Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options
  • 07-07-2015 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Haven't seen a thread yet for the 2017 ladies and seen as I am one I thought I would start it. We're fairly organised so far, venue booked, registrar booked as we are having a civil ceremony in the venue, band and photographer booked so all the big ones anyway. Felt a relief to get deposits down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

I'm 2017 Too,delighted to see a thread! We're finalising venue hopefully in the next few weeks, we had one picked and then had to pull out due to a few issues. So we've narrowed it down to 3, one i love and my fiance really likes, one he love s and I really like,then one we're viewing tonight! So I think either way we'll be happy at this stage. Want to book our humanist asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

We had one venue we wanted when we first got engaged but further research into it turned us off and we ended up going with a different one. Glad we did our research before jumping into anything. We were lucky we both loved our venue instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gemini32

I'm 2017 too :) venue is booked and just in the process of looking at bands ...I agree venue, band and photographer are the main things to have booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'm 2017 too but only want to start planning in a year, when I'll be finishing my masters. I can't believe you girls already have your venues booked and everything! I think I know where I want to have my wedding, but as it is abroad, we'll have to wait until I'm off work to visit it. Still plenty of time to choose though. :)

It's due to the fact I need facts and figures in front of me in order to save for it. I need to know how much I will be paying well in advance. Also places and people seem to book out well in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Totally agree that places book out early. For us it's a combination of wanting to know how much everything is so we can plan and save. Plus we're hoping to get our first choice on everything! I think we've found our venue, so I'm hoping to book that in the next few weeks,then get the celebrant. We've picked our band, so I think the Major things are nearly done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Meh, the few places I've been interested in haven't got any bookings for 2017 yet, despite being quite popular (and the one I want only opens for the summer season due to its location). They were even surprised that I was already contacting them to ask, when we were drawing up our budget! Maybe people's timeframes are different in different countries. I do have a verbal agreement with the one that we're most interested in, but I'm not signing anything without looking at it in the flesh! If we do go with that one, we've got the decoration, catering and next day barbecue sorted. :)
    I'm not too fussed anyway.

I don't want a band, the ceremony bit won't be legally binding (registry office here first), and I'll be making my own dress. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ae86chic

2017 bride here to Dec wedding just found our perfect venue amd one we both like but way cheaper how do I go about haggling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

ae86chic wrote: »
    2017 bride here to Dec wedding just found our perfect venue amd one we both like but way cheaper how do I go about haggling?

Would be unusual for them to reduce the price but they may throw in some extras. Ours certainly did. Make a list of what the other place have for their price and compare the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

2017 Bride here too. We are looking at June. Engaged since December 2014.

Have been looking around for a while nothing booked. We have a night away next Sunday is one of our top venues.

We went to a wedding show there and loved. Got a great deal and are meeting with the coordinator the next day.

Anybody any tips on venue and church bookings.

I'm in my final year of colleg this year that's we are 2017 otherwise would have loved to get married summer 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Another 2017 bride, we're April have venue booked and that's probably all we'll do for a while. Venue was the first one we viewed and fell in love, no others came close

Another 2017 bride, we're April have venue booked and that's probably all we'll do for a while. Venue was the first one we viewed and fell in love, no others came close

Do you mind me asking your venue? We are very open location wise and I can always go look at another venue haha

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We've our venue and celebrant booked for March 2017. Want to try get a band and photographer sorted by the end of the year and that'll be it for a while! Exciting!

We have our venue provisionally booked and the church date held too.

Want to get a band and photographer by end of year aswell.

Already have a cake in mind and who I would like to order it from.

People don't tell ya this planning a wedding and making decisions is hard work and a little stressful haha.

Yea I know who will make the cake so I'm
    Least worried about that. I also have a friend whose business is cards so she'll make the invitations.

There's just so much to think of but I think once we have the big things covered the rest should be easy!!

*should*

:D

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too once we pay the venue deposit and get the church confirmed, photographer and band booked I will be doing very little til next June! Going into my final year in my degree and will be way too busy with thesis and placements to think about it.

Then a year to dive into the planning! :D

That sounds like a good plan Jwacqui!! :)

We spent a bit of time researching photographers so I think we may have whittled it down!

Next big step is a band and I don't even know where to begin with that one!! Minefield!!

Venue, celebrant and photographer booked and deposits paid! 20 months and counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Ladies would you mind me asking where your venues, im just starting to look now for 2018, possibly 2017 and i need some inspiration.

Could you PM me?

Thanks

I've been trying to keep our guest list to 80 people..... we're not inviting family (apart from the obvious - parents and siblings) and we are already up to 106 guests :D

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    I've been trying to keep our guest list to 80 people..... we're not inviting family (apart from the obvious - parents and siblings) and we are already up to 106 guests :D

It's so hard. We have close family and friends and our list is about 130. Budget aswell is so hard to keep to aswell ugh!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    It's so hard. We have close family and friends and our list is about 130. Budget aswell is so hard to keep to aswell ugh!

it's so hard! I just thought of about 6 more people today! WAAAHH!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cailin_milis

Hi guys. Hope I can join in! Booked for July 2017. Just wondering if anyone has seen a band called Helter Skelter play at a wedding? Just looking for some up to date feedback! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Hermia

Aagh!! You guys seem so organised!
    We've set a date for July 2017 but since I'm a teacher and we're trying to buy a house at the mo, I was leaving planning til next summer when I'll be off!
    Am I mad?? Obviously looking around at venues we might like and dress styles and I've loads of ideas but nothing booked. ..

Hermia wrote: »
    We've set a date for July 2017 but since I'm a teacher and we're trying to buy a house at the mo, I was leaving planning til next summer when I'll be off!
    Am I mad?? Obviously looking around at venues we might like and dress styles and I've loads of ideas but nothing booked. ..

I'm in my final year of a teaching degree so I am planning venue, church, band and photographer before Christmas.

Next May when I graduate I will start planning the rest. We have the church booked and date in venue held we are going to the wedding fair next month and hopefully paying our deposit then.

My date is 23rd June 2017.

A lot of venues we looked at have dates booked up especially summer months and Friday and Saturday seem most popular.

I thought I was great looking so early to try spread the cost and save loads. wen going to wedding fairs and looking at all of what others have booked for 2017 and 18 it's crazy. a fee venues I looked at were booked already and I'm in December at off season!!
    that's 2 and a half yrs and it's already booking up. we have venue booked and deposit paid. church date held. band booked and deposit paid. I'm trying to get the cash together atm to book photographer as they are booking up fast and I need a bargain but good photographer so booking this early is saving us loads

hope this helps

I thought I was great looking so early to try spread the cost and save loads. wen going to wedding fairs and looking at all of what others have booked for 2017 and 18 it's crazy. a fee venues I looked at were booked already and I'm in December at off season!!
    that's 2 and a half yrs and it's already booking up. we have venue booked and deposit paid. church date held. band booked and deposit paid. I'm trying to get the cash together atm to book photographer as they are booking up fast and I need a bargain but good photographer so booking this early is saving us loads

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 confused1986

May 2017 bride here!!! Got church and hotel booked so far.. Band is our next to book, mix of old and young so gotta find one that pleases everyone any suggestions on Cork bands welcome!!

May 2017 bride here!!! Got church and hotel booked so far.. Band is our next to book, mix of old and young so gotta find one that pleases everyone any suggestions on Cork bands welcome!!

Any good wedding band worth their salt will cater to everyone. We booked bluemoose but that's cuz they are my favourite cover band. There's a thread on here about wedding bands. I'm also getting married in cork but most bands will travel. Should be included in the price.

• Advertisement

How are things coming along ladies? I'm trying not to think too much about it but my thoughts keep going towards little ideas and what I want and what I like :D

Advertisement