Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

leahyl wrote: »
    I do plenty of this during the year anyway! Lol

I like to say its the little thanks we get for organizing a fabulous Christmas /Easter/ generally doing everything gift ...

These regular "gifts" are ALWAYS "so cheap, it was nearly free"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha, great minds ;)

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    These regular "gifts" are ALWAYS "so cheap, it was nearly free"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha, great minds ;)

May start using that one ! I just normally go with any of the following

1) noooo sweety, it's not new I've had it for ages ! Why are you saying you never pay attention to what I wear ? (Conversation immediately ends :) )

2) it's not really a present for me if its for the house

3) no sweety you are never too old for anything pink/shiny/Disney related

* edit for appropriate gift !

Always works for me ;)

#3 for everything!!!!! Ah well, he knew what I was liked when he married me. TBH, I think he should be thanking his lucky stars every day that I instilled (forced) my love of Disney etc on him. His life would be boring otherwise :D

#3 for everything!!!!! Ah well, he knew what I was liked when he married me. TBH, I think he should be thanking his lucky stars every day that I instilled (forced) my love of Disney etc on him. His life would be boring otherwise :D

They just don't appreciate what they have until it's shown to them ! :D my oh came home to a new hot pink bedroom other day god love him he nearly died almost felt bad for him :eek: .... Almost :)

Do you know the Disney princess tree ornaments collection? You don't know if Disney store in Dublin continue this line every year ? I got some lovely ones in Paris and the year before last in Dublin store but didnt get up last year to check
    :( they go on my "good tree" in the kitchen ie away from small hands ;)

• Advertisement

I don't know, but I'm sure if you can't get them there, the .com site would probably carry them. They deliver here ;)

I don't know, but I'm sure if you can't get them there, the .com site would probably carry them. They deliver here ;)

I didn't know they delivered here! Awesome!! Thanks Hun x now I'm off to do some my shopping ! :D:D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I didn't know they delivered here! Awesome!! Thanks Hun x now I'm off to do some my shopping ! :D:D

I'm a woman of many talents!!! Check out retailmenot, I think I saw a 15% coupon there today. Have fun :D

I'm a woman of many talents!!! Check out retailmenot, I think I saw a 15% coupon there today. Have fun :D

You! Pack a bag and your Christmas tree your moving in with me ! :D

Just the kind of info every girl should know , many talents indeed ... Love it! ;)

It's officially the first day of autumn folks! Getting closer all the time ;):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's officially the first day of autumn folks! Getting closer all the time ;):D:D

some might disagree with you there! As in, some people think that August is still summer! I don't though, August has always been the beginning of Autumn for me ;)

some might disagree with you there! As in, some people think that August is still summer! I don't though, August has always been the beginning of Autumn for me ;)

Really?? I never heard anyone say that before! Well when I was in school August September and October were the autumn season anyway! :eek: :eek:

I shall be keeping it like that anyway because first of August I always associate with the start of bad weather and look forward to the evenings getting darker and cuddling up on the couch with a nice fire going :D maybe with a Christmas film on .... ;)

From Wikipedia:

In Ireland, the autumn months according to the national meteorological service, Met Éireann, are September, October and November.[3] However, according to the Irish Calendar, which is based on ancient Gaelic traditions, autumn lasts throughout the months of August, September, and October, or possibly a few days later, depending on tradition.

Interesting!

From Wikipedia:

In Ireland, the autumn months according to the national meteorological service, Met Éireann, are September, October and November.[3] However, according to the Irish Calendar, which is based on ancient Gaelic traditions, autumn lasts throughout the months of August, September, and October, or possibly a few days later, depending on tradition.

Interesting!

Thanks Leahyl ! Definitely interesting, but ill stick with my original. Think I'd go into shock if I had to wait another month for autumn to begin :eek:

Another couple of weeks and the Halloween stuff will be coming into shops ( unless its anything like around here and the Christmas stuff arrives in before Halloween stock!) :)

I'm suitably cold. I'm happy to say it feels like Autumn and my little lady was delighted when she went to my parents house yesterday to discover leaves have started to fall. She gathered the miserable 20 or so that were on the ground and we threw them at each other :) She is my way inclined, delighted from here on in!

I'm suitably cold. I'm happy to say it feels like Autumn and my little lady was delighted when she went to my parents house yesterday to discover leaves have started to fall. She gathered the miserable 20 or so that were on the ground and we threw them at each other :) She is my way inclined, delighted from here on in!

Awh! That sounds so cute like something right out of a film :) bless her :)

Happy to report the winter woolys are coming into stock in some of the larger stores here! My OH thought I was a bit mad to be so delighted to see a few winter coats and jumpers in :) he just doesn't understand ..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,291 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy to report the winter woolys are coming into stock in some of the larger stores here! My OH thought I was a bit mad to be so delighted to see a few winter coats and jumpers in :) he just doesn't understand ..... :D

Ya, I was going to post that later on.

Ya, I was going to post that later on.

Great minds ;)

Awh! That sounds so cute like something right out of a film :) bless her :)

Glitzgirl, SHE is like something out of a film - she is high drama 24/7 :D:D

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl, SHE is like something out of a film - she is high drama 24/7 :D:D

Aww! :) dont care I'd take it! 2 boys here ( and what's supposed to be an adult ;) ) so it's all Star Wars, dinosaurs, and jaws and Jurassic park on a constant loop :( Christmas is the only time we see eye to eye :) I've converted them alll (to the disgust of my OH ;) ) :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

However, according to the Irish Calendar, which is based on ancient Gaelic traditions, autumn lasts throughout the months of August, September, and October, or possibly a few days later, depending on tradition.

Interesting!
    Yeah, Irish Autumn is August, September and October- whereas over in the UK it's September, October and November. Which is just weird, because that means they class February as the winter instead of the spring. Freaks! :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Yeah, Irish Autumn is August, September and October- whereas over in the UK it's September, October and November. Which is just weird, because that means they class February as the winter instead of the spring. Freaks! :pac:

Really?! February is counted as winter? Those poor baby lambs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

X-factor promo video!

The count down begins :-)

I'm sorry but that's a rubbish ad :-P still excited about it coming back though!

Sitting down with the little lad, in warm wooly pjs watching the grinch for our family movie night, and it's miserable outside! Feeling so festive :D<3 it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Spent last night watching Fred Claus & doing some Christmas Knitting.

washiskin wrote: »
    Spent last night watching Fred Claus & doing some Christmas Knitting.

Oh can I ask what you were knitting ? :)

• Advertisement

I've noticed in a few supermarkets that they are selling off a lot of old grocery/non-grocery stock! I think they might be making room for Christmas stock!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement