Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Drdoc you must have gotten a big fright. Hope all is ok now. Maybe your body is telling you to start slowing down. I know mine definitely is..screaming at me in fact! Regarding the pelvic pain I'm fine walking even long distances. Moving in bed and getting out of the car can be tricky at time though. I also feel like I'm going to be banjaxed in another 10 weeks!

Greenorchard sorry to hear you have sick again. Hopefully it's just a temporary relapse. I can't believe how quick its going now....Nearly into he last 10 week stretch.

SarahLee fingers crossed you'll be spared the chickenpox. The midwife assure me that once you're past the first 12 weeks chickenpox shouldn't cause any problems.

Saralee4 wrote: »
    nead could the consultant tell your placental position just by examining you or did you have a scan also

I had a scan as well. He does a little one at each visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I had a checkup last week at 27 weeks and scan showed placenta is still low. More detailed scan at 34 weeks to see if it has moved. Not really sure what happens if it has not moved. Does this automatically mean a section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Jem123 wrote: »
    I had a checkup last week at 27 weeks and scan showed placenta is still low. More detailed scan at 34 weeks to see if it has moved. Not really sure what happens if it has not moved. Does this automatically mean a section?

I have to have mine checked at 34 weeks to but I don't know what happens either? I hope not. I don't want a section.

I'd imagine it depends on how low placenta is. If its blocking the cervix it would mean a section, but if its not then you could probably still have a vaginal birth. It's bleeding that is the biggest worry AFAIK.

Im hoping mine will move up further as I get bigger.....and I'm definitely getting bigger!!

• Advertisement

yesterday im not sure what it was but I just felt different the whole day! I feel like my body is preparing for the birth already. Ill only be 30 weeks on Monday.

I felt a lot of pelvic pressure and had to use the loo like every 15 mins, I think the baby might have moved position or something. Last night while I was lying down, the baby moved in such a way that it shook my whole body and it lasted for about 5-10 seconds. I have had a few kicks that actually hurt but this was different. I don't remember feeling this the last time. Ive also been getting a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. Anyone else having anything similar?

One thing I haven't had yet that I had in my last pregnancy was the baby hiccupping. My daughter was always hiccupping but I haven't felt them yet this time.

edit: oh and also I have been getting morning sickness again - not too bad nausea. In the first trimester I had nausea for hours but now I get it for a few mins and then when I get sick it clears. Im getting the sickness in the morning whereas before I was getting it in the evenings!

I'm at the same stage as you and also feeling lots of pelvic pain and pain at the bottom of my bump. Lots of Braxton Hicks too which is similar to last time. It's really weird but I was thinking about the hiccupping the other day and haven't felt it much this time either. My son also had lots of hiccups but this baby doesn't. Hopefully it means this baby won't be as pukey as my son!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

I haven't had any pelvic pain or Braxton hicks yet, I'm 29 weeks today. Still getting nausea but it eases by evening time. No hiccups here yet.

Can't believe it's May already, not long to go now ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Just gone 31 weeks here. No Braxton Hicks yet, didn't have them at all last time. No hiccups yet either. I did feel those last time though. Baby is transverse so I'm feeling most movement up around my sides and ribs. It's little bum or head is pushing out this evening! Feels a bit uncomfortable.

I take it back...hiccupping away as I type. My whole bump is moving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Nead21 wrote: »
    I'm at the same stage as you and also feeling lots of pelvic pain and pain at the bottom of my bump. Lots of Braxton Hicks too which is similar to last time. It's really weird but I was thinking about the hiccupping the other day and haven't felt it much this time either. My son also had lots of hiccups but this baby doesn't. Hopefully it means this baby won't be as pukey as my son!

I could've written your post exactly Nead21!
    Lots of braxton hicks and pain at the bottom of bump, particularly if I try to walk more than a few hundred metres. No hiccups here yet (though I see yours have just started!) although I had them loads in last pregnancy!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

Hi ladies.
    Drdoc I have that pain across the bottom of my bump too when I walk. Is this a sign we should get a bump support strap? I only have it while walking. I'm 28 weeks today and while I'm visibly pregnant I'm not big by any means. Still have the RSL but I've started drinking a glass of tonic water before bed and it helps. No braxton hicks but lots of movement. Lots of kicks in the ribs since the weekend. Wonder does this mean baby is head down? I felt hiccups last week for the first time. It was so cute but I also felt so bad for the poor little thing. Pretty sure it happened after I ate a kiwi!

I'll be 30 weeks this Friday and I am absolutely wrecked. No energy at all. I can't remember being this tired last time :(

I'll be 30 weeks on Friday too, bump has started to get a bit achey in the last couple of days, mostly at the bottom of my bump but the top was sore the other day as well. Not sure if it's my ribs or if it's the stomach muscles separating.

Jem123 wrote: »
    I'll be 30 weeks this Friday and I am absolutely wrecked. No energy at all. I can't remember being this tired last time :(

Im the same jem, I don't remember feeling this crappy at 30 weeks but I do remember at 34 weeks getting very uncomfortable and feeling a bit sad for myself but then I still had good days after that. Maybe its just happening sooner this time round.

Some days I do have energy and I feel fine and on those days, I seem to get a lot done, other days I'm practically a zombie and my whole tummy hurts.

My waters broke with my first child on a Friday evening - I was not aware of this because I expected it to be more dramatic but it was not at all. Earlier that day I had this crazy energy. I cleaned the house from top to bottom. I even have a message in my phone that I sent to my husband saying 'get some bread on the way home cause we can only have sandwiches for dinner' ha ha because I didn't want to mess the cooker up with cooking something. I wasn't actually due for another two weeks though! It is amazing when you look back, how your body gives you signs. Anyway I still didn't know that my waters had broke until the Sunday morning. I got this urge to have a bath at 5 o clock in the morning so I did and when I got out, I went back to bed. I woke up about 2 hours later and my waters had broke further if that makes sense. I went into the hospital and they confirmed I was in labour. I gave birth to my daughter at 7 on the Monday morning.

Anyone want to share their labour stories?

Any of the first time mams feeling nervous/excited now that we are nearing the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

I'm very excited. Not a bit nervous yet. I wonder when that will kick in. I'd love to hear labour stories. Any body know anyone who went into labour in work or some other random place?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Any of the first time mams feeling nervous/excited now that we are nearing the end?

Very excited here Saralee! Thanks for sharing your story. I am having two moods about the time left, sometimes seems like so long!! Months and months, well three! Other days, I am like slow down time! ;)

Mostly feeling very good, or as good as is to be expected 29 weeks into a pregnancy! Delighted to not be sick at all, it's wonderful. The only upside to being so sick at the start is being about to appreciate feeling good now.

Energy levels have taken a big slump here. Have been feeling crap and am absolutely floored with tiredness the last 3 days! So happy it's the weekend :)

How's everyone else getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nettie1

Energy levels have taken a big slump here. Have been feeling crap and am absolutely floored with tiredness the last 3 days! So happy it's the weekend :)

How's everyone else getting on?

I've been the same for the last few weeks. Third trimester hit me with a thump!! I had been flying, actually enjoyed the second trimester!! But the last few weeks my energy levels have been on the floor. My concentration and memory are gone and the thought of going for a walk is just awful! I do force myself out but the distances have been getting shorter and shorter and the pace has been slowing steadily.
    Found out that my iron levels are low so hopefully things will improve once the supplements kick in. Also, I was told that every pregnant woman should have thyroid levels checked a couple of times during pregnancy and after as levels can fluctuate and not all doctors are great at getting it checked with other bloods. It can make all the difference to energy levels and, with that, mood.
    Is anybody else's bump massive? I'm finding the weight of mine a drag, literally!! I just love being horizontal right now. This is my first pregnancy, I'll need a wheelbarrow for the bump if I get pregnant again ðŸ˜ðŸ˜œ. Might need one in another few weeks if things carry on as they are!!

nettie1 wrote: »
    Is anybody else's bump massive? I'm finding the weight of mine a drag, literally!! I just love being horizontal right now. This is my first pregnancy, I'll need a wheelbarrow for the bump if I get pregnant again ðŸ˜ðŸ˜œ. Might need one in another few weeks if things carry on as they are!!

It's just in the last few days that the exhaustion has really hit me, no energy at all.

My bump has really grown in the last week. It was still pretty small until 30 weeks but it's had a real growth spurt in the last few days. Maybe that's why I'm so tired!

• Advertisement

It's just in the last few days that the exhaustion has really hit me, no energy at all.

My bump has really grown in the last week. It was still pretty small until 30 weeks but it's had a real growth spurt in the last few days. Maybe that's why I'm so tired!

this is actually what I think is happening. every couple of days, I have really good energy for about 2 days then it hits me and I literally don't want to move for another two days. I think it is growth spurts.

My muscles are feeling weird this weekend. Like I want to stretch them but i feel at any minute, I'm going to get a cramp. It's especially in my legs upper thigh and calves.

I also had this really weird experience which happened before where the muscle under my breastbone like my rib or something went into some kind of spasm. It was weird. Spoke to the midwife about it at a visit and she told me it was the babies foot :-s I don't think she was really listening to me tbh because it's not the first time in my pregnancy it happened. I had it happen another time in the first trimester.

I can't find anything online about it either!

My muscles are feeling weird this weekend. Like I want to stretch them but i feel at any minute, I'm going to get a cramp. It's especially in my legs upper thigh and calves.

I also had this really weird experience which happened before where the muscle under my breastbone like my rib or something went into some kind of spasm. It was weird. Spoke to the midwife about it at a visit and she told me it was the babies foot :-s I don't think she was really listening to me tbh because it's not the first time in my pregnancy it happened. I had it happen another time in the first trimester.

I can't find anything online about it either!

Have you asked a physio about it? I've had pain around the same area and she told me my muscles were having difficulty coping with the extra weight. She did some work on me which helped and recommended a back support for the car and home. It didn't get rid if the problem but it really helped.
    On a different note, I was put on extra iron by my gp. Apparently we could lose up to a litre of blood during child birth and low iron can effect ability to breast feed so iron levels aren't just about energy levels now. Hadn't read that anywhere - a couple of midwives told me at my last hospital appointment. I went on galfer and find it great, although it caused me a bit of constipation. Prune juice is my new best friend even though it's horrible!!

Thank nettie! I'll look into seeing a physio about it! Good to know I'm not the only one tho!

On a different note, I was put on extra iron by my gp. Apparently we could lose up to a litre of blood during child birth and low iron can effect ability to breast feed so iron levels aren't just about energy levels now. Hadn't read that anywhere - a couple of midwives told me at my last hospital appointment. I went on galfer and find it great, although it caused me a bit of constipation. Prune juice is my new best friend even though it's horrible!!

I asked about iron at my appointment on Friday as some people seem to get told to take the tablets but it hadn't been mentioned to me at all. The midwife said it's cos my iron levels were so good at my first appointment. They did a quick blood test on Friday to check what they're at now & it was 13.4 which is apparently excellent. Kinda relieved not to have to take the tablets as I'm nauseous enough as it is & that seems to be one of the common side effects!

I had a scan yesterday and all good with placenta (at 34 weeks) :) Baby weighing in at 5pd 14oz already so another big one coming!

Im the same jem! Had my scan and placenta has moved and baby weighing 5 and a half pounds. Also found out the baby is a girl :)

I found out much earlier in my last pregnancy but since they didnt provide anomoly scan at 20 weeks i couldnt find out til now. Im so happy. I know its not natural to find out and a lot of people like the suprise but i find myself bonding better knowing and referring to her as she and being able to buy things not just in neutral for her arrival. I have another girl and ive been dying to know what we are having so i could organise all her 'hand me downs'! They were taking up so much space but glad now that i will get another use from alot of her stuff. Alot of things she never even wore :)

Im the same jem! Had my scan and placenta has moved and baby weighing 5 and a half pounds. Also found out the baby is a girl :)

I found out much earlier in my last pregnancy but since they didnt provide anomoly scan at 20 weeks i couldnt find out til now. Im so happy. I know its not natural to find out and a lot of people like the suprise but i find myself bonding better knowing and referring to her as she and being able to buy things not just in neutral for her arrival.

I'm the same, found out the gender and love knowing. Haven't told people so it feels like a special little secret, plus I feel like I've bonded much more by knowing.
    Baba's a buster too by all accounts but I've heard so many accounts of them overestimating the weight that I'm not attaching much weight (geddit?) to that. Plus things like preeclampsia can strike and really effect baby's weight so we'll wait (weight!!) and see. Sorry for the cheesy jokes, couldn't resist, giddy cos it's the weekend.
    Have to, have to, have to reiterate how brilliant extra iron is. It takes a few weeks to kick in but it's worth the wait. This time last week I was a ball of pain from sheer exhaustion. This week I'm full of energy and fun, two things I wasn't expecting to experience again til about October, or, if some mums were to be believed, ever!! So don't suffer ladies, Galfer all the way! Gonna up it to two per day from week 36.
    How are people getting on? Anyone finished up work already? Time is flying!!

How are people getting on? Anyone finished up work already? Time is flying!!

Time is really flying now! I've four weeks left in work, can't wait to finish up. I've been getting pretty severe swelling in my feet & lower legs & it's always much worse by Friday so sitting at a desk all day definitely isn't helping. My GP offered me a sick note today at my appointment when he saw the swelling but I'll try stick it out another couple of weeks at least. I've also started to get carpal tunnel in my hands in the last few days, hoping it doesn't get worse. At the moment I wake up with painful fingers but it eases during the day.
    What about you, are you finishing up soon?

• Advertisement

Time is really flying now! I've four weeks left in work, can't wait to finish up. I've been getting pretty severe swelling in my feet & lower legs & it's always much worse by Friday so sitting at a desk all day definitely isn't helping. My GP offered me a sick note today at my appointment when he saw the swelling but I'll try stick it out another couple of weeks at least. I've also started to get carpal tunnel in my hands in the last few days, hoping it doesn't get worse. At the moment I wake up with painful fingers but it eases during the day.
    What about you, are you finishing up soon?

greenorchard just take the sicknote seriously! You wont gain anything from staying in work longer. They will manage without you for an extra month!

I made that mistake on my first pregnancy and was so worried about how work were going to cope so I worked too hard and it wasn't appreciated or worth it in the end.

Advertisement