Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Forever and Always

This has nothing got to do with hurling. But, I am wondering if any of you will be able to help me out? I got tickets for one direction in croke park for this May 2014. Cusack Stand - Lower Tier Roinn 406 Row ww. Could someone tell me if the view is good and will someone please give a brief description of where about my seat is please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MKisOK

New players urgently needed for Liffey Gaels for 2014. All ages and levels of experience and fitness welcome! Great facilities available- pitch, clubhouse, hall and hurling wall. Friendly and welcoming team of players.

Club Name:
    Liffey Gaels GAA Club
    Liffey Gaels, Sarsfield Road, Dublin 10 (between Inchicore and Ballyfermot)
    Code (hurling/football/handball):
    camogie players needed
    Level played: Senior 6
    Contact details: Frances Brogan Tel No/Mob 087 6754882 Any other info:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Club Name:St Joseph's OCB (O'Connell Boy's)
    Location: Fairview Park, Dublin 3 / Commons Street, IFSC, Dublin 1
    Code: Football / Hurling
    Level played: Junior - Football Division 8, Hurling Division 8
    Contact

Football: Justin (085-7851340)
    Hurling: Seamus (087-9947468)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stjosephsocb.dublin

We commence pre season training this Thursday (16th Jan) and we are inviting new members to join our club.

Very friendly club, most of our members are from Dublin but we also have a good spread of players from other parts of the country.

Training is based in Commons Street on Astro pitch and Fairview Park from 7pm-8:15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garg

Multyfarnham GAA Club
    Co Westmeath

We are a junior club who are always looking for new players both adult and juvenile. The club facilities are excellent and we are a progressive club who keep pushing year on year towards winning the Junior championship.
    Our underage always do well and each year we win at least one championship at underage level.
    There are also two one wall handball courts in our new community centre and a handball club who are also recruiting at the moment.

Check out out website or facebook page for more details.
    http://multyfarnhamgaa.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Any Junior football or hurling clubs in Galway city / west suburbs that would take a tad unfit but determined lad in mid20s on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pearseschicago

Club Name: Padraig Pearse GAA Club
    Code: Gaelic Football
    Level played: Senior and Junior
    Contact details:

E-mail:padraig_pearse_chicago@hotmail.com
    Facebook Page
    Facebook Profile
    Twitter

Any other info:

Chicago Senior Champions 2013
    Chicago Junior B Champions 2013

Our club is based in the city of Chicago itself unlike the majority of other 'Chicago' clubs and we have members from across Ireland. Every year we cater for many J1 students visiting the city for the summer but in recent years we have seen a rise in the number of players coming on the year long J-visa. We are run by a young and dynamic group of people and we have experienced unprecedented success in recent years, a trend which we hope to see continue. So if you are planning on visiting Chicago for the summer or on a more long term basis we would be delighted to hear from you.

For more information on the club you can check out an article on the club that appeared on Hoganstand last week:
    Historic year for the Padraig Pearse GAA Club Chicago
    03 February 2014

These are exciting times for the Padraig Pearse GAA Club as they face into the forthcoming season as reigning Chicago Senior Football Champions.

Last year was a momentous one for the club, one which began with a dinner dance honouring the men and women who had founded the club just over 2 decades previously and ended with the club clinching their first ever Senior football title on the same day they also claimed the Junior B crown. This success came on the back of winning the Chicago Junior A title the year previous after a title drought of a number of years. The club is a tight knit progressive unit comprised of a diverse range people from the length and breadth Ireland as well as many American born members who work tirelessly together to advance the aims and objects of the club and of its supporters.

This year the club intends to consolidate and build on the success of the previous two years by defending their Senior title while also contesting the Junior championship. The club's recent accomplishments have been aided in no small measure by the bolstering of the clubs ranks with new members from Ireland who have availed of the new US government graduate visa. These new additions to the club's membership have contributed both on and off the pitch with many taking on administrative as well as playing roles within the club assisting established club members in driving the club forward. This influx of new recruits has resulted in the club executive committee being made up entirely of officers under the age of 40, 50% of whom are less than 30 years of age.

The club is ideally located for new Irish residents of Chicago, being one of a minority of clubs actually based in the city itself with many members living in the bustling Lakeview neighbourhood within which Wrigleyville is situated. Its location also makes Padraig Pearses an attractive option for J1 students who visit the city each summer and wish to continue to play Gaelic Football throughout their stay. Training takes place in the city beside Lake Michigan and is easily accessed via the CTA Red Line, while matches take place on weekends in Gaelic Park outside the city.

As well as being fiercely competitive on the football field the club is well known for its social activities in a city renowned for its nightlife with numerous events taking place throughout the summer not least their legendary annual softball tournament. The Pearses have a proud tradition of assisting their members, be they permanent or seasonal in securing jobs, accommodation or in networking with others in their particular field of work and actively strive to retain contact and follow the fortunes of players after they have returned home.

If you wish to join this ambitious and vibrant GAA club based in the city of Chicago or just to find out a bit more information about them you can contact the Padraig Pearse GAA Club via e-mail: padraig_pearse_chicago@homtail.com, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Padraig-Pearse-GAA-Club-Chicago/326394434528 or Twitter: www.twitter.com/PearsesChicago

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coventry Hurling

Roger Casements is a Hurling club based in Coventry. The club was established since 1956 and is still going strong today!

We are always looking for new players. If you are interested in playing Hurling in the Coventry area please feel free to contact us. Training is on a Saturday at Warwick University.

We will be competing in the Warwickshire County Championship and the All-Britain Shield this year.

We also have a Gaelic Football Team and a very lively Social scene.

Contact details can be found on our website - www.rogercasements.co.uk, and on our facebook page - www.facebook.com/groups/5180503332/

73dtl3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Portobello ladies junior team welcome new players. We train on Mondays and Wednesdays in Rathmines. Our players come from all corners of Ireland and a few from elsewhere. We welcome all levels including beginners. PM me or find us on Facebook - Portobello GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Anyone know when training is for parnells in coolock? I havent played in years so i would like to try out for the junior c or whatever lower level team they have

But I read a few posts earlier that its tough joining a big team like that so any info about st.monicas etc. Would be appreciated

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Any ideas for late 20s looking for junior hurling in South Dublin (Sandyford/Stepaside area)?
    Still in pretty good condition fitness wise but haven't played any kind of competitive match since juvenile :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Any ideas for late 20s looking for junior hurling in South Dublin (Sandyford/Stepaside area)?
    Still in pretty good condition fitness wise but haven't played any kind of competitive match since juvenile :o
    Realt Dearg are based in terenure but are training in stepaside this time if year. We'd love to have you down. We have three teams now so any level of ability will be catered for and you will get games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Realt Dearg are based in terenure but are training in stepaside this time if year. We'd love to have you down. We have three teams now so any level of ability will be catered for and you will get games.

Cool! What days/times you train? What's needed?

Cool! What days/times you train? What's needed?

We train Mondays at nine at the all weather pitch in stepaside (sadly we couldn't get a better time). Pretty soon we'll be moving on to Bushy Park in terenure (once the hour changes) and it'll be earlier, on Mondays and Thursdays. You'll need a hurl and helmet, the all weather will take moulded studs or runners. Be great to see you, and anyone you know with an interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Any football teams looking for players around Galway City? I'm 23 but haven't played since juvenile. Looking to get back playing as my evenings are free again due to finishing college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭westmidlands

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Any football teams looking for players around Galway City? I'm 23 but haven't played since juvenile. Looking to get back playing as my evenings are free again due to finishing college.

Actually I was wondering this too, just started in college in Galway this year and would love to take the football back up, haven't played since juvenile either but I am bit older (25). Even just to go training with a team, would love to get involved again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

Looking to join a team in Dublin City City Centre/Dublin 4 area, who would be my best option? Ideally it would be for Junior football, I am 24 and havent played in about 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

elliot895 wrote: »
    Looking to join a team in Dublin City City Centre/Dublin 4 area, who would be my best option? Ideally it would be for Junior football, I am 24 and havent played in about 3 years

Probably Clanna Gael Fontenoy. They're based in Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 elliot895

hardybuck wrote: »
    Probably Clanna Gael Fontenoy. They're based in Ringsend.

I noticed them, but thought they were an intermediate side. Do they have Junior teams as well?

elliot895 wrote: »
    I noticed them, but thought they were an intermediate side. Do they have Junior teams as well?

Yeah they do, but on reflection I think they play in the bottom division in Dublin - and that's really social football if thats what you're looking for.

A more competitive side in that area might be Ranelagh Gaels, who play in Division 8 - still not great but you'd probably get a game they have a good social side I understand.

Cuala are moving into Stradbrook in a couple of years. Kilmacud, Naomh Olaf and a few other junior teams are a short spin south.

Feel free to PM me with your details - e.g. if you have a car etc. and I should be able to give you some more tailored options.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

Raheny Junior B looking for players as always. We play in AHL 9. eeveryone welcome.

email me mikeobriendublin@yahoo.ie or text 087 1420228

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Moved to Dublin recently.

I still play for my club down the country but looking for a hurling team to train with in the Harolds Cross area.

Will be looking to transfer up permanently next year.

Any ideas appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Actually I was wondering this too, just started in college in Galway this year and would love to take the football back up, haven't played since juvenile either but I am bit older (25). Even just to go training with a team, would love to get involved again.

Same as!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macaroons

Hey I'm 15 year old girl I want to join Gaelic football? Any teams willing to add me I haven't really played before and from north dublin around clarehall thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Macaroons

Hey I'm 15 year old girl I want to join Gaelic football? Any teams willing to add me I haven't really played before and from north dublin around clarehall thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

djPSB wrote: »

I still play for my club down the country but looking for a hurling team to train with in the Harolds Cross area.

Any ideas appreciated.

Well lad,

Realt Dearg are in your area. Training is in Busy Park in terenure and would be a reasonably short hop. We will be out there on Thursday at 7.15 this week. Several of the lads live down that direction so you can car pool if you want.

www.realtdearg.ie for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi I am looking some advice.

I will be moving to dublin within next couple of weeks and I am looking to get an appropriate Football club in the stillorgan area. I know kilmacud are there however I want to be sure I go to someone that is right for my level.

I played senior club football then intermediate club football for my club in Tyrone for the last 10 years. I was never close to county standard but I would have been okay on the club scene. I would like to continue playing football down here.

Anyone any helpful advice.

Thanks

I will be moving to dublin within next couple of weeks and I am looking to get an appropriate Football club in the stillorgan area. I know kilmacud are there however I want to be sure I go to someone that is right for my level.

I played senior club football then intermediate club football for my club in Tyrone for the last 10 years. I was never close to county standard but I would have been okay on the club scene. I would like to continue playing football down here.

Thanks

Kilmacud have teams at nearly any level I'd imagine. They are a huge club, but that doesn't appeal to everyone, but finding a team at your level shouldn't be a problem there

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

I run cabinteely mens gaa, just up the road - we're always looking for players and low standard :) kilmacud have plenty of players already, we're always looking for lads ;) I'll pm you my mobile if you want to bell me.

Thanks

BoboDub wrote: »
    I run cabinteely mens gaa, just up the road - we're always looking for players and low standard :) kilmacud have plenty of players already, we're always looking for lads ;) I'll pm you my mobile if you want to bell me.

Christ Bobo, fair jump from intermediate football to Div.10 South in fairness!

Christ Bobo, fair jump from intermediate football to Div.10 South in fairness!

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king!!! :) in my experience ex intermediate plauers from other counties can't be as dedicayed to training when they come to dublin - this usually means junior football and a drop in fitness

• Advertisement

In the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king!!! :) in my experience ex intermediate plauers from other counties can't be as dedicayed to training when they come to dublin - this usually means junior football and a drop in fitness

Yeah would agree on you in terms of dedication, and often they're on the way out anyway, but there are junior teams playing in Div. 4 of the league.

Yeah would agree on you in terms of dedication, and often they're on the way out anyway, but there are junior teams playing in Div. 4 of the league.

True but its midseason and it would be hard to break into a starting xv of a div 4 team at this stage. Whereas he'd walk into our team and possibly enjoy the football more. I guess its a matter of choice.

True but its midseason and it would be hard to break into a starting xv of a div 4 team at this stage. Whereas he'd walk into our team and possibly enjoy the football more. I guess its a matter of choice.

Btw We've had a few ex-inter county lads playing for us over the years and often, particularly those from the 2nd tier counties, the feedback is low junior football in dublin is as tough as intermediate or high junior at home.

Btw We've had a few ex-inter county lads playing for us over the years and often, particularly those from the 2nd tier counties, the feedback is low junior football in dublin is as tough as intermediate or high junior at home.

As an ex-intercounty footballer from probably lower than 2nd tier county, I would say that senior club in Dublin, at least for the larger clubs, requires far higher fitness and dedication. You're looking at high profile managers coming in from outside, training/playing 4-5 times a week, video analysis etc. Not far off county standard in some clubs. There are also some really poor senior teams in Dublin though, as in many counties.

The standard of the better intermediate sides is probably also a little bit higher in Dublin, but the overall standard of football is about the same. Probably a bit more physical in Dub.

Junior I wouldn't be as sure about as I never really played at that level. I've seen some Div.5 games, which aren't bad.

One thing which would challenge a lad coming in from the country is the large amount of games, particuarly if you've been out of the game for a while. The longest you'll go without a game is 2 weeks, and with tough training normally twice a week you've nowhere to hide if you're carrying a couple of knocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could get me a contact with crokes for training purposes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SerrahP

Hi all,

I am moving to Dublin next week and I was wondering if there is any gaelic football/camogie team (Junior) in the Ballymun/Santry area. I haven't played in years but I think it would be a good way to meet people.

Any advice is appreciated :)
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thirdtime

Hi BoboDub I just saw your post about the Cabinteely Mens team. Is it the St.Francis Gaels club in Cabinteely you run? I'm based in Sandyford and would love to get into playing. Are ye accepting new players, when do you guys train? What is the training like? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

For those looking to play junior in south Dublin we, Foxrock Geraldine P. Moran's GAA club play & train next door to Dunnes Stores in Cornelscourt, not far from Stillorgan etc. We have a tidy little team that got promoted last year and are always on the lookout for extra players to bolster our small squad. If of interest to you just PM me or ask away here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Looking to join a football club in Galway City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Horse4horse

Hey Lads,

Just moved upto Dublin, living out in the sandyford area. I play football at home so just looking for a team to train with for the summer? I drive so I travel aswell. Just sick of training on my own!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 KK4life

djPSB wrote: »

Any ideas appreciated.

Civil service Hurling Club are continuously recruiting players. We are based in Islandbridge, to the back of Heuston Station. Great bunch of lads to hurl with.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

Hey Lads,

Just moved upto Dublin, living out in the sandyford area. I play football at home so just looking for a team to train with for the summer? I drive so I travel aswell. Just sick of training on my own!!!

Howya Horse

You are more than welcome to train with us in Cornelscourt, I'll send you a PM with details etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hello,
    I'm just wondering. Is it possible to be part of a club but train with another at the same time?. I have to be in Dublin once a week over the next few weeks and I will miss training with my club during that day. Is it possible to train once a week with a Dublin club? Even if I don't play any games with them? I play hurling.

deadybai wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm just wondering. Is it possible to be part of a club but train with another at the same time?. I have to be in Dublin once a week over the next few weeks and I will miss training with my club during that day. Is it possible to train once a week with a Dublin club? Even if I don't play any games with them?

Yeah we have a few lads training with us and hurling down home. Some clubs would be happy to have lads join in a session once you're at the right level. Boosts the numbers which gives a better session for the other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Anyone?

• Advertisement

deadybai wrote: »
    Anyone?

You're more than welcome to train with us if you like. PM me if you want to know details.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jalock20

Moving up to Dublin for work commitments next week, looking for a football club in/around the Clontarf area to train with/possibly transfer to? Not sure yet about the transfer but it may have to happen. Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweat38

Looking to join a hurling club in the U.S. Particularly in Boston Massachusetts? I know their are a bunch, but i have no contact info or connections? Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderers ballyboden

Hi All

Ballyboden Wanderers GAA are running a Men's 7 aside on Saturday 13/9/2014. We are looking for players to play in this who are looking to get back into football or are looking to play in Dublin. This will be a great chance for you to come up and see what we can offer and also if you would like to take up the 15 a side game with us. You can PM me and I will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sligo_2014

Hi all,

Going into 2nd year in UCD in a few weeks, and would like to get involved with a club in the area so I can train once or twice a week to help me stay in shape for matches with my club down the country on weekends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement