Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options
  • 04-09-2014 3:31am

Well.

Omg.

EP15.

Lets do this...

Who/what do you want to see there?

Comments

Well.

Omg.

EP15.

Lets do this...

First and foremost, hoverboards.

Failing that, a band called Hoverboards.

But realistically...

Duran Duran, The Frames, Moby (I still think/hope he has the devil in him)

A proper cage like arena for the rockers. Ep needs a balls to the wall metal section.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Well.

Omg.

EP15.

Lets do this...

Loads more portaloos for the campsites. I counted 6 men's portaloos in the Oscar Wilde which probably had 7000+ people staying in it. And both times I visited there were 3 out of commission...

The ladies ones had massive queues too dunno how slow they were so can't really comment.

That's honestly the only thing I'd demand be changed for next year. Maybe look at the queuing for searches during peak hours too. Missed the start of a must see act because we spent 20 mins queuing Sat eve...

Otherwise more of the same see Ye all next Sept!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

Is it too soon to look at the long-range weather forecast?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Dowdy wrote: »
    Is it too soon to look at the long-range weather forecast?

Definitely not. I hear it's going to be sunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Loads more portaloos for the campsites. I counted 6 men's portaloos in the Oscar Wilde which probably had 7000+ people staying in it. And both times I visited there were 3 out of commission...

The ladies ones had massive queues too dunno how slow they were so can't really comment.

That's honestly the only thing I'd demand be changed for next year. Maybe look at the queuing for searches during peak hours too. Missed the start of a must see act because we spent 20 mins queuing Sat eve...

Otherwise more of the same see Ye all next Sept!!! :)

Showers, don't forget more showers :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

May as well sure..

Pearl Jam, QOTSA, The Gaslight Anthem, Jimmy Eat World, Alt-J, The XX, The Joy Formidable. That'd do me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

OK - posted on other thread. I heard they were trying to book The Lumineers.

Who I want to see are MORCHEEBA - would love to see that band live. And please don't let someone tell they have played already.

I would also like to see some Brit pop 90's band. That is my heyday - it was unfair seeing all the bands from the heyday in the 70s, & 80s this year. What about me:(:rolleyes:

Would have to think some more about bands after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Pretty sure I'm going to buy my ticket in the next couple of weeks.. 2015 will be my most organised year yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

can I be first to start the mandatory Aphex Twin 'thing' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

i heard bowie's gonna play

• Advertisement

What I was also really impressed this year was the quality of the female vocalist performers - can we have more of the same please.

What about Tracy Chapman - only because when I was in the shop a while ago she was on the radio. Did she ever do the Feile - that is the only place I would have seen her. I can't remember seeing her.

I would also like to see of the older Irish acts, the Blades went down really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Oasis, U2 and David Bowie.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Oasis, U2 and David Bowie.

God no to the first two. Couldn't be dealing with their twatness. Could you imagine Bono preaching at us on the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The stone roses and electric picnic would be a beautiful romance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    God no to the first two. Couldn't be dealing with their twatness. Could you imagine Bono preaching at us on the stage.

Plus the amount of Wonderwall singing guitar **** in the campsite would explode.

My list for EP Santy:
    Chromeo
    Mew
    Local Natives
    Bring back Bombay Bicycle club cuz they were great
    Bring back SBTRKT cuz I'm still incredibly pissed off about overdoing my power nap and missing the bastard.
    And if we're dreaming sure, Radiohead.

D.Q wrote: »

Oh yes - now that would work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Royal Blood

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

If the EP Gods are reading this I would love me some:

Stromae
    Girl Band because I missed them this year and was sad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It will never happen, but.....

Boards of Canada live set

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Is any of the line up norm announced before next lot of early bird tickets go on sale???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Garth Brooks ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Capital Cities, O Emperor, Atoms for Peace, Idliewild, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Interpol, Alt-J, John Maus, The XX, Band of Horses, King Kong Company, Phosphorescent, Grizzly Bear, Wild Beasts, Beirut, Editors, Local Natives

Yeah not bad

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A proper cage like arena for the rockers. Ep needs a balls to the wall metal section.

Yes to that . I would love if EP was kinda like Pukkelpop/Sziget/Rock Werchter . A good mix of different type of bands would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Duran Duran, - Moby (I still think/hope he has the devil in him)

DD - Funnily enough, was talking to a few mates over the weekend, their name came up a few times

Moby would be good fun if he's in the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

can I be first to start the mandatory Aphex Twin 'thing' :D

He's actually about to release his first new album since 2001's Drukqs. I wouldn't be surprised if he was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Ha Ha Ha, Deadly !!!

So its actually this day next year yea ?

How are you guys gonna smuggle your beer in ?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

First and foremost, hoverboards.

Failing that, a band called Hoverboards.

But realistically...

Duran Duran, The Frames, Moby (I still think/hope he has the devil in him)

Duff wrote: »
    May as well sure..

Pearl Jam, QOTSA, The Gaslight Anthem, Jimmy Eat World, Alt-J, The XX, The Joy Formidable. That'd do me anyway.
    roll wrote: »
    i heard bowie's gonna play
    D.Q wrote: »
    Royal Blood

Especially The Stone Roses. That would be unbelievably fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would love to see white lies, Interpol and maybe Elvis Costello. A massive long shot would be David Gilmour

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Foltar

De La Soul, Tycho, Little Dragon, RAC, Memory Tapes, Snakadaktal, Bonobo, Mano Le Tough, Dustin Tebbutt, Flight Facilities, James Blake, The Preatures, Rufus, Phantogram and Yumi Zouma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

More portaloos for men; we need to poo too.

Bands? Stone Roses and Oasis/Noely G. Yes it would bring in the great unwashed, the proletariat, and we'd be unable to pretend that we enjoyed some old woman dressed like Lady Gaga, but the music would actually be good!

Advertisement