Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eternal wrote: »
    It's a joke. I know people who hate being married and go out every weekend looking for men on the side. Another friend hates her husband yet just had another kid with him. Why bother like. I hate cheating though, especially people engaged or married having sex with people with no regard for their partner. It makes me physically sick.
    I couldn't handle that/doing it/having it done to me....one advantage of being permenantly single :)

Though even that wan I was dating earlier in the year....didn't even cheat on me to get back with her ex...(she's straight up like that...something I respect)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I couldn't handle that/doing it/having it done to me....one advantage of being permenantly single :)

Though even that wan I was dating earlier in the year....didn't even cheat on me to get back with her ex...(she's straight up like that...something I respect)

They only stay with the husbands for money. Nothing worse than watching married women slobbering all over random drunk guys.

They only stay with the husbands for money. Nothing worse than watching married women slobbering all over random drunk guys.

:eek:
    Do there husbands not find out....as nothing ever stays secret??

:eek:
    Do there husbands not find out....as nothing ever stays secret??

Not sure. You would wonder like. I'd know straight away if someone was cheating on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I got a conditional offer for an MA in Trinity today. I'm really happy. If I don't get the other scholarship, I'm going to take it. Sorry PM you didn't get yours but it's a lot easier to get an MA place I'd say. I need my second reference now and to upload all my years of results. Looks like all the hard work paid off :)

Fair play Eternal. It all sounds very positive :) Yes, hard work definitely does pay off in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I think it's the most degrading thing to do if your supposed to be in a loving relationship.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Fair play Eternal. It all sounds very positive :) Yes, hard work definitely does pay off in the end.

Thanks. I haven't got it 100% yet. I'm not sure about conditional offers as UCC gave me an unconditional one. It must be easier to stay within the same college or something.

heyday30 wrote: »
    I think it's the most degrading thing to do if your supposed to be in a loving relationship.

Yes....though if they were happy...would they cheat???

Thanks. I haven't got it 100% yet. I'm not sure about conditional offers as UCC gave me an unconditional one. It must be easier to stay within the same college or something.

I know when applying for the course I'm doing, I had to submit results from throughout my degree. I wasn't sure if I would have quite met the requirements, but thankfully I did. It was then a case, once accepted, of registering for tuition. I chose to stick with the college I did the degree in, not just because it offered the course, as other colleges do, but because I'm most familiar with it.

Some people are just incapable of being faithful. I was seeing one guy who was an actual womaniser. He even admitted it and told me not to bother with him anymore because he wasn't worth it. His marriage broke down over it and he kept harping on about how he loved his wife. Why so would he continue to cheat on her though?

• Advertisement

I know when applying for the course I'm doing, I had to submit results from throughout my degree. I wasn't sure if I would have quite met the requirements, but thankfully I did. It was then a case, once accepted, of registering for tuition. I chose to stick with the college I did the degree in, not just because it offered the course, as other colleges do, but because I'm most familiar with it.

I'll have to get my transcripts. Thank fck I did well though in first and second year. It's nearly 8,000 for the fees.

I'll have to get my transcripts. Thank fck I did well though in first and second year. It's nearly 8,000 for the fees.

Well, that's the main thing :) College fees are quite steep in general, which is a shame.

Well, that's the main thing :) College fees are quite steep in general, which is a shame.

I applied for a scholarship and a grant. I'm bound to get one of them. Trinity doesn't do post grad internal funding though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I often wondered this....why people bother....was in visiting a friend who actually dislikes his fiancée and more than one who would tell you that there unhappy....seems to me there wasting their lives???

And they do be mocking me for being eternally single (in the will die alone category now)....obv I don't tell them of dates etc I do be on....because at least it's anonymous here :)

But I will in my fcuk be stuck in a unhappy relationship after this long being single....

I only know of about three relationships which would survive the acid test you put down....

yea i would concur. i look at relationships amongst my family and say if this or that was taken away, how many relationships would survive. not many

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Some people are just incapable of being faithful. I was seeing one guy who was an actual womaniser. He even admitted it and told me not to bother with him anymore because he wasn't worth it. His marriage broke down over it and he kept harping on about how he loved his wife. Why so would he continue to cheat on her though?

i remember seeing the film revolutionary road which was written by richard yates and thinking this is a great portrayal of relationships (not all, but some i suppose)

like yates said, people lie to themselves. they know the truth i.e. the relationship is faltering or not turning out like they had expected and in order to maintain the illusion to the watchful eye of neighbours and family, they lie to themselves. then they have a mortgage to service and kids running around.

The other thing as well is that people have this almost Utopian dream of marriage and it all working out brilliantly. life isnt like that. its highly unpredictable and stressful. we never plan for the problems in a sense, we only see the good stuff.

very good film to watch i must say. very realistic.

Roquentin wrote: »
    i remember seeing the film revolutionary road which was written by richard yates and thinking this is a great portrayal of relationships (not all, but some i suppose)

like yates said, people lie to themselves. they know the truth i.e. the relationship is faltering or not turning out like they had expected and in order to maintain the illusion to the watchful eye of neighbours and family, they lie to themselves. then they have a mortgage to service and kids running around.

The other thing as well is that people have this almost Utopian dream of marriage and it all working out brilliantly. life isnt like that. its highly unpredictable and stressful. we never plan for the problems in a sense, we only see the good stuff.

very good film to watch i must say. very realistic.
    Nah, he was just a bollox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Roquentin wrote: »
    yea i would concur. i look at relationships amongst my family and say if this or that was taken away, how many relationships would survive. not many

I must say my sister is with her fiancé around 4 years now and they're very happy together, they've been through a lot together and still going strong. It's good to know that when the going got tough they stuck together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Autosport wrote: »
    I must say my sister is with her fiancé around 4 years now and they're very happy together, they've been through a lot together and still going strong. It's good to know that when the going got tough they stuck together :)

My brother seems to be happy in his marriage too so its not all bad.
    I wouldnt be too gone on her personality wise but would never say that too him of course. :D

mg1982 wrote: »
    My brother seems to be happy in his marriage too so its not all bad.
    I wouldnt be too gone on her personality wise but would never say that too him of course. :D

Why, what's wrong with her?

Why, what's wrong with her?

Shes tight and makes no effort to get on with some of the family.

• Advertisement

mg1982 wrote: »
    Shes tight and makes no effort to get on with some of the family.
    I see. Well if he's happy I suppose that makes you happy.

My brother and sister have been extremely lucky to have met and eventually married their other halves. They are two of the nicest people one could meet, and get on very well with my parents, and I obviously get on great with them.

I would hope that my future girlfriend and eventual wife would get on just as well with my folks, siblings and in-laws. Well, I wouldn't go out with a bitch anyway :p

I see. Well if he's happy I suppose that makes you happy.

Well thats it and he loves being a dad too. So of course im happy for him.

My three brothers are all spoken for. My eldest is married with two kids. His wife is sound, they seem to get on fine. My youngest brother has been going out with a Cork girl for about 3 years. She's really nice; I'm delighted for him. :) The other one, well I don't really get on too well with her at all now. But I don't think any of us do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is it important to you that your OH gets on with your family and you with there's or do you do your own thing

Is it important to you that your OH gets on with your family and you with there's or do you do your own thing

For me I'd hope so anyway. My family are a big part of my life and I think it would just make things very awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not really. I ran away from home to be with my ex back in the day as my mother was very against our relationship. Would I do it again, even if it's ex now? Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Karsini wrote: »
    For me I'd hope so anyway. My family are a big part of my life and I think it would just make things very awkward.

Same as. I've a lot of siblings (7) so daunting for some lol

Actually i get on ok with her which i kind of have too because they live next door, its just other members of the family and she doesnt do herself any favours sometimes. I know some of my sisters dont think much of her but they live away from here. But i would never say anything to my brother about it as its not worth it. He probably beat the head off me anyway. :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

heyday30 wrote: »
    Same as. I've a lot of siblings (7) so daunting for some lol

Just me and my brother in my crew (yes we call our family a crew, we down like that) :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement