Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Got my laptop back today after having the hard drive replaced. It seems a lot noisier than before. Fan isn't going ape**** constantly though so that's nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Like I said I know that road well, drive it a lot they used to always be down by Newlands golf club but once they upped the speed limit on that section there never there, now there always opposite were Jacobs used to be.

A friend of mine used to own a Glanza wrote it off, another lad I know used to own a Skyline also wrote off. I know people that used to go cruises but never my scene I like cars a lot but never into the whole cruise thing. Looking for something with more power myself if I ever find the a car i like that is.

I had a near fatal experience overtaking a prick ad as I was over taking he sped up laughing at me and a car came other way and lucky the glanza had a high turbo button so I pressed that and barely made it in front of him.
    That's when I kinda decided to get out of the fast scene as everyone tries to race you then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I had a near fatal experience overtaking a prick ad as I was over taking he sped up laughing at me and a car came other way and lucky the glanza had a high turbo button so I pressed that and barely made it in front of him.
    That's when I kinda decided to get out of the fast scene as everyone tries to race you then

That's exactly why I've been looking at a 335i or maybe even a 330i less power :(, or Mazda 6 MPS just not mad on the looks of them there not aging well. But I want a subtle car not ones that stand out. Was even thinking if I got the 335i I might de badge it.

Sure I drive a Honda Accord Type S, not a Euro R version the standard 2.0l petrol and I get people trying to race me purely because it's a Honda I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Ouch looks like a nasty tumble. any idea at all what's wrong with the car? Nothing more annoying than when a car starts acting the maggot.

Don't know mate, but it's annoying. I'll fill the tank tomorrow (which I can't really afford to be doing) and get an injector cleaner or something. After that, give it to my mate to see if it's the fuel pump, which I hope to Jebus it's not!
    kellief wrote: »
    I've been watching the faculty, holy bajeesus. I watched some of it before but I don't think I watched it all.

I'm terrified now.

Jeez, seen that YEARS ago, barely remember it. Is it that scary? Think it's on Netflix, might have a look....

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Don't know mate, but it's annoying. I'll fill the tank tomorrow (which I can't really afford to be doing) and get an injector cleaner or something. After that, give it to my mate to see if it's the fuel pump, which I hope to Jebus it's not!

Jeez, seen that YEARS ago, barely remember it. Is it that scary? Think it's on Netflix, might have a look....

Ill keep my fingers crossed for ya mate :cool:.

Think I seen that aswell but it's been a few years. Don't remember it being to jumpy but my memory could be wrong.

Saw the ad for The Faculty...looked like it would be more silly than scary to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Saw the ad for The Faculty...looked like it would be more silly than scary to me.

The Faculty is certainly more of a throwback to the B-Movie genre and a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. Entertaining though imo. It's written by Kevin Williamson who penned the Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer movies.

Passenger wrote: »
    The Faculty is certainly more of a throwback to the B-Movie genre and a lot of it is tongue-in-cheek. Entertaining though imo. It's written by Kevin Williamson who penned the Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer movies.

Oooooh I love Scream, might check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd have considered The Faculty more fun than scary...

Also : Famke Jansson... Mmm....

• Advertisement

Dropped the Missus off to airport with her mate at half 5 and still Havint slept. On m50 on way home and I used to always wonder how pigeons were dead on the road because they never be on the road yet do see a few. Anyway driving along and this pigeon a good bit away just dropped out of the sky and plonked on the road so now I know.
    Anyway sitting here boll0xed and excited as I'm in for tattoo at 10 o'clock 4 half hours bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I need new specticles but I'm fairly blind so I'm gonna end up paying a bomb to get the lighter/smaller lenses. :(

I'd rather be saving the cash for a new tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I feel your pain, it's expensive business. I'm fairly blind myself so I have to get the thinned lenses or else I'd look ridiculous. I'm probably due for an eye test and all soon too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My sight is terrible, also have to get lenses thinned and anti glare and scratch coating on them, but mammy and daddy pay for them for me if I'm broke cause my sight changes frequently. It got BETTER recently. :pac:

My eyesight hasn't really changed since I was 21 but I've found my eyes get tired at night lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Buy them online! A couple of years ago I paid €300 for a pair of glasses (the frames were about €80 and the rest was for getting high index lenses!), I bought two pairs on zenni optical last year with thinned out lenses and paid €150!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

It doesn't take a lot to scare me. It was a bit obvious what would happen, but it's great! It was on Comedy Central, worth a watch if it comes on!!
    I've no idea about cars like that, I drive a micra!

Made a new smoothie this morning, avocado, celery, banana, redcurrants, blackcurrants, raspberry, blackberry, juice and the honey. I did forget the honey and had to put it in at the end of my glass, I still hate it! Has to be worth it though, spent 4.80 on a pot of local honey!!!!!

It doesn't take a lot to scare me. It was a bit obvious what would happen, but it's great! It was on Comedy Central, worth a watch if it comes on!!
    I've no idea about cars like that, I drive a micra!

Made a new smoothie this morning, avocado, celery, banana, redcurrants, blackcurrants, raspberry, blackberry, juice and the honey. I did forget the honey and had to put it in at the end of my glass, I still hate it! Has to be worth it though, spent 4.80 on a pot of local honey!!!!!

That sounds gorgeous! I had a smoothie for breakfast with mango, apple juice, strawberries, spinach and blueberries :)

I've been toying with that idea January. How long did it take from order to delivery ?

Just under two weeks and that was with a delay because I had ordered frames that would not go with my thick ass lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i have perfect 20/20 hindsight vision.altho we probably all have that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    That sounds gorgeous! I had a smoothie for breakfast with mango, apple juice, strawberries, spinach and blueberries :)
    I like the idea of that, except for spinach. That doesn't seem like it belongs in a smoothie.

Angron wrote: »
    I like the idea of that, except for spinach. That doesn't seem like it belongs in a smoothie.

I throw frozen spinach into smoothies, don't even taste it and it's really god for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I throw frozen spinach into smoothies, don't even taste it and it's really god for you.

Yeah I suppose once you have other flavours in it that will mask it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I guess, it just seems like an odd one to have.

Stupid question but where did you get the frozen spinach? Yeah it was really tasty, very refreshing!

Stupid question but where did you get the frozen spinach? Yeah it was really tasty, very refreshing!

I get it in tescos, I tried using fresh spinach but wasn't using enough of it quick enough so just end up throwing most of it in the bin each time. So frozen spinach will last me while, throw two lumps of spinach into each smoothie. My smoothies when I make them are ok, but I hate nuts but there full of really good fat and blending them into a smoothie is the only way I can get them into me.

Yep I get mine in Tesco too, cheap and perfect for throwing into any sort of dish...

Angron wrote: »
    I guess, it just seems like an odd one to have.

I was the one who told marty to put spinach in his smoothies, you really don't taste it :)

I shall pick some up later on! Trying to study but not feeling great at all. Thesis cannot be finished soon enough.

I looooooooove spinach. Prefer fresh to frozen but, like Marty says, it goes off way too quickly. I like smoothies but I've never tried making them myself because all I have is a hand blender and it's not a decent one either. Also I keep hearing they're way too sugary to be healthy but I don't know if that's true or not. I suppose everything is bad for you in some way.

• Advertisement

Reading about the various types of protein powder...so confusing.

I looooooooove spinach. Prefer fresh to frozen but, like Marty says, it goes off way too quickly. I like smoothies but I've never tried making them myself because all I have is a hand blender and it's not a decent one either. Also I keep hearing they're way too sugary to be healthy but I don't know if that's true or not. I suppose everything is bad for you in some way.

They are high in sugar but its natural sugar but also think of all the vitamins and nurtients that is in them. It all depends on your lifestyle really and well to much of anything is bad for you. I add in alot of things to beef up the calorie intake in mine well because I need to take in a lot of calories a day.
    Reading about the various types of protein powder...so confusing.

You thinking about buying some? The general consensus seems to be that ON Gold Standard 100% whey is the best, it's the one I use. You can use them for cooking aswell, I often throw some in porridge and made a cake the other week from a recipe I saw on boards and added in some chocolate whey.

You thinking about buying some? The general consensus seems to be that ON Gold Standard 100% whey is the best, it's the one I use. You can use them for cooking aswell, I often throw some in porridge and made a cake the other week from a recipe I saw on boards and added in some chocolate whey.

Whey's not vegan though so have to use one of the other varieties and I really don't have clue. I've seen one or two people mention protein powders in the Vegan and Vegetarian forum, might ask in there.

Tattoo done but not finished. I couldn't get anyone to take me little one from crèche so top line on my tattoo is not done in only outlined the rest is done and booked in for more work on it in 2 weeks
    Forgot the soreness and redness its been nearly a year since my last one.
    Fcuking shattered aswell

I cannot wait to be finished work at six. Only three more days til I get a day off :D and I got paid more than I expected because I forgot I did extra hours :D

I've a pain in my face. I owe lots of money due to not working and my car deciding to break in various places. I really want to get my next tattoo but I'll have to wait. It will come in time.

I spent today trying to read papers/curled up in a ball. not enough pain meds in the world today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fcuking shattered aswell

Yeah can really take it out of you.

Feeling flipping drained and can't figure out why. Just want to curl up and sleep.

Jasus everyone's wrecked today, I'm stuffed just finished stuffing my face with turkey burgers and baked sweet potato :).

• Advertisement

Wrecked myself but it's mainly from standing at work. It's been such a long day, still another hour to go :(

I'm mentally wrecked today, the kids have drained me... tantrums galore. My mum and dad are arguing and the atmosphere in the house is soooo tense. I had stayed away for over a week but had heard things had died down so went up today but they're back at it again... argh.

I'm feeling very very drained myself. Altogether in past 32 hours I've gotten 3 hours sleep and then got me tattoo and all. Very strange as its really hurting me now but never really hurt this bad before. In saying that it is tribal and a lot of black is in it so was a good bit of blood due to lack of sleep so my artist said.
    Anyway tonight is busiest night of the month and I prob won't finish till about 4 so roll on the next six painful poxy hours :(

Evenin' all. What's happening? Sitting on my todd here as herself is gone into hospital with the baby. He's screaming in pain all day and not taking his bottles and has a temperature. She had to wail til I came home as my car is still fucked so I was using hers. :(

So watching Die Hard 2 on Film 4 (which is being followed by The Running Man) waiting to hear what the story is. Waiting sucks!! Hope it's nothing too serious...

Hope it's nothing serious PKM :(

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Hope it's nothing serious PKM :(

So do I!!! Can't do hospitals with kids. I feel so useless. The little one was in hospital last year with a dangerously high fever they couldn't figure out or fix. She was on drips and machines for three days.....it killed me.

260368.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hope the little one is ok pkm :( poor little mite

Im in quite a good mood today. Heading out for a friend's birthday tomorrow night and it's only 18 days till im away on holidays! :D

Aw P.K.M. I hope the baby is ok...

My other half would be a bit like you, feels helpless in situations like that. Thankfully we've only ever had one trip to A&E with one of our girls, she got hold of one of those bloody liquid tabs for the washing machine and it burst into her eye.

Lots of hospital appts though - one has a heart problem, the other has an ENT appt coming up and the youngest is seeing a paediatrician in July because she's underweight according to the growth charts.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ye, pkm, I'm sure he's gonna be grand. :)

Drained tonight, went for a run after work, but my hayfever is killing me so I only managed about 4k because I was sneezing so much. :pac:

Really looking forward to finally having a day off on Tuesday, although I'll have to go to the doctor so I won't be relaxing too much!

Hope the little one is ok pkm :( poor little mite

Im in quite a good mood today. Heading out for a friend's birthday tomorrow night and it's only 18 days till im away on holidays! :D

Thanks Kat. BTW...SO jealous of your holidays!! I'm sure yo'll have a blast!
    January wrote: »
    Aw P.K.M. I hope the baby is ok...

My other half would be a bit like you, feels helpless in situations like that. Thankfully we've only ever had one trip to A&E with one of our girls, she got hold of one of those bloody liquid tabs for the washing machine and it burst into her eye.

Lots of hospital appts though - one has a heart problem, the other has an ENT appt coming up and the youngest is seeing a paediatrician in July because she's underweight according to the growth charts.

Cheers. Ah look, with 6 kids I've been in and out so often, they know my name by now! My eldest lad was a fucker for shoving small stones up his nose!! My third had bad skin problems when he was a nipper, the other little one I said above, Thomas has been in and out of a psychologists the last few weeks and only the other day diagnosed with A.S.D. (Asbergers) and has to attend behavioral therapy and occupational therapy for the next God knows how long...and now the newborn. Between kids, cars and bikes, I've had my fill of shit not working!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fingers crossed for the little one PKM I'm sure he'll be grand but I can imagine how nervy it can get.

Like everyone else seemingly I'm also shattered, played 27 holes of golf and found a savage looking wedge for my troubles

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement