Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

Yeh was considering signing up to the setanta pack for premier league and UFC, this would have been an excellent opportunity for me to try out the service but unfortunately Setanta decided not to include UPC customers, I literally had the numbers dialed into my phone before I started to read the posts. Big let down for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Just done it-thanks Rooy and thanks Niall.

Just one question to Niall-in order to cancel on December 30th,will your call centres be in operation on that day,and what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Yes, the call centre will open from 9.30am to 6pm on December 31st.

Thanks,

Niall

Just one question to Niall-in order to cancel on December 30th,will your call centres be in operation on that day,and what time?[/QUOTE]

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Why is it not available to UPC customers?
    thegift06 wrote: »
    Yeh was considering signing up to the setanta pack for premier league and UFC, this would have been an excellent opportunity for me to try out the service but unfortunately Setanta decided not to include UPC customers, I literally had the numbers dialed into my phone before I started to read the posts. Big let down for christmas

This €1 offer for a month is only open to the satellite/SKY base.

UPC recently ran a great offer that allowed prospective Setanta subscribers to sign up and receive August & September for free. Hopefully you availed of that great offer.
    nocoverart wrote: »
    Oops, I went ahead and got it on my other sky box thinking it would be only 1 euro. Can I still cancel before the month is up Niall? will I be charged full whack now or just 2.50? I'm a silly boy!

No worries. Simply cancel one of your subscriptions before Dec 31st to ensure you are not billed €19.99 x 2 per month.

Thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

In fairness I don't think it's up to him to make public business decisions by either Setanta or UPC.

It's not, it sucks. Also they did offer this:
    UPC recently ran a great offer that allowed prospective Setanta subscribers to sign up and receive August & September for free. Hopefully you availed of that great offer.

It is badly advertised though, Independent has an advertisement that doesn't mention it's Sky only, and the website looks like it's suggesting it applies to more than Sky as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few questions on our €1 offer:

- This offer is only available for Sky satellite customers
    - If you wish to cancel, simply call us on 0818203040 before Dec 31st. We do not require 30 days cancellation notice for anyone availing of the €1 offer.
    - In the event of a cancellation, your subscription will be switched off immediately
    - If do not cancel before December 31st, you will be billed €19.99 for January and the subsequent months.
    - The offer is not available on multi-room

Below are the full terms and conditions.

*Terms & Conditions of Offer: Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. This is a subscription service, there is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after 1st January. Offer available on satellite only. Offer does not apply to existing customers.

Click here to subscribe to the Setanta Sports Pack and avail of the €1 offer

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

Hi niall
    What about existing customers, any offer or discount
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭cena

Would love this for the hockey. But I haven't got my new sky card yet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

cena wrote: »

Have you an old one lying around? You can use that,then simply ring them again to transfer to the new card when it arrives,simples.

zerks wrote: »
    Have you an old one lying around? You can use that,then simply ring them again to transfer to the new card when it arrives,simples.

I have the old one as the account on that one is not closed till the 8th.

If I ring up on the 30th how long till they turn off. I don't want to pay for a full month after.http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057096519/1

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Just signed up to this deal. It's a great deal. I recently cancelled my sky sports subscription and if I'm impressed by the end of the month I'll be sticking with it. Sky sports is a rip off at €35 a month.

• Advertisement

If I ring up on the 30th how long till they turn off. I don't want to pay for a full month after.http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057096519/1

So the rep here says,simply cancel at the end of the month.I had BT/Setanta paired to one card & got a new one so I simply rang them to transfer the sub to my new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Onto the misses at the moment to get the viewing card number, want to get signed up ASAP, Premier league on tomorrow night.

Brilliant find for the busy christmas period of football.

Thanks to OP and also Setanta rep for answering questions :)

Can I signup online. My favourite team is playing tonight

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Once we receive your cancellation request, you will be switched off immediately.

No worries. The offer is open throughout December so go online or phone us as soon as you receive your card and you'll be activated within 1 hour.
    Can I signup online. My favourite team is playing tonight

You can of course. It takes up to 1 hour to be activated. Sign up here!
    TheDoc wrote: »
    Onto the misses at the moment to get the viewing card number, want to get signed up ASAP, Premier league on tomorrow night.

Brilliant find for the busy christmas period of football.

Thanks to OP and also Setanta rep for answering questions :)

Sign up tonight and you'll have Premier League football this evening with Crystal Palace v West Ham on BT Sport 1 from 7pm :)

I'll be back tomorrow from 9am to answer any further queries.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few questions on our €1 offer:

- This offer is only available for Sky satellite customers
    - If you wish to cancel, simply call us on 0818203040 before Dec 31st. We do not require 30 days cancellation notice for anyone availing of the €1 offer.
    - In the event of a cancellation, your subscription will be switched off immediately
    - If do not cancel before December 31st, you will be billed €19.99 for January and the subsequent months.
    - The offer is not available on multi-room

Below are the full terms and conditions.

*Terms & Conditions of Offer: Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. This is a subscription service, there is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after 1st January. Offer available on satellite only. Offer does not apply to existing customers.

Click here to subscribe to the Setanta Sports Pack and avail of the €1 offer

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

Is HD included?

Once we receive your cancellation request, you will be switched off immediately.

No worries. The offer is open throughout December so go online or phone us as soon as you receive your card and you'll be activated within 1 hour.

You can of course. It takes up to 1 hour to be activated. Sign up here!

Sign up tonight and you'll have Premier League football this evening with Crystal Palace v West Ham on BT Sport 1 from 7pm :)

I'll be back tomorrow from 9am to answer any further queries.

Niall

I'll sign up in the next hour. I well just use the old card and ring when I get the new one sky card if I can do that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

GY A1 wrote: »
    Hi niall
    What about existing customers, any offer or discount
    Cheers

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Any update on this?

I'll scan the thread to save you the bother

Unfortunately not as this offer is only open to new customers.

Ther very busy on the phone lads

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Mason Storm

radiowaves wrote: »
    Is HD included?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 bagsofballs

radiowaves wrote: »
    I'll scan the thread to save you the bother

Bit of a joke, Existing customers should get something back for forking out €20 euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I signed up at lunchtime today in work. Just home & channels are all working :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Tarjh

Great offer!

Just signed up with the old card. Well it be fine to use for the month even though that sky has been cancelled. Account closes on the 8th

Just signed up with the old card. Well it be fine to use for the month even though that sky has been cancelled. Account closes on the 8th

It will,Setanta use the Sky platform but are independent of them,you signed up to Setanta,not Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Signed up with card out,went down and put it back in and minutes later working.

Many thanks to OP, Liverpool on Stephens day, we only have Sky here,so I can be down in herselfs for family dinner as i wont have to be here to put in on via other methods :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Says its not available on multiroom, but surely you can sign up for €1 twice, once for each box? Each box has its own viewing card number, and that's what they look for when registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Brilliant BA thanks a million op :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks OP thats a great deal. 3 liverpool games alone, I have sky so will be able to see every game till the end of the year. I thank you, my OH hates you:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Anyone else's taking a while to come through? 2 hours now

Advertisement