Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The X-Files - Season 10 & 11 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I wouldn't classify this as a reboot considering they are keeping the same cast.Fox are talking about a 24 style one off series event. They ruined the main storyline after the first film so don't know how this would work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hmm, very mixed feelings on the possible revival. I'd love it to be great, but I think it could further taint the show's reputation. Sometimes these things are best left untouched. Knowing the fanbase I expect the usual Chris Carter haters to make their views known before any ink has dried on the scripts.

Everyone should listen to Gillian on the Nerdist podcast, though.

http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-gillian-anderson/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Also, if this goes ahead, we'll really miss the late Kim Manners. :(

B7PPEWdCEAAQdCH.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems to be a limited revival that is under consideration rather than a reboot. Just shows how much the word "reboot" is abused these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

but only for 6 episodes,

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/24/x-files-return

still exciting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They should just do a mini series of three 90 minute episodes make it a special event over three nights.

Still looking forward to it whatever way they do it.

Great. Now pick out something black and sexy and prepare to do some funky poaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm so excited for this. I really hope they do a great job.

I interested to see how they fit it into the timeline. Will they ignore the last movie? The problem with the last movie (well one of them) is the fact that it basically ignored the series finale. I'd like to see that issue addressed.

Well, there is the season 10 comic (not read it, but ugh), which is supposedly canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well, there is the season 10 comic (not read it, but ugh), which is supposedly canon.

I'm sure they can easily cancel the validity of the comic's story. Just look what Disney did with the Star Wars universe.

If this series is a big success it might spur Fox into releasing the show on Bluray, which would be great.

• Advertisement

That'll come some day. Fox have never missed an opportunity to make $$$ from the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

been absolute years since i watched it, was planning on finally watching Sons of Anarchy, but really debating to give this a run through again now,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

don ramo wrote: »
    been absolute years since i watched it, was planning on finally watching Sons of Anarchy, but really debating to give this a run through again now,
    202 eps, ffs, i cant really remember it at all...i have the time but have no interest/desire in tearing into it at all, though i would like to see these new eps, hmm maybe watch the last 3 seasons?

This will fail cuz no one will be ready to watch it.

Maybe a big long hour or so recap show would suffice?

Talk that they're returning to Vancouver to shoot it. Hope that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

202 eps, ffs, i cant really remember it at all...i have the time but have no interest/desire in tearing into it at all, though i would like to see these new eps, hmm maybe watch the last 3 seasons?

This will fail cuz no one will be ready to watch it.

Maybe a big long hour or so recap show would suffice?

Ready to watch but not expecting much.

It was a great show in its heyday - one of the things people remember about The Nineties. Unfortunately it ran for about three years too long and it became clear that the "myth-arc" was being made up as they went along rather than being planned with a beginning, middle, and end. Tied themselves in knots really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lost...same
    BSG...same

I never believe myth-arc BS'ing from script writers anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

What about the end of Millennium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Any word on whether it'll be monster-of-the-week format or back to the mythology stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

don ramo wrote: »

Watch the first season of SOA. That was the good one, where they used every good idea. Shouldn't take too long.

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    Any word on whether it'll be monster-of-the-week format or back to the mythology stuff?

Monster of the week apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

So will the new series be set in amid the ruins of an invaded Earth, with Mulder and Scully taking on the role of resistance fighters to cruel alien overlords?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

So will the new series be set in amid the ruins of an invaded Earth, with Mulder and Scully taking on the role of resistance fighters to cruel alien overlords?

If there's any God it will! :D

This is pretty much all we know so far. I think we can take it at face value. Keep in mind a certain amount of misinformation is SOP for Chris Carter and that'll probably ramp up during production.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wonder is there a hope of Vince Gilligan returning I wonder..

EDIT: Never mind.. the article Agent Coulson linked to answer my question..
    Vince Gilligan is busy being one of television’s best and most sought-after talents. The showrunner wrapped Breaking Bad in 2013 and now premieres his next projects in 2015, including Bad spinoff Better Call Saul on AMC and Battle Creek, on CBS. However, Gilligan told The X-Files Lexicon that he'd love to be involved with a revival if his busy schedule allows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged as requested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Hopefully the lone gunmen will return too.

Need a bit of computer hacking in the show.

Advertisement