Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

This post has been deleted.

Good to hear. I havent tested it, too busy installing Mango :D:D Looks like its going to take a white though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

DjFlin wrote: »
    Good to hear. I havent tested it, too busy installing Mango :D:D Looks like its going to take a white though.

Creating a backup takes a lot longer than I would have thought! Do you have a developer licence?

EDIT: It took 859.62 seconds to complete the backup! I should have removed the music files first :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Righto specific to the LG BargainAlerts 7 can anyone tell me how to actually change the homepage on IE from vodafone.de?

mayordenis wrote: »
    Righto specific to the LG BargainAlerts 7 can anyone tell me how to actually change the homepage on IE from vodafone.de?

Use the MFG tool to edit this registry setting:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    “Start Page”=”http://www.google.ie/”

• Advertisement

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Creating a backup takes a lot longer than I would have thought! Do you have a developer licence?

EDIT: It took 859.62 seconds to complete the backup! I should have removed the music files first :D

I reset my phone completely before doing it, took about 400 seconds to do the backup.

I reset my phone completely before doing it, took about 400 seconds to do the backup.

I didn't want to have to setup my phone again and thankfully everything works the way it did before. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Odd, I'm not getting any update notification. Does it have chat?

I don't think they'll bother with facebook chat in the facebook app since I believe Mango will have facebook chat integrated into the messaging app. Or is it just the facebook messaging service they're integrating? I'm not sure.
    I didn't want to have to setup my phone again and thankfully everything works the way it did before. :)

Congrats both of ye on getting Mango! So will ye be abiding by the terms of your Non Disclosure Agreement, or will ye be dishing the dirt on boards? :D Mango, in my mind, will be the finishing touch on one of the best mobile OSs I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

The Facebook app got a quiet update to version 2.0 this morning and brings with it live tiles and push notifications; even better you can specify what kinds of notifications you want or not.

If WP7 wasn't the ultimate Facebook platform before I think it would be safe to say it is now ;-)

Who will need a Facebook app when mango comes? :)

Congrats both of ye on getting Mango! So will ye be abiding by the terms of your Non Disclosure Agreement, or will ye be dishing the dirt on boards? :D Mango, in my mind, will be the finishing touch on one of the best mobile OSs I've ever used.

I unofficially installed it ;) on my phone so I've not agreed to any Non Disclosure Agreement but I'll tell you one thing everything seems to update and run a lot smoother which is hard to do considering it already ran a smooth as butter! :D

I love the groups, I've setup a couple and they work great, one for "The Lads" one for "Family" and one for "Office" and aonther for the "Chicks". The MSN messenger works great and I love that you can search your online mail for historic emails that aren't on your phone!

Xbox live looks and works a lot lot better as well. :D

It's keeping me away from my real job!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I unofficially installed it ;) on my phone so I've not agreed to any Non Disclosure Agreement but I'll tell you one thing everything seems to update and run a lot smoother which is hard to do considering it already ran a smooth as butter! :D

I love the groups, I've setup a couple and they work great, one for "The Lads" one for "Family" and one for "Office" and aonther for the "Chicks". The MSN messenger works great and I love that you can search your online mail for historic emails that aren't on your phone!

Xbox live looks and works a lot lot better as well. :D

It's keeping me away from my real job!! :o

Oh cool, are any of the twitter or messaging services working? ie can you send facebook messages in the same way you can send a text?

Oh cool, are any of the twitter or messaging services working? ie can you send facebook messages in the same way you can send a text?

I've only been using the MSN for sending messages but I just tried turning on facebook chat in the messaging settings and I'm getting an error. I'll mess about more with it later and report back.

Who will need a Facebook app when mango comes? :)

It works so well in the Mango build and its Fast!! :D

EDIT: In other words you won't need the app any more, facebook links in extremely well. I just need to get the chat working

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Hi just got the lg optmius e900 from germany, will one of them socket adapters you bring on holidays to spain work in the charger.

ta

wait or they the wrong way around,

a friend said i can plug in the charger, like the old 2 pin into the 3 pin

I unofficially installed it ;) on my phone so I've not agreed to any Non Disclosure Agreement but I'll tell you one thing everything seems to update and run a lot smoother which is hard to do considering it already ran a smooth as butter! :D/QUOTE]

I got mine officially because I've a Student Dev account.

So far, Facebook Chat is amazing. Its so seamless, and the connection hasnt dropped at all.

Twitter integration doesnt actually work yet though, it just says "Coming Soon".

I'll have more to say after I play around with it.

Quick Update:

Bing has some cool new features. My favorite is Audio, it listens to whatever is playing around you, then tells you what the song is, and links you to the marketplace.
    Zune also has the SmartDJ feature now, it builds playlists based on the songs you've selected, which really rocks.

So far, these are my two favorite features of Mango. Unfortunately, you cant use them if you've an Irish account. Which is why, once again, I'm using my American one. Much more features in it.

So far, Facebook Chat is amazing. Its so seamless, and the connection hasnt dropped at all.

Thats the problem, its too good. I never really used it that much before but I've been using it all day, love the way the whole messaging system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just got my Optimus to the door today, delighted, its class.

@AntiVirus

After reading your guide on how to unlock the phone in the bargain alert thread. It says "DeveloperUnlockState" should equal 1, mine equals a big number. Any ideas? Should I just set it to 0 anyway??#

Thanks, you've been very helpful so far.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Just got my Optimus to the door today, delighted, its class.

@AntiVirus

After reading your guide on how to unlock the phone in the bargain alert thread. It says "DeveloperUnlockState" should equal 1, mine equals a big number. Any ideas? Should I just set it to 0 anyway??#

Thanks, you've been very helpful so far.

Just set it to 1 and it will work fine, make sure you switch to DWORD. Any trouble let me know, once unlocked you'll be able to install the Mango beta to see the BIG difference! :D

LG Optimus Unlocking

1. Open the MFG app and use the password 277634#*# to open it.
    2. Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry
    3. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    4. Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"
    5. Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD
    6 .Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1
    7.Keep this screen open and read below

Zune will relock your phone when you connect to it so do the following to keep your phone unlocked after you have done the above:

1. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3. Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to DWORD
    4. Clear your input data box and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    5. Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1. Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
    2. Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"
    3. Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to DWORD
    4. Clear your input data box and hit SET. Output result should be 0
    5. Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.
    6. Reboot and sync. Your LG Optimus 7 should stay unlocked.

All done :-)

i bought angry birds in the market place,, but putting in my visa details i had to use an english post code for it to work.

phone region is set to ireland.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cuppa wrote: »
    i bought angry birds in the market place,, but putting in my visa details i had to use an english post code for it to work.

But is your live account set to Ireland?

I can purchase fine with my Irish card and address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

so when is mango being rolled out in ireland? the microsoft website said meteor was doing it now

If you set up your windows live id as locality to england therefore it will require an english address (postcode) to avail setting up credit card details. Hopefully with Nokia on board we will get add on billing to the statement rather than using credit cards.

ok another question i connect to my wifi at home,but some time i like to do a bit of browsing when im out, i have no idea how to connect to vodafone live on the 99cents a day.
    I am payg on double top up.

my hotmail is hotmail.com and i think its set to ireland cant see anything in profile on the pc to change.

all the prices show up in pounds in the marketplace and not in euro ,can that be changed too

sparks24 wrote: »
    so when is mango being rolled out in ireland? the microsoft website said meteor was doing it now
    You must be confusing Mango and Nodo. Nodo is currently being rolled out (Everyone should have it by now though). Mango on the other hand is scheduled for release later in the year.
    ok another question i connect to my wifi at home,but some time i like to do a bit of browsing when im out, i have no idea how to connect to vodafone live on the 99cents a day.

Go to Settings -> Mobile Network (Or Cellular if your phone is set to American Engish) -> Data Connection -> On

You might also like to make sure 3G Connection is enabled, as it will provide better browsing speeds.

Also, Vodafone now let you get:

Free Calls and Texts to Vodafone plus free Internet
    or
    Free Texts to any network plus free Internet

When you top up by €20 euro. All you have to do is send a free text to sign up. I've linked it below

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/prepaidoffers/freecallstxtinternet/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I bought some stuff on my Irish windows live account and I don't want to set up a US account just for the extra bing features :o

Will they eventually be brought over here?

my hotmail is hotmail.com and i think its set to ireland cant see anything in profile on the pc to change.

all the prices show up in pounds in the marketplace and not in euro ,can that be changed too

You probably have set up your account for England. No way to change it. Only way is to start a new one. Or try your luck with cc. You can get a new email and just set up your old one as a separate account. Once mango comes u can link them together :)

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I bought some stuff on my Irish windows live account and I don't want to set up a US account just for the extra bing features :o

Yes, eventually.

By "Yes" I mean "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH", and by "eventually" I mean "No"

Ireland is too small a demographic to invest in, they'd probably never be able to make a profit bringing those features out here.

Trevor451 wrote: »

Yes, eventually.

By "Yes" I mean "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH", and by "eventually" I mean "No"

Ireland is too small a demographic to invest in, they'd probably never be able to make a profit bringing those features out here.

Not unless all the salesmen in the country in shops start selling windows phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

It's a real pity. I'd love a Zune Pass. :)

• Advertisement

Not unless all the salesmen in the country in shops start selling windows phone :)

I'm not even sure if that'd do it. Microsoft have to pay to be able to distribute music and use services like the voice recognition (Which is done by an outside company, not in-house).

The problem lies with the fact that Ireland has a max potential of around 5 million customers. Take out all the people who dont have phones, then all the people who buy Android/IOS/Blackberry/Etc, and you're not left with much.

The costs to provide the services will outweigh the profits if they were to bring them out here.

If WP7 takes off, and becomes the dominant Phone OS in the UK, USA and other big places, MS might consider expanding, until then, we're left out to hang.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement