Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Green Arrow costume for the final season

arrow_16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

SDCC trailer. It's like a greatest hits from all seasons, very good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The big question about the last season...
    Will will see Oliver die ?

Everything learned from Comic Con Panel

https://www.reddit.com/r/arrow/comments/cfxleq/spoilers_everything_we_learned_about_season_8/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

-The crossover is in episode 8, which means that 'Arrow' gets to have its own independent finale.

-This season is a lot more episodic...the episodes leading up to the crossover are like self-contained mini-movies.

-Amell will play multiple versions of Oliver in COIE.

-A LOT of Oliver and Diggle this season.

-Season 8 will be a bit like a 'buddy cop' movie between Oliver and...someone, but not the Monitor.

-We'll see Rene like we've "never seen him before" in the premiere. Also we get to see the start of his political career, and a rift with Zoe.

-Dinah's still the SCPD Captain and trying to figure out how the team goes on without Oliver.

-We get to see a "new version of Laurel", whatever that means!

-There's a lot more story to be told with Diggle, in the present-day and with his kids in the future. Also, the possibility of David Ramsey getting a power ring still exists...

-Katie Cassidy will direct episode 3.

-Sussana Thompson is back for the premiere (we already kinda knew that, but now its official).

-We see Oliver doing the salmon ladder in the premiere.

-There are a LOT of familiar faces returning, beyond what we already know.

-The season is a tribute and a love letter to the history of the show, and a lot of iconic moments get referenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CW version of Birds of Prey maybe.

Arrow spinoff

The CW Sets ‘Arrow’ Spinoff Starring Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy & Juliana Harkavy As Backdoor Pilot
    The CW is moving forward with another Arrow spinoff headlined by Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy reprising their Arrow roles in the new superhero series.

The new offshoot, which was teased at TCA by the CW boss Mark Pedowitz, will center around Mia Smoak, known as Green Arrow, and the Canaries Laurel Lance and Dinah Drake.

The project, which comes from Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros Television, is being set up as a backdoor pilot that will air as episode from the upcoming eighth and final season of Arrow. It will be written by Beth Schwartz, Marc Guggenheim, Jill Blankenship and Oscar Balderrama.

The CW’s The Flash also originally was developed as an Arrow planted spinoff before a decision was made to turn it into a standalone pilot.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/the-cw-sets-arrow-mia-smoak-spin-off-katherine-mcnamara-katie-cassidy-and-juliana-harkavy-1202743492/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"We don't want Amanda Waller or Deadshot in the tv shows because it'll confuse people watching the movie"
    "Let's make a tv series with the exact same name as an upcoming DC movie"

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "We don't want Amanda Waller or Deadshot in the tv shows because it'll confuse people watching the movie"
    "Let's make a tv series with the exact same name as an upcoming DC movie"

Yeah I don’t see them using Birds of Prey especially with the movie coming out. It will probably have Canary in the name somehow seeing as there is two canaries. Can’t see them having a show where Dinah and Laurel will have old people makeup the whole time. Unless it’s showing the setting up of the Canary network as flashbacks with it being set in the future with Mia and having old Laurel and Dinah show up the odd time with both of them showing up more in the flashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

didnt watch most of the last part of arrow was Laurel in the flashforwards? i know dinah was.

Maybe im guessing somehow oliver with the monitor makes a deal to send his daughter back in time to save the future to avoid old person make up which wasnt much for dinah when i seen it

sky88 wrote: »
    didnt watch most of the last part of arrow was Laurel in the flashforwards? i know dinah was.

Maybe im guessing somehow oliver with the monitor makes a deal to send his daughter back in time to save the future to avoid old person make up which wasnt much for dinah when i seen it
    She showed up for like 2 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Back on Sky One on Wednesday October 30th at 8pm

Good episode and looks like they are going all out for Crisis

As has been pointed out, that ending
    Means popular Flash characters are likely dead, unless they were able to slide. Harry Wells and Jesse Quick.
    I know it had to be done somehow, but was very Avengers snap like.

Also someone was saying that Earth 2 is a lot different from the one we've seen on The Flash

As has been pointed out, that ending
    Means popular Flash characters are likely dead, unless they were able to slide. Harry Wells and Jesse Quick.
    I know it had to be done somehow, but was very Avengers snap like.

Also someone was saying that Earth 2 is a lot different from the one we've seen on The Flash

Yeah
    Starling city in Earth 2 looks a lot different compared to Central City which looks a lot like how Earth 3 Central City. Another thing, wasn’t Robert Queen the Green Arrow in Earth 2

Yeah
    Starling city in Earth 2 looks a lot different compared to Central City which looks a lot like how Earth 3 Central City. Another thing, wasn’t Robert Queen the Green Arrow in Earth 2
    That's just it. They had already built alternate storylines for Earth 2. And what was the Monitor's plan. Like he wanted the dwarf star yet didn't turn up to get Ollie when he got hat he wanted?

That's just it. They had already built alternate storylines for Earth 2. And what was the Monitor's plan. Like he wanted the dwarf star yet didn't turn up to get Ollie when he got hat he wanted?
    Guggenheim tweeted that multiple people wore the hood on Earth 1, so what’s to say Earth 2 wasn’t the same. Robert could have been the hood, got arrested (as mentioned in Flash Season 2), died and Chase became the new Hood. In relation to the monitor, he probably knew the anti matter wave was coming so decided to leave Oliver to his own devices knowing that he had a way out. I’m assuming he is using Oliver to get items like dwarf star that will be needed for the Crisis. Thing is, doesn’t Ray have a huge supply of dwarf star from when the Legends were in Ancient Japan and found a huge supply of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

Good episode.
    Visiting a different earth every episode until the crossover could be great fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The alternative earth bits are good but I can't be alone in finding the 2040 segments very boring.

pah wrote: »
    Good episode.
    Visiting a different earth every episode until the crossover could be great fun.

They have confirmed that this will be the only time they will visit another Earth. Most of the season will have Oliver travelling to places he was before like Hong Kong and Russia. He will hardly be in Star City

https://tvline.com/2019/10/16/the-flash-earth-two-destroyed-arrow-season-8-premiere/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

They have confirmed that this will be the only time they will visit another Earth. Most of the season will have Oliver travelling to places he was before like Hong Kong and Russia. He will hardly be in Star City

https://tvline.com/2019/10/16/the-flash-earth-two-destroyed-arrow-season-8-premiere/

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

ixoy wrote: »
    The alternative earth bits are good but I can't be alone in finding the 2040 segments very boring.

Found them awful last season, thought the first episode was very good bar those flash forwards. They are like short web episodes that are only for hardcore fans to watch away from the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2040 stuff is stupid JJ as that character makes no sense he should have been a yellow red or orange guy not someone he has nothing to do with. His dad definitely didn't have any origin with who he is so just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loved the mask on lian yu

The future parts are basically just padding out the season with a drawn out pilot for the spinoff.
    That and making sure we all know the Crisis doesn't change anything.

So did Cisco just happen to share all information about parallel earths and breaching tech with the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The future parts are basically just padding out the season with a drawn out pilot for the spinoff.
    That and making sure we all know the Crisis doesn't change anything.

So did Cisco just happen to share all information about parallel earths and breaching tech with the world?
    I say Mia will be in the present for the spin off either Zoe or William will die starting a redemption arc from next episode but they must do something quick as she is not doing well yet. Hopefully Laurel is the main in the spin off then Mia as id Dinah is like last year she will be terrible

Going by the title of the spinoff, there's a good chance she'll be the main character.
    And seems even though there are only 10 episodes in the final season, 1 of those episodes will be wasted on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Going by the title of the spinoff, there's a good chance she'll be the main character.
    And seems even though there are only 10 episodes in the final season, 1 of those episodes will be wasted on
    That is episode 9 I think so after crisis and Oliver will be gone so we will have to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I haven´t watched Arrow since an island blew up, what was that, season 6 finale?
    I saw Arrow season 8, episode 1 on the syfy channel last night, so I watched it... It was pretty good.... I was totally lost, but it was pretty good...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I am enjoying Oliver's long goodbye to former casts members.

Lexa Doig & Willa Holland looking well in their guest spots this week.

No interest in the kids story at all though the ending this week might change that a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I haven´t watched Arrow since an island blew up, what was that, season 6 finale?
    I saw Arrow season 8, episode 1 on the syfy channel last night, so I watched it... It was pretty good.... I was totally lost, but it was pretty good...

Just try and find a way to watch last years Elseworlds crossover, that'll get you up to speed with this season's events.
    I am enjoying Oliver's long goodbye to former casts members.

Lexa Doig & Willa Holland looking well in their guest spots this week.

No interest in the kids story at all though the ending this week might change that a bit.

I didn't expect that ending at all, like you said no interest, but damn.

Any ideas when Supergirl and Batwoman will start their build towards Crisis, or is it The Flash and Arrow doing the majority of the heavy lifting in terms of set up?

Advertisement