Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

I do Physchem, and so far the physics elements are easy. How you finding it? :)

Ye so far its easy enough:) does physchem have the same chapters as the physics course or it some sections :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 G_G

Consonata wrote: »
    Anybody here for TCD Open day or RCSI Open Day? They'll be really good I think. RCSI's generally are really hands on.

Definitely heading to TCD open day! I also went last year and it was a great experience, the professors were so helpful and gave a great insight into the various courses :D and I can say it was absolutely packed!
    Expecting no less from it this year, I just need to ensure I arrive as early as possible to have time to visit all the lectures I would be interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Consonata

G_G wrote: »
    Definitely heading to TCD open day! I also went last year and it was a great experience, the professors were so helpful and gave a great insight into the various courses :D and I can say it was absolutely packed!
    Expecting no less from it this year, I just need to ensure I arrive as early as possible to have time to visit all the lectures I would be interested in :)

I'll be coming from the west to it, getting the 7am train that morning ahaha. :pac: I'd imagine it'll be very interesting. The building is gorgeous as well

Also Welcome to Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

I'll be coming from the west to it, getting the 7am train that morning ahaha. :pac: I'd imagine it'll be very interesting. The building is gorgeous as well

Also Welcome to Boards!
    Have they released any more info like a schedule etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

kb98 wrote: »
    Have they released any more info like a schedule etc?

The website says that a schedule will be released closer to the date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 G_G

Also Welcome to Boards!

Haha thank you!! I'm so new to all of this, however I was visiting the site quite often during my exams last June and thought I should finally make an account :D

G_G wrote: »
    Haha thank you!! I'm so new to all of this, however I was visiting the site quite often during my exams last June and thought I should finally make an account :D

I've had a few accounts but then sometimes I stop using it and I forget the passwords and stuff :L Boards is great.

What time do you think you'll get in at? I'll be trying to get in for 11 or the very beginning so I don't miss too much.

What time do you think you'll get in at? I'll be trying to get in for 11 or the very beginning so I don't miss too much.

It starts at 9am I think, and I live in the city. I'd probably get there at 8:45 so I can go to all my desired courses.

I'm dying to see what sort of lectures they have on. They probably will be class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Need to book my train before it gets too expensive :rolleyes:

Same, Trains are lovely though, prefer it so much to a bus

Same, Trains are lovely though, prefer it so much to a bus

Train to Dublin from where i live is €15, bus is €5

On my student card, bus to Dublin is 30, but a nearby train is 22#worthit

I will probably end up taking the train anyway, either way i will still have to go on the luas :/

I will probably end up taking the train anyway, either way i will still have to go on the luas :/

Its here! Heres the Event guide for the TCD Open Day! http://www.tcd.ie/study/assets/pdf/TCD-Open-Day-2014-Event-Guide.pdf

Its here! Heres the Event guide for the TCD Open Day! http://www.tcd.ie/study/assets/pdf/TCD-Open-Day-2014-Event-Guide.pdf

Nice times!

Should be able to attend all the talks I want :)

Wear a sticker with your boards names on your heads guys and I'll stalk you all from afar ;)

Beca19 wrote: »
    Wear a sticker with your boards names on your heads guys and I'll stalk you all from afar ;)

Among the hundreds, a few boardsies like us will be lurking, patiently stalking our prey.

• Advertisement

Among the hundreds, a few boardsies like us will be lurking, patiently stalking our prey.

Sounds about right :D

We travel in packs, seeking fellow boardsies :L

Came home with second and third place in martial arts nationals, cuffed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JohnathanB

Hey guys, joined this site back in 3rd year but forgot my username x) how's everyone finding 5th year?

JohnathanB wrote: »
    Hey guys, joined this site back in 3rd year but forgot my username x) how's everyone finding 5th year?

It's grand I think

I don't mind 5th year at all. Everything is that bit more interesting to learn about than in Junior Cert. So much in JC Science was oversimplifyied to the point that it was almost lies. :L But now we are more "mature" we get into the meat of all the subjects.

I don't mind 5th year at all. Everything is that bit more interesting to learn about than in Junior Cert. So much in JC Science was oversimplifyied to the point that it was almost lies. :L But now we are more "mature" we get into the meat of all the subjects.

+1 On that.

It's mind boggling with how little detail there is in JC science. I'm willing to fork monies that getting 100% on the science paper of any year is possible for anyone who enjoys the fifth year sciences and has common sense.

I know! JC science was way too simple.. I'm doing Biology and Chemistry and love them! Though there is a lot to learn :o what subjects are you doing? :)

I know! JC science was way too simple.. I'm doing Biology and Chemistry and love them! Though there is a lot to learn what subjects are you doing?
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    Biology
    Physics
    History
    Music

How about you?

• Advertisement

English
    Irish
    Maths
    French
    Biology
    Physics
    History
    Music

How about you?
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Home Ec
    Ag science
    French
    Business
    I'm sitting my irish and maths at the end of this year so next year I'll only have 7 :)

Advertisement