Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things youth defence hates..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭Actor

Refering to equal marriage rights as gay "marriage" is, can you provide a valid reason for denying a section of the population civil rights? Because I've yet to hear one, and without that it's nothing more than homophobia dressed up as religious concern.

Ah right, so being for the welfare of children and against gay "marriage" is homophobia now? Whatever floats your boat.

MrPudding wrote: »
    @ Actor, would it be more accurate if we called it homodislike or homohatred? Would that more accurately fit your view?

Both terms are inaccurate. I'm against gays getting their hands on children, and I'm against sodomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Actor wrote: »
    Ah right, so being for the welfare of children and against gay "marriage" is homophobia now? Whatever floats your boat.

What are you bleating on about now? How does making marriage available equally impact the welfare of children?

Oh and yes being against gay marriage is homophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Has someone already said "secularism"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Both terms are inaccurate. I'm against gays getting their hands on children, and I'm against sodomy.
    Are you, by any chance, a rereg of crumilcum (or whatever his name was)?

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm against gays getting their hands on children

You should be more worried with Paedophiles getting their hands on children
    and I'm against sodomy.

And I'm against corn on pizza- but if two consenting adults want to have corn on a pizza I say let them:)

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Oh and yes being against gay marriage is homophobia (in my opinon).

FYP. Of course your opinion doesn't have any weight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

fact. that's what they hate.

"only 50% of women said they were prolife out of 100 so let's pretend we only asked fewer than 100 so it looks like a bigger %"

"let's put up pictures of stillborn fetuses and pretend they're aborted for shock value"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Oh and yes being against gay marriage is homophobia (in my opinon).

Denying equal rights to black people would be considered racism so denying equal rights to gay people is homophobia..... You just use it under the guise of religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

MrPudding wrote: »
    Are you, by any chance, a rereg of crumilcum (or whatever his name was)?

MrP

I had him on my ignore list. Another poster who foams at the mouth while they bash their keyboard and type with their elbows.

I say we need more of them! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

No, opinion doesn't carry a lot of weight in a debate. Facts on the other hand, do.

homophobia, n.
    1. (obsolete, individual occurrences) A pathological fear of mankind.
    2. Fear, dislike or hate of homosexuals.
    Denying someone equality because they are homosexual is by definition, homophobia. However, since the basis of your hostility towards gay marriage stems from your religious perspective, would you prefer the term bigotry instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Actor is a charming little bundle of joy and and wonder isn't he.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Refering to equal marriage rights as gay "marriage" is, can you provide a valid reason for denying a section of the population civil rights? Because I've yet to hear one, and without that it's nothing more than homophobia dressed up as religious concern.

It is if your basis of opposition is based on an irrational fear of homosexuals and there behaviour.

Do you have any rational fears for the welfare of children if homosexuals are allowed marry? I doubt it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Are you against sodomy between heterosexuals or is your dislike confined to homosexuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Actor is a charming little bundle of joy and and wonder isn't he.

I'm convinced he/she a troll. far too willingly ignorant.

I'm convinced he/she a troll. far too willingly ignorant.

A Youth Def spokesman, maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I'm against gays getting their hands on children
    What do you think they'll do to them? :confused:

Onixx wrote: »
    What do you think they'll do to them? :confused:

I'm guessing Actor is one of these people who equates gays with paedophiles :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm against gays getting their hands on children.

yeah, i'm so traumatised

old hippy wrote: »
    Are you against sodomy between heterosexuals or is your dislike confined to homosexuals?

Nope. Sodomy is sodomy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nope. Sodomy is sodomy.
    So, you've never had a blowjob?

My god I feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah, i'm so traumatised

Me too :(

Nope. Sodomy is sodomy.

And why do you not like it? Do you dislike oral sex, as well?

As an actor, you must encounter plenty of thesps - do you share your views with them, or confine them to the internet?

So, you've never had a blowjob?

My god I feel sorry for you.

i'm listening to "i cant get no satisfaction" at the moment
    i think that is apt :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i used to be part of youth defence as a kid and i found nothing like that there,they didnt have it actively in their teachings i just learned about first aid and that,how to deal with accidents etc..that was it for me really,wasnt there long to know about all the anti gay thing etc..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

You accuse YD of being "homophobic" (a fear of homosexuals), yet cite some "indymedia" and "broadsheet" articles - both heavily leftist in their editorial policies. You really ought to try harder if you're going to try to brand an organisation as being "homophobic".
    broadsheet is heavily leftist? i must have missed their articles calling for dismantling of the capitalist state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I suspect what Youth Defence people really hate is themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they don't want to enjoy their youth. hence the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

they don't want to enjoy their youth. hence the name.

They're all quite old and have held these beliefs for a long time. even if any of them changed their mind it would awkward for them at this stage.

And in the case of the groups employee's/leaders they would lose the stream of donations they're living off at a time when its very difficult to get a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

i used to be part of youth defence as a kid and i found nothing like that there,they didnt have it actively in their teachings i just learned about first aid and that,how to deal with accidents etc..that was it for me really,wasnt there long to know about all the anti gay thing etc..

You sure your not getting them mixed up with civil defence?

Advertisement