Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I was in Captains a few weeks ago for food so Ive already a spot in mind that Im going to head straight for.

Just one thing,does it have a smoking area or do smokers have to go outside ie out the front and if so,how will that work later on in the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I was in Captains a few weeks ago for food so Ive already a spot in mind that Im going to head straight for.

Just one thing,does it have a smoking area or do smokers have to go outside ie out the front and if so,how will that work later on in the night?

Stamp on the back of the hand?

What time do they serve food until in the live section, if they do at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Just emailed that chap to get in with the boards group, hope I get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

CMpunked wrote: »
    Stamp on the back of the hand?

What time do they serve food until in the live section, if they do at all?

That would require a doorman of some sorts and when I was in it there didnt appear to be one there.It was a Sunday night and it was up on ten before I went in and we got food no hassle so I dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've been training for this all week.

Hic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I've been training for this all week.

Hic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Had to get 12 stitches in my foot so sadly I'm out. Have a great night lads and big thanks to leggo for organizing.

Had to get 12 stitches in my foot so sadly I'm out. Have a great night lads and big thanks to leggo for organizing.
    Ah no sorry to hear that, bro. I'll have a coke in your honor. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

That's a real shame man after all the effort you put in last year. Two years in a row you've just missed out, you're becoming the Rey Mysterio of PW Boards Wrestlemania meet-ups :D

See you next year so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Sad to hear dude, ya deserve a good Mania night for your efforts. Mind that foot and have a good one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Deleted posts trying to hijack this thread and kill over a month of organisation by Leggo. Not on my watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Leggo was trying to hijack his own thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

jasus what happened? Im guessing a rival bar was promoting their WM party and trying to damage captains party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Just a cheap way of them trying to get people to go to their place.
    Leggo's done a lot of hard work to get this going!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll be up in Dub around 2ish, I'll likely be in Captain's for 8.

Sorry to hear you can't go DB :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Re-stringing the guitar for tomorrow night! I know we're there for WrestleMania but hopefully you won't mind us singing at ya for a few mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

jasus what happened? Im guessing a rival bar was promoting their WM party and trying to damage captains party?

Pretty much!

Until JayK turned up

16.jpg

Less then 24 hours ago! Super excited

17549690.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

did it sell out

^^^ yep, think so. CA released the last 50 tickets a few days ago but they are either completely gone or very very close to it.

• Advertisement

^^^ yep, think so. CA released the last 50 tickets a few days ago but they are either completely gone or very very close to it.

I well be expecting plenty of photos of the night

What happens in Captain America's, stays in Captain America's!
    :D

What happens in Captain America's, stays in Captain America's!
    :D

So true is ye were in las vegas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Im so ****ing excited for this tomorrow night! Gonna be so good. Watching this has gotten me too hyped up! What time is the podcast happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Feel like been waiting fecking ages for this can't believe its actually hours away now ha. So seeing as be fair number there if I don't actually get talking to any boards peoples on the night i hope yous all have a good time and its the first of many future wm partys!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Can't sleep. Too excited. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Had to pay for a new lock on the hall door due to an attempted burgalry earlier on tonight which leaves me with about €20 until my next pay day,so I won't be able to attend unfortunately,will hopefully find a decent stream instead.

Hope everyone going to Captain's has a great night though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Can't bloody wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Excited!

Right guys, show time in a few hours! :D

There are no more ticket reservations via the boards allocation etc but there will be a few tickets left for sale on the door tonight for those who arrive close to 8pm.

I'm going to reserve the boards.ie table in the Live area, which will be right beside the big screen and where all the action is taking place. So just mention it when you arrive and you'll be taken there.

Thanks a million for all the help and support for the event here, massively appreciated and genuinely wouldn't have gotten it off the ground if not for boards. Come up and say hello tonight if you get a chance! :)

#CaptainsMania is the hashtag we're going with if anyone wants to tweet about the night during it.

Cheers again and see you guys later. Hopefully we get a great Mania to top it all off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jealous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Must be a real nice feeling to know that numbers wise this will be a success going in.

Good luck and have fun everyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea its gonna be weird since Boards will be very quite while WM is on

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Crisis has arrived.. Just cracked a peg on my guitar and there's no shops open here yet and I don't arrive in Dublin til 5... Anybody know any music store open in the city until 6 on Sundays?

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Crisis has arrived.. Just cracked a peg on my guitar and there's no shops open here yet and I don't arrive in Dublin til 5... Anybody know any music store open in the city until 6 on Sundays?

Waltons But one of the stores closes at 5. Give them a call but there is also music maker they are open till 6.

Things sure have changes up on Walton mountain...

Try the music forum, they'd be more the the know if CMpunked's recommendations dont pan out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Not a regular here, but I do visit here a lot though. Looking forward to this seriously!! I've managed to get a few friends to tag along as well.

Gonna be great :D

Nah i'd say it will still be busy on here tonight.

rovert wrote: »
    Must be a real nice feeling to know that numbers wise this will be a success going in.

Good luck and have fun everyone.

You should head down tonight, still tickets left at the door if you get there for 8.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    Right guys, show time in a few hours! :D

Ah here Leggo you really missed the boat on an 'Captains have cancelled at the last minute' April fools day joke :pac:

WM night always has posters dropping in while the show is on, so i'd still expect there to be a fair amount about.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Ah here Leggo you really missed the boat on an 'Captains have cancelled at the last minute' April fools day joke :pac:

A dangerous game indeed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    WM night always has posters dropping in while the show is on, so i'd still expect there to be a fair amount about.

I'll be on here afterwards but won't be during I want to relax & enjoy the show unlike a Raw where I post during the show due to boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Will there be a specific set of tables dedicated to the boards group?? I don't actually know any of the crowd here either but popping along anyway :-) Looking forward to it...
    Have the classic matches been finalized yet? Cheers

I'll be interested to see the reaction to ma boi D-Bry and Sheamo on the night! IWC Hero vs Hometown Hero!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see the reaction to ma boi D-Bry and Sheamo on the night! IWC Hero vs Hometown Hero!

Its definitely going to be a fantastic opener for us.

Haha was actually half-tempted to go the other way and play it off as the whole thing had been one big April Fool's joke. But that would've been too far.

Classic match DVD was burned off yesterday yep!

I've two tables together in the Live Area booked for boards. If the podcast guys find it too loud to tape there, feel free to move into the restaurant where it'll be quieter pre-show. Just mention it to staff and I'm sure they'll sort you out with a table.

People will be given wristbands tonight to show they've paid and have a ticket. As there'll also be restaurant trade going on til 10pm approx, they'll be going around selling wristbands at some stage. So if you get in free or see people getting in free, don't worry you didn't get ripped off or don't spend your last fiver either. Just the easiest way to arrange it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Best of luck with this tonight! Enjoy it to all who are going!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    You should head down tonight, still tickets left at the door if you get there for 8.

In work at 7:45am so no.

laylar4jc9.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Be heading in a hour or two looking really forward now !!! Have to look out for people now see wat the boards heads look like ha !! Anyone wondering which one I am ill be wearing a black Morrissey t shirt and me girlfriend has his face on her thigh haha be impossible to miss...

• Advertisement
Advertisement