Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭clint123

Hi, anybody help at all ! my passport status online has gone from " been checked" to "been registered "... anybody got any idea how long it will be before I have the actuall passport in my hand ?..... any help at all would b great , tks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

clint123 wrote: »
    Hi, anybody help at all ! my passport status online has gone from " been checked" to "been registered "... anybody got any idea how long it will be before I have the actuall passport in my hand ?..... any help at all would b great , tks folks

I'm beginning to think this was a batch update of a rake of applications.
    Would you mind me asking what time it's giving for the last update to your status ?
    Mine says 7.45

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

I'm in similiar situation, status went like that at 7.45 this morning as well, is this a bit fishy?

Anyone know what stages are left after that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 davechops

Just found out my passport application cannot be processed on the tracking service page. Need passport by Monday the 5th.

So does anyone know what happens now? do I have to wait for old documents back? do I head to passport office in Dublin, just at minute they are not answering phones and have also emailed and faxed them.

Thanks for any advice or help

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

I'd go to the office if i were you David also get another set of Photos loads of people have there applications rejected because of incorrect photos

• Advertisement

will head down tomorrow will I need new form? also is the cue's still big what time would I need to be at office for?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Lynfo

I'm in similiar situation, status went like that at 7.45 this morning as well, is this a bit fishy?

Anyone know what stages are left after that one?

Same as this. 'Received on 12/03/2010 and has been registered.'

Last updated 7.45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 craigj

same situation with my sons passport:

....Received on 18/03/2010 and has been registered.

I thought it was a good thing but now I'm not so sure and of course nobody is answering the phone this morning.

davechops wrote: »
    will head down tomorrow will I need new form? also is the cue's still big what time would I need to be at office for?

If it's just incorrect photos you just need new photos, but if they're sending it back to you as rejected then you need to bring that documentation too. You won't need to get your photos signed again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anthonysgal

When tracking my renewed passport it says now "Recieved on 16/03/2010 and has been registered"
    Im booked on a flight for the 25th of April..will i get it in time????:cool:
    any advice would be much appreciated..

• Advertisement

When tracking my renewed passport it says now "Recieved on 16/03/2010 and has been registered"
    Im booked on a flight for the 25th of April..will i get it in time????:cool:
    any advice would be much appreciated..

There's just no way to know, unless you do as some others have done and email or phone constantly until you get a reply.
    I'm booked on a flight myself on April 23rd and am waiting on my daughters passport so everything crossed it comes in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VictoriaD

Lucky you. I submitted my application 1 week before you, travelling next week.. and still nothing :(

Your VERY Lucky, I live in the UK and need my passport to fly home to see my Son :( I complained about the Irish Embassy here in London (Absolutely appaling customer service) So i wrote a mail complaining and got a call from a manager the next morning at 8.30 A.M.

He was irrate and extremely unprofessional. I submitted my application personally on 8th March. Still no sign of it and no help as when i did try to track i got a reply from this manager.... And again VERY Unhelpful.

Now i wont be able to see my Son. Its a joke !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anthonysgal

Lynfo wrote: »
    There's just no way to know, unless you do as some others have done and email or phone constantly until you get a reply.
    I'm booked on a flight myself on April 23rd and am waiting on my daughters passport so everything crossed it comes in time.
    Thanks Lynfo..heres hoping!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

VictoriaD wrote: »
    Your VERY Lucky, I live in the UK and need my passport to fly home to see my Son :( I complained about the Irish Embassy here in London (Absolutely appaling customer service) So i wrote a mail complaining and got a call from a manager the next morning at 8.30 A.M.

He was irrate and extremely unprofessional. I submitted my application personally on 8th March. Still no sign of it and no help as when i did try to track i got a reply from this manager.... And again VERY Unhelpful.

Now i wont be able to see my Son. Its a joke !!!
    You do NOT need a passport to travel between Ireland and the UK. Ryanair insist on it, however Aer Lingus and most other carriers do not.

Check with the carriers to see their ID requirements. There's also a thread on this forum in relation to travelling between UK and Ireland without a passport.

Just found out my passport application cannot be processed on the tracking service page. Need passport by Monday the 5th.

So does anyone know what happens now? do I have to wait for old documents back? do I head to passport office in Dublin, just at minute they are not answering phones and have also emailed and faxed them.

Thanks for any advice or help

David

Whats going on :( checked online tracking it now says Received on 05/03/2010 and has been registered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

Yep. Mine has been put up online as being "REGISTERED" and my slip of paper from 2 weeks ago says that I can collect tomorrow, Tuesday the 30th. Hopefully these two events are going hand in hand.

Whats going on :( checked online tracking it now says Received on 05/03/2010 and has been registered.

They've done what looks like a bulk-update on the database. I Can't see that it means anything because so many people have had this status update

okay...just got thru on the lo-call #1890 426 888 ............spoke to the lady, she said could I please hold on...then I got cut off.:mad::mad:

okay...just got thru on the lo-call #1890 426 888 ............spoke to the lady, she said could I please hold on...then I got cut off.:mad::mad:

Keep me posted if you don't mind, I'm due out early next Tue morn so need passport by Thur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VictoriaD

You do NOT need a passport to travel between Ireland and the UK. Ryanair insist on it, however Aer Lingus and most other carriers do not.

Check with the carriers to see their ID requirements. There's also a thread on this forum in relation to travelling between UK and Ireland without a passport.

I am flying with Ryanair :(

• Advertisement

Keep me posted if you don't mind, I'm due out early next Tue morn so need passport by Thur.

Hi.

They aren't answering the phones. Apparently, Allegedly the phones are being diverted to the Dept of Foreign Affairs on St. Stephens Green. The lady there intimated that if my docket says the 30th then the 30th it is, though she could shed no light on the matter of it being "registered".

Unfortunately that's all I can do for the moment as the landline has been taken over by a family member and I really cannot afford to spend credit ringing a dead end.

However I am due in there tomorrow at some stage and will post results of my trip in this thread.

Cheers.

Sorry, cannot shed any light on the queue's but I will be there tomorrow and will post results here.

In the meantime, it transpires, from what I can gather, that the phones are not being answered.

The regular number is "off the hook".

The low-call is being diverted to the Dept. of Foreign Aff. up on Stephens Green.

They said that if you have a docket for collection that this will be most likely good to go.

However, like everything else, they cannot confirm it.

Any chance if a thread merge mods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

we sent off for 4 passports 3 came back on fri and a letter saying daighter forgot to sign the 4th one,,sent that off on fri and today status is saying
    Passport is printed and will issue no later than 19/03/2010:rolleyes:

Just checked again and time of website update has changed to 13.45

I sendmine in two weeks ago,, the status was " is recieved and been checked" and it has this last night aswell, but this morning I checked and status is now " is been registered" ...........so what does this mean ? I'll have it in the next few days ? or when ? the time it changed was 7.45

I sendmine in two weeks ago,, the status was " is recieved and been checked" and it has this last night aswell, but this morning I checked and status is now " is been registered" ...........so what does this mean ? I'll have it in the next few days ? or when ? the time it changed was 7.45...have just checked now,, says updated at 13.45 now

clint123 wrote: »
    I sendmine in two weeks ago,, the status was " is recieved and been checked" and it has this last night aswell, but this morning I checked and status is now " is been registered" ...........so what does this mean ? I'll have it in the next few days ? or when ? the time it changed was 7.45...have just checked now,, says updated at 13.45 now

I'm pretty sure there's an automatic process running that's updating the status.
    Also, it looks like it's scheduled to run every six hours.
    Later on tonight expect it to say "updated at 19: 45"

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to mean anything specific about your application.

long_b wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's an automatic process running that's updating the status.
    Also, it looks like it's scheduled to run every six hours.
    Later on tonight expect it to say "updated at 19: 45"

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to mean anything specific about your application.

So it's foolery to try and stall all the phonecalls then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

For those who have been tracking their passport application online - how long were you on 'registered' status before receiving your passport?

And does 'registered' mean approved or is there another status after 'registered'?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement