Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Areas wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how Vince is going to react to Caitríona's credit card bill!

I am sure she will talk him round and/or he will forgive her in quick time.
    His character is a bit of doormat, and even when he does stand up for himself he backs down fairly quickly.
    Any other fella would have cut and run from Catriona at this stage he reminds me of the fella who was married to Mrs Bucket in 'Keeping up appearances'.
    Roll of the eyes, shrug of the shoulders and puts up with it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I am sure she will talk him round and/or he will forgive her in quick time.
    His character is a bit of doormat, and even when he does stand up for himself he backs down fairly quickly.
    Any other fella would have cut and run from Catriona at this stage he reminds me of the fella who was married to Mrs Bucket in 'Keeping up appearances'.
    Roll of the eyes, shrug of the shoulders and puts up with it.

He should be lucky his kids never rang asking for money all the time, just the Buckets' son did.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I wonder though will he snap though? He's put up with a lot for the past while with her when her leg was broken, the childs first communion, her giving the house to Sorcha and the other lad and now the credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Who is Rose? Is she the lady that adopted Eanna?

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Who is Rose? Is she the lady that adopted Eanna?

I'm not sure to be honest.
    I had a look at the letter Bobbi Lee wrote to Alice (Rose's sister).
    h8OS24u.png

From the bits I can make out. Rose was a great help to Bobbi Lee, she wrote that she helped her a lot.
    She writes about putting her boy up for adoption, and then she met Rose who sorted out everything for her.
    Whether that means she adopted Eanna or just facilitated it, I don't know.

• Advertisement

That was a real tidy episode lots of good bits in it, nice overlaps knitted well together.
    The twist on Padraig's contract was a good one. It will be like WWF tag teams now Tadgh/Katy v Padraig/Dee.

Great idea it gives it a new dynamic. But when Tadgh finds out that Padraig is working with Dee...
    Plus there will be lots of episodes now of Padraig wondering why Dee is so into destroying Katy.

It was cleverly done and least it breathes some badly needed freshness into the storyline.

That was a real tidy episode lots of good bits in it, nice overlaps knitted well together.
    The twist on Padraig's contract was a good one. It will be like WWF tag teams now Tadgh/Katy v Padraig/Dee.

Great idea it gives it a new dynamic. But when Tadgh finds out that Padraig is working with Dee...
    Plus there will be lots of episodes now of Padraig wondering why Dee is so into destroying Katy.

It was cleverly done and least it breathes some badly needed freshness into the storyline.

I agree. Very good episode. I did feel a bit sorry for Padraig though!

Be interesting to see where it goes now. They will get another season finale out of it at this rate!

I have a feeling that Caitriona will encourage Maeve to star in the ad for her own means

branie2 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Caitriona will encourage Maeve to star in the ad for her own means

Did you not think that by some amazing coincidence the €5000 for Maeve in the advert covers her credit card debt which also was €5000?
    That made me laugh.

I thought it was a clever narrative to put into it, they even managed to tie in the untrustworthy Sorcha to the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

With Dee and Padraic supposedly in cahoots now I can see her giving herself away. He will see through her a little bit at a time and realise it was she who set up Katy so maybe he's in a good position to expose Dee. I can see them dragging it out til the season finale but it would actually be better if they did like Eastenders etc. and have an explosive Christmas storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

One thing I will say is I've zero sympathy for Padraig, he knew he would be fcuking over someone meant to be his friend who he believes is mentally ill too to make it worse

So while he's wrong, good in Tadgh for weeding out a rat.

I actually am sorry Katies child isn't Jason's cause Tadgh is obviously doing all he can to protect Katie as "the mother of his grandchild" which makes me a bit sad tbh :(

Why isn't Katie working on any plan on getting out of the hospital? She seems to be just sitting there doing nothing. If i were her I'd be hatching plan to get out and get revenge on Dee.
    Also, I'm so mad with Bernie for keeping that letter from Bobbi Lee. She has no right to do that.

One thing I will say is I've zero sympathy for Padraig, he knew he would be fcuking over someone meant to be his friend who he believes is mentally ill too to make it worse

So while he's wrong, good in Tadgh for weeding out a rat.

I actually am sorry Katies child isn't Jason's cause Tadgh is obviously doing all he can to protect Katie as "the mother of his grandchild" which makes me a bit sad tbh :(

The funny part is when they finally let the real story out to the community, Tadgh will want Katy banished/destroyed. Maybe Padraig will end up getting full ownership of the restaurant?

---

Also I don't think Charlie is finished with her plan to break Mo and and Colm up. That wink at the end by Charlie to Colm indicates she is playing the long game?

I had a look at the part of Alice's letter back to B. Ní Neachtain.
    Alice has kept Rose's diary and has more info for Bobbi Lee about her son and his family.
    There is something about a nice family and delight.

IpW8tAI.png

I tried to look at the other page of the letter (from the promo picture on the tg4 website)
    But the writing is not very clear.
    I am guessing, but I think it says "We don't know what is required for the family or Domhnail himself"

LcqqGTR.png

Judging by the end of yesterday's episode, i'd say that
    Andy already knows about his son

Finally Katie is playing the game to get out of hospital. Dee is definitely not happy at all with her progress.

Could somebody kindly remind me of the history between Adam and Fiach?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mac was on Ian Dempsey this morning taking on one of the quiz's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Finally Katie is playing the game to get out of hospital. Dee is definitely not happy at all with her progress.

judging by last night's episode I suspect Dee will restart her campaign to ruin Katy when she's out but now that Katy and Tadhg are wise to her she'll have to work harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Could somebody kindly remind me of the history between Adam and Fiach?

Adam used to go out with Niamh (O'Sheas daughter) back during his drug dealing days. Adam also took pictures of Niamh in compromising positions (sexy photos if you will) and blackmailed her with them in order to get her to sell/move some of the drugs. Fiach was good mates with Niamh and very protective of her, so when Niamh confessed all of this to Fiach he attacked Adam in the steet and made sure everyone who was about at the time knew what a little **** Adam was and turned everyone against him. That's more or less the general gist of it. Obviously Adam has come a long way since those days and has pretty much redeemed himself, but Fiach wasn't about for any of that self improvement and also has always had a bit of a holier than thou personality, hence all the animosity.

I'm sure we'll be reminded of some of this in upcoming episodes.

Loving that young people's house by the way. Should be some good craic with those 5 all living together.

• Advertisement

Padraig bocht.

Padraig bocht.

They have set it up well now for Padaig being the cause of the large orders for Gaudi in the past etc.
    Dee will be off the hook for a while it seems.

The Grainne pining for the little Indian fella looks like it will lead to an adoption story?
    I thought the funniest bit in the episode was the face David made when Grainne mentioned that she had Curry prepared.

The fella that acts as Nathan seems to be like a younger slightly edgier version of David. There seems to be a 'Father Dougal' head on him too.

Oh I didn't think about an adoption story. I was thinking that maybe she'd leave and go back to India again.

I thought Nathan would be a bit evil and be in with Andy but he really seems to have a soft spot for Bobbi-Lee.

Oh I didn't think about an adoption story. I was thinking that maybe she'd leave and go back to India again.

I thought Nathan would be a bit evil and be in with Andy but he really seems to have a soft spot for Bobbi-Lee.

I was thinking it wouldn't be the first time they had a foreigner in RnR. In season 1 they had Damita Dye - 'B movie star' from Peru. And Freddie Victor - the dodgy director from England. Both did not speak a word of Gaeilge.

They are getting some really strong performances from Seán Mistéal (David). The last few episodes have been well done. I particularly loved the bit in the last episode where Aine got the tenner from Malachai and would not be talked down to the the fiver.

I am paying close attention to the writers of the episodes now - the last one was written by Peadar Cox, and it was solid. Was wondering if any episodes I find flakey were down to the writers?
    Or was it just because they were trying to shoe horn a story into it? Like the Katy one where they had nowhere else to go with it?

I assume they are setting the Grainne story-line up for a robbery in India? Because a lot of emphasis was put on the bank card and David mentioned previously that 'it was not a place for woman on her own'.

On the writers thing, there's one writer I'm sure of who loves the term "kaibosh". There are certain episodes where the term will be used a few times and then not heard again for ages.

Peadar Cox is an excellent actor and used to be in Ros na Rún as Daniel.

It really annoys me how every now and again they seem to be going to get somewhere with the Katy/Dee storyline and then they don't mention it again for weeks. It could well be next year's season finale too at this rate!

It really annoys me how every now and again they seem to be going to get somewhere with the Katy/Dee storyline and then they don't mention it again for weeks. It could well be next year's season finale too at this rate!

It will all be sussed out on 40th year anniversary special, where a 16 year old Jay discovers the truth after his drunken auntie Dee has a nervous breakdown at his birthday party.
    Will the health system have improved enough in RnR by then?
    Who knows only time will tell...

• Advertisement

I saw there from the Christmas preview that Katy will be out of hospital and waging war on Dee, she's a great actress so I'm really looking forward to her scenes.
    Interesting as well that Mack opened up so much to Mo about Katy, I wonder will Mo figure out that Jay is Mack's son?

Advertisement