Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi PC on sale 4th Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Do-more wrote: »
    Do you know how many each branch will have tomorrow?

My next door neighbour works in an Aldi store and she said her shop has 4 machines today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Branch?

Thankfully d bro was able to pick one up in a store in Limk, he was told they only had 6 per store!
    Now to get it from Limk...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Branch?

Aldi on the Fonthill Road had 4 machines

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Cróga wrote: »
    Could you please check if it has Stereo Mix?... if you dont know how to find that right click the sound icon and click Recording Devices then you should see Stereo Mix and if not try right clicking to show disabled and disconnected devices to see if it comes up then.. would really much appreciate it... as i need a new pc but it must have stereo mix... thanks :)

Prob too late but I checked like you said and cannot see anything re stereo mixing so i dont think it has it. Someone else maybe able to answer better than me tho

• Advertisement

nellyshark wrote: »
    Prob too late but I checked like you said and cannot see anything re stereo mixing so i dont think it has it. Someone else maybe able to answer better than me tho

That is possibly due to Win 7
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpromedia/thread/73415150-ec9b-44ea-8119-a2ea4f901ca0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

so... verdict? anyone do any benchmarking/know what MB and PSU it has?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Right,

if the cover is removed, does that void the warranty?

And is SiSoftSandra any use as a software snapshot of components? Used it before but found it a bit hard to decipher. Device manager? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

MD8341
    E4355D

its an MSI MS7616 board with 1 x pci-express and 1 pci slot.
    its probably an OEM code

2 very short slots in between.

power supply is a FSP350-60EMDN

4 memory slots onboard, 2 in use

geforce 210 512mb ddr2
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    so... verdict? anyone do any benchmarking/know what MB and PSU it has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 leprechaun1916

What is the maximum memory I can put into those 4 slots, leaving in the 3 Gb that are already there? I was thinking of adding in at least another 1Gb if not 2Gb, was just wondering how far could you go on this machine?

Thanks

• Advertisement

What is the maximum memory I can put into those 4 slots, leaving in the 3 Gb that are already there? I was thinking of adding in at least another 1Gb if not 2Gb, was just wondering how far could you go on this machine?

Thanks

www.crucial.com is your mate there
    use internet explorer and allow it to scan your system,it will then report back as to what configurations the machine will take

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

you'd need to install the 64 bit os to be able to take advantage of any memory you install, to get over the 32 bit versions limitation of not being able to address more than 4gb of memory.
    The 64 bit version is supplied on the dvd,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

adcrawley wrote: »
    MD8341
    E4355D

its an MSI MS7616 board with 1 x pci-express and 1 pci slot.
    its probably an OEM code

2 very short slots in between.

power supply is a FSP350-60EMDN

4 memory slots onboard, 2 in use

geforce 210 512mb ddr2
    I have one.Is that a good board? And good power supply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 leprechaun1916

thanks for those replys, much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Using it now that Oldyouth Jnr. has given me a go at it. Happy out so far.
    My son queued at one of the Wexford stores and 10 people were ahead of him. They all went charging down the aisle and he went over to the side and asked an assistant who showed him where they were (not in the usual place:p)

oldyouth wrote: »
    Using it now that Oldyouth Jnr. has given me a go at it. Happy out so far.
    My son queued at one of the Wexford stores and 10 people were ahead of him. They all went charging down the aisle and he went over to the side and asked an assistant who showed him where they were (not in the usual place:p)
    how many were there in the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

how many were there in the store?
    2 stores in Wexford. I'm told there were 4 other PCs in the one in Clonard

oldyouth wrote: »
    2 stores in Wexford. I'm told there were 4 other PCs in the one in Clonard
    so they doubled their quantity from the last PC, but 4 just isnt enough. aldi for the fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

after the previous debacle with their PC offer, i couldnt care less how good the offer is im not interested! at the start of January, I got up at 8am drove in the snow and ice, get into the store and am told they only have 2 and they are gone! The first time I got a Medion from ALDI years ago, when they had very few branches, I had to go into Parnell St, again they were all gone before the store had even opened! Im not going to be stung a 3rd time!

nellyshark wrote: »
    Upon booting the pc i installed 64 bit but I dont rem seeing any email prog
    how do you do this. do you have to change the boot order to boot from the dvd with win 64. When i put win 64 in the disc tray it said not compatible with your version. Or do i have to reformat?

• Advertisement

iamskippy wrote: »
    how do you do thois. do you have to change the boot order to boot from the dvd with win 64. When i put win 64 in the disc tray it said not compatible with your version. Or do i have to reformat?
    full format of the HDD.

boot from cd/format Hdd/install 64bit

full format of the HDD.

boot from cd/format Hdd/install 64bit
    thanks for the fast reply - format twice? ok got it

well no just format once.

boot from cd/format Hdd/install 64bit.

I got it but cannot find the key for the 64 bit version. What were the keys on one is on pc. i went through the bin and packing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It uses the same key for both 32/64bit. Should be stuck to the computer itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I think 64 bit windows7 need 4GBs of ram minimum. This PC has only 3GBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

I think 64 bit windows7 need 4GBs of ram minimum. This PC has only 3GBs.

No it doesn't need 4GB - 2 would do fine. Rather, it's pointless to have 4GBs or more on x86 as it can't use it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

iamskippy wrote: »
    I got it but cannot find the key for the 64 bit version. What were the keys on one is on pc. i went through the bin and packing

Whats all this about keys? I *think* I just booted the cd and that was it, cant entirely remember tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Annoyed I missed this, was in the Claremorris and Castlebar Aldi's before 11am yesterday and there was no sign of any of them left. Looked like a good offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

nephster wrote: »
    No it doesn't need 4GB - 2 would do fine. Rather, it's pointless to have 4GBs or more on x86 as it can't use it all.

What difference does the 64bit make?

Advertisement