Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sundrive Track League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

SERCPRO wrote: »
    I'm bringing a hot bottle and fleece blanket for next week. ;)
    please do, that will guarantee great weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I'm bringing a hot bottle and fleece blanket for next week. ;)

This is the back-up plan if Adidas don't send my hot pants on time. Sleeping bag is also tempting. Embrocation isn't working.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Blankies ahoy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

League results so far are up on the site:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~mcnallyswordscc/Sundrive/2013_SummerLeagueResult.pdf

Feeling the pressure now, I have never been not the last person before, fair play to all I recognise on there, the boardsies are doing well across the board.

Me neither. No pressure then! I am gonna have to rustle up some more of that beginners luck from somewhere :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

CramCycle wrote: »
    League results so far are up on the site:
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~mcnallyswordscc/Sundrive/2013_SummerLeagueResult.pdf

Feeling the pressure now, I have never been not the last person before, fair play to all I recognise on there, the boardsies are doing well across the board.

You'd wanna watch now, any more excellent performances and you might find yourself promoted to Bs leader.
    gadetra wrote: »
    Me neither. No pressure then! I am gonna have to rustle up some more of that beginners luck from somewhere :pac:

Very nicely done. No luck involved. Think of how much you'll be able to improve now.

You'd wanna watch now, any more excellent performances and you might find yourself promoted to Bs leader.

Very nicely done. No luck involved. Think of how much you'll be able to improve now.

Aw thanks, not at all true but I'll take it! The biggest improvement in me will possibly come when I finally grow those testicles I have been talking about :D

Aw thanks, not at all true but I'll take it! The biggest improvement in me will possibly come when I finally grow those testicles I have been talking about :D

Doping is not permitted.

Doping is not permitted.

Damn. Though they have yet to appear in the morning when I wake up so I should be ok so far. Must stop praying to the two hairy round gods in the sky so :pac:

There were far stronger than me there last week, my current heights are a mere discrepancy of less people the first night. Either way there will be no sandbagging this Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭SERCPRO

Damn ....I'm going to ask Lance if he'll accept a refund !
    I see that I'm not worthy of being a Sundrive rider :(

Are you still down as the previous team though?

Yep, I'm still down under my previous team ! I suppose I can only be inducted when I get the cub gear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

There's a few people there with the wrong club to their names.

Just flicked through there. You're right.

May have copied and pasted from last year

Looking forward to Wednesday already. The weather doesn't look too bad .

Likewise. Still unclear as to whether or not I'll be recovered enough to race, but if not, I'll at least show up to spectate.

Likewise. Still unclear as to whether or not I'll be recovered enough to race, but if not, I'll at least show up to spectate.

Are you not feeling the may west ?

Me too. I have a feeling I'm gonna be feicked from tonight on Wednesday again. But it's all good isn't it?!! (Damn Hugh's whistle. It is impossible not to bust yourself. I am gonna try tonight tough. I need Wednesday legs!)

• Advertisement

Are you not feeling the may west ?

Crashed (or more accurately, was taken out) in the Kanturk 3 Day, am suffering with a sprained thumb and some bruised ribs.

Crashed (or more accurately, was taken out) in the Kanturk 3 Day, am suffering with a sprained thumb and some bruised ribs.

Damn! Sorry to hear that :( Get well soon .

Damn! Sorry to hear that :( Get well soon .

Ah, I'm ok. Hauling on the bars and hard efforts are rough on the chest, as is anything that causes breathing too deeply, but it could be worse!

As looks a bit one sided.

Me too. I have a feeling I'm gonna be feicked from tonight on Wednesday again. But it's all good isn't it?!! (Damn Hugh's whistle. It is impossible not to bust yourself. I am gonna try tonight tough. I need Wednesday legs!)
    last monday we did alot of sprints, its a good idea to get some extra protein intake during the 48hrs afterwards, especially the 60mins straight after.

rain has cleared over Dublin now, theres a risk of some patches after 6pm but it should be mostly dry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Was going to go. Then got called into a late meeting. Then thought it would be rained off, so didn't mind too much. Now looking wistfully out window...

Had also planned on going to training tonight. Maasive workload means more roller sessions.

Ditto, 5 minutes ago, I got asked was I too busy to hang around for a few hours for priority work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Same here - in work late and knackered as having to do the work of 2 people due to half the group pulling a sickie.

Quick questions, what is this race in the list:
    Ik hcap (scr at big gate)

I presume it means a 1k handicap but how does that work on a 460m track? or am I a bit stupid today?

• Advertisement

Ugh, it's an odd one. People are placed at different points of the track according to strength, weakest furthest forward, past finish line or even a half lap up. Strongest usually by back gate. Then you're off for two laps. It's very, very difficult to win if you're the stronger, as 1k isn't much to catch them.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Quick questions, what is this race in the list:
    Ik hcap (scr at big gate)

I presume it means a 1k handicap but how does that work on a 460m track? or am I a bit stupid today?

The faster guys do the full 1k starting at the beginning of the home straight. The slower ones do a bit less with some maybe doing exactly 2 laps

Brilliant, thanks for the info, I thought it was some weird version of the Hare and Hound, this sounds much worse (or better) :Big Grin:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

My handicap will be so large, I'll be starting right behind you :pac:

The hare and hound is the two groups isn't it? Essentially like a handicap scratch race?

C-Shore wrote: »
    The hare and hound is the two groups isn't it? Essentially like a handicap scratch race?

Precisely.

Precisely.

It's almost better to be the hare as you get to test your mettle against the big boys when they catch you.

Tough night. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Very much so, warm up was a good idea but my legs were gone by the third. The guy in red white and blue stripes is a beast.

Had to go and apologise to the young LCRC rider after the race. Guy pulled up and the second in line slowed. LCRC guy slowed enough but I didn't see it till I had tapped his wheel. Both were fine but I should have reacted better

Yeah, Kraftwerk guy was killing it. He was there before so I was wondering where he was hiding it.

I was standing around between races three and four and was in absolute agony until lap three of the race when my legs finally warmed up. I'm gonna have to start bringing rollers.

Yup I had loads of fun, despite coming no where! I have a variety of excuses to trot out but I mainly need to get better! I did better at getting closer to people and didn't go off the track this week. Testicular development remains pitifully absent!

You guys were flying, well done :D

Kraftwerk guy is an animal! Fair play to him

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

T'was positiely balmy tonight compared to last week.

It was noted that CramCycle eased off towards the end of the evening in a vain attempt to evade promotion to Group B - the backhander may have worked last week, but the "facilitators" this week could not be bought (not once I had paid them off anyway!):pac:

Yup I had loads of fun, despite coming no where! I have a variety of excuses to trot out but I mainly need to get better! I did better at getting closer to people and didn't go off the track this week. Testicular development remains pitifully absent!

You guys were flying, well done :D

It takes time. You're only really three days of racing in. Look up some interval sessions :)

Cram in Bs?

As is way more tactical than Bs, I got caught out on last lap. Forgot to check under my arm to see who was there... Everyone!

Actually one thing annoyed me. Two guys were put in with the ladies because they hadn't won any points before. They had both raced before, just not won any points. I think that's really sexist and unfair, I mean where do the women go if they haven't won any points, the juniors? It's the exact same thing. I really didn't like that, and I say that as someone with no chance of winning anything! If a woman starts on track she goes in the lady C's. She does not get a nice easier, slower group to ride in. A guy gets to go into our group. No fair. And saying it was about numbers is bull. There were only 14 men C's. There are more B's!
    To conclude, it is sexist and unfair. I wasn't the only one who thought that either.

Well done to all. Some great performances from all with approximately 80 signed on. Thanks to all who organised.

Actually one thing annoyed me. Two guys were put in with the ladies because they hadn't won any points before. They had both raced before, just not won any points. I think that's really sexist and unfair, I mean where do the women go if they haven't won any points, the juniors? It's the exact same thing. I really didn't like that, and I say that as someone with no chance of winning anything! If a woman starts on track she goes in the lady C's. She does not get a nice easy, slower group to ride in. A guy gets to go into our group. No fair. And saying it was about numbers is bull. There were only 14 men C's. There are more B's!
    To conclude, it is sexist and unfair. I wasn't the only one who thought that either.

Best to talk to the organisers about it. There's a logic to it but I'd let them explain it. I'd rather not get into a political discussion here tbh considering how generally positive every one's experiences have been so far.

Best to talk to the organisers about it. There's a logic to it but I'd let them explain it. I'd rather not get into a political discussion here tbh considering how generally positive every one's experiences have been so far.

No no I don't want to get political at all, if it is on ability it makes sense and most of the time it is. I would still say it has been uber positive, I am loving it anyway. If there are reasons they should be explained. Otherwise it looks like, well you know *dodges the political bullet* :pac:

No no I don't want to get political at all, if it is on ability it makes sense and most of the time it is. I would still say it has been uber positive, I am loving it anyway. If there are reasons they should be explained. Otherwise it looks like, well you know *dodges the political bullet* :pac:

In fairness to the guys they've made a lot of effort to encourage women to get involved. Someone can confirm when there were enough ladies for a group of their own, but when I started three years ago we were all together and I could count the ladies on two hands. In fact, the ladies specific course I mentioned to you before is being run by the same people who made the decision tonight.

Nice to see Melanie Spath there tonight too.

I took some pics this evening. I'll try and upload them at some stage amarach.

• Advertisement

I took some pics this evening. I'll try and upload them at some stage amarach.

****, I thought I saw flashes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement