Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-08-2014, 23:37   #6571
Fowler87
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maigh Eo
Posts: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by seligehgit View Post
305 row x.. Can't wait,Muigheo abu!
Ditto
Fowler87 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-08-2014, 23:46   #6572
mayo.mick
Registered User
 
mayo.mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: castletown east mayo 243ft-73M ASL
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
You were about 25 seats away from me against the tunnel I think if I "have" the right man?
There was no easy way over to you so I said I would leave you to it

I will see if you are closer on Sunday

Yip, right against the wall over the tunnel! Will be about 5 rows further back from there the next day.
mayo.mick is offline  
Thanks from:
19-08-2014, 23:12   #6573
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Dublin 7
Posts: 4,293
Send a message via Skype™ to Stoner
Going again on Sunday. I called last Sunday wrong but I think Mayo will win this by four points at least.
I think mayo have it in midfield by a good margin they have the best group of midfielders left (well in the country) SOS is top class not sure about B Moran but Gibbons looks good to me. I think they have the options to mark JOD.
I don't think Kerry have a great bench and their other forwards look off the pace IMHO. AOS in the more attacking role , I think he'll be too hot for Kerry.
Stoner is offline  
19-08-2014, 23:23   #6574
Stoner
Moderator
 
Stoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Dublin 7
Posts: 4,293
Send a message via Skype™ to Stoner
here's my whacky theory. If Dublin beat Donegal I'd see Mayo having beaten the Dubs in 2012 and only losing to by 1 point last year they would not fear the Dubs.
In this out there theory Kerry lost narrowly in 2011 and by 7 points last year with Cooper . I honestly don't think they'd want the Dubs in the final without Cooper and the Dubs going better than last year.
I think Mayo will have more drive and fire to win. Some Kerry lads might be worried about falling short to the Dubs three times in four years. I expect to be ridiculed for saying this, but I think that might be at the back of some of the younger Kerry players minds.
Stoner is offline  
Yesterday, 00:02   #6575
ciarriaithuaidh
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
Going again on Sunday. I called last Sunday wrong but I think Mayo will win this by four points at least.
I think mayo have it in midfield by a good margin they have the best group of midfielders left (well in the country) SOS is top class not sure about B Moran but Gibbons looks good to me. I think they have the options to mark JOD.
I don't think Kerry have a great bench and their other forwards look off the pace IMHO. AOS in the more attacking role , I think he'll be too hot for Kerry.
Talking through your hat right there anyway. Geaney, O'Brien, Buckley, Walsh, Keane have all been good or better so far.
The bench got 0-5 against Galway and David Moran dominated midfield off the bench. Not the impact Dublin has certainly, but it's a lot better than you seem to realise.
Obviously it's a guarantee they'll fall flat on Sunday now that I've said that!

Last edited by ciarriaithuaidh; Yesterday at 00:08.
ciarriaithuaidh is offline  
Advertisement
Yesterday, 00:18   #6576
Padkir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarriaithuaidh View Post
Talking through your hat right there anyway. Geaney, O'Brien, Buckley, Walsh, Keane have all been good or better so far.
The bench got 0-5 against Galway and David Moran dominated midfield off the bench. Not the impact Dublin has certainly, but it's a lot better than you seem to realise.
Obviously it's a guarantee they'll fall flat on Sunday now that I've said that!
Barry John Keane kicked 3 of them if I recall without a Galway man getting a hand near him, never mind on him. They will not be getting as much space on Sunday.

This thread is eerily quiet given that we have a semi final coming up in a few days... I think there are a number of very wary and nervous Mayo fans about, probably with good reason. Yet if we were to suggest that, despite this, we'd be confident of a narrow margin win, we'd be accused of being arrogant. Can't win really!

For what it's worth, I'm extremely nervous, probably moreso than I've been in a while. In saying that, when I think about it logically and go through the players, the systems, etc, then I don't understand why. Mayo have the stronger team in my opinion and have been getting primed for Sunday and potentially 3 weeks time (all going well).

But I can't shake off this nervous feeling... Ah well, that's what the championship is all about! I think Mayo will perform fairly well on Sunday, but I also think Kerry will be a lot better than some expect them to be, in more areas than left corner forward!!
Padkir is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 02:43   #6577
ColeTrain
Registered User
 
ColeTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maigh Eo
Posts: 3,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padkir View Post
This thread is eerily quiet given that we have a semi final coming up in a few days... I think there are a number of very wary and nervous Mayo fans about, probably with good reason. Yet if we were to suggest that, despite this, we'd be confident of a narrow margin win, we'd be accused of being arrogant. Can't win really!
It's quiet because there is a Mayo vs Kerry thread that Fr.Tod started
ColeTrain is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 10:57   #6578
seligehgit
Registered User
 
seligehgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hoth
Posts: 1,555
Yeah I'm a tad nervous...mainly because of the many battle scars from past encounters with Kerry.Just have to think back to that glorious 96 semi final in the then new upper Cusack and James Horan's goal...one of my few good memories.

Logic makes me quietly confident,I think we've a slight edge in midfield/middle 8 and I think we'll have to have 60% ball possession to win the game,anything less and the Kerry inside forwards may swing it.

Lads no talk at all about the minors ......did'nt see them against Galway,led to believe they were been led a merry dance until Michael Daly...Val's son was sent off.

They were impressive against a much praised Roscommon outfit and excellent against a physical Armagh team.Yet they appear to be rank outsiders against a much vaunted Kerry team???!!Hope everybody gets in early to shout the young lads on!
seligehgit is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:15   #6579
Kalyke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 235
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222784

Thanks Larry....Just what the Doctor ordered!!
Kalyke is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 17:26   #6580
Defiler Of The Coffin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Necropolis
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyke View Post
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222784

Thanks Larry....Just what the Doctor ordered!!
Unbelievable, and all the pints that were drank by Mayo fans in his pub last year
Defiler Of The Coffin is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Yesterday, 17:30   #6581
ciarriaithuaidh
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyke View Post
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222784

Thanks Larry....Just what the Doctor ordered!!
Obvious "slag them and hope they beat those other f*ckers to prove me wrong" tactic by Larry! I wouldn't be taking much notice of it. Great player that he was, he was fairly poor on the sidelines when he got the chance.
ciarriaithuaidh is offline  
Yesterday, 20:26   #6582
Fr Tod Umptious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyke View Post
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222784

Thanks Larry....Just what the Doctor ordered!!
Such opinion pieces are the norm when Mayo play big games.
It are easy column fillers.
Its not as of Larry was the first to bring such a option up.

And as long as Mayo continue to fail to win finals, or lose big semi finals then he won't be the last.
Fr Tod Umptious is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet