just hastens the demise of the show or causes long term fans to switch off in droves.Doggett and Reyes on The X-Files.Robin Of Sherwood was never the same when Jason Connery replaced Michael Praed (at least among female viewers it seems).Those two guys who briefly replaced Bo And Luke in The Dukes Of Hazzard,the dark haired guy who was brought in when Michael Douglas left The Streets Of San Fransisco as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Will Bailey from West Wing!!!!

Meant to replace Sam which is impossible- gawd I hated him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Peter Benton in Er. Misery

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

Replacement characters who are rushed in when a major established character leaves through either the actor playing them dying or leaving the show.One example that worked was Uncle Albert in Only Fools And Horses but a lot of time it just hastens the demise of the show or causes long term fans to switch off in droves.Doggett and Reyes on The X-Files.Robin Of Sherwood was never the same when Jason Connery replaced Michael Praed (at least among female viewers it seems).Those two guys who briefly replaced Bo And Luke in The Dukes Of Hazzard,the dark haired guy who was brought in when Michael Douglas left The Streets Of San Fransisco as well.

Dont forget Pippa from Home and Away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Experiencing this with The Office (US) at the minute. Robert California is an absolutely terrible character, not one bit funny. Also Catherine Tate's character in The Office, Nellie Bertram, is awful too. Think it will be a long time before I finish this show, it's becoming such a slog to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

The last two seasons are a bit of a chore yeah, some funny moments but pretty bad as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

wprathead wrote: »
    Will Bailey from West Wing!!!!

Meant to replace Sam which is impossible- gawd I hated him

I liked Will in Season 4 but he got rewitten in later eisodes and became less likeable. Especially during the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Cannot believe no-one has mentioned Simon from Coronation Street.

No wonder his father Peter took to the bottle.

He was an adorable kid but is becoming an obnoxious teenager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

obriendj wrote: »
    Dont forget Pippa from Home and Away

Christ,I forgot about that.They changed the actress playing her almost immedietly after the storyline with her husband drowning in the canoe accident.I remember literaly it was the original actress in one episode and then the following episode had a different actress with no explanation.I remember the new Pippa was crying over a photo of her and Tom ,which you often saw previously in the series with old Pippa.Only now the same photo had new Pippas head awkwardly superimposed onto it over old Pippas.Hilarious now that I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Nora Martinez from The Strain nearly as bad as Andrea from The Walking Dead.

The dark haired pippa was there so long she'll always be pippa to me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Scrappy Doo (ruined Scooby)

Shae from GoT (so annoying)

Lori from Walking Dead

smilerf wrote: »
    The dark haired pippa was there so long she'll always be pippa to me

To oldies like me shes a doppelganger.Old Pippas replacement was to the early early 90s what Bobby Ewings "It was all a dream" thing in Dallas was to the 80s.And if ya need proof......:o

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/11/20/90-of-nations-abandonment-issues-can-be-traced-back-to-original-pippa-leaving-home-and-away-claim-psychiatrists/

• Registered Users Posts: 72,250 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Marge and Lisa Simpson. Lisa's self righteousness can be irksome and I can hardly stand Marge's voice.

Forget Marge and Lisa, what about Gil?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/f/fb/Gil-gunderson.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110913104109.

Never been remotely funny.

Was blonde pippa in it long. Memory is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

when you realise who he is based on he is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Gil was very good in the first episode he appeared in (also Lionel Hutz last episode) where Marge works as a real estate agent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Does reality tv count? It's even worse because they are real. If it does then you can close this thread after this one as nothing beats this wagon.

Beth from dog the bounty hunter! :mad:

Advertisement