Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Stay with Sky and get an exclusive 35% off Sky TV for 12 months. To stay with Sky, call 08442 411928, or follow the link below to start live chat.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Got a call from the sales team today - 50% off any package and HD for the next 12 months, no contract. So variety pack + HD for €25.50 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

ablelocks wrote: »
    Got a call from the sales team today - 50% off any package and HD for the next 12 months, no contract. So variety pack + HD for €25.50 a month.

Had you cancelled?

Bif wrote: »
    Had you cancelled?

Yes about a week ago. Best they could do then was 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

I cancelled about 2 weeks back and have missed a few calls so decided to try them this afternoon. Told them I was using a Saorview box and was told that Sky, UPC and Eircom have done a study and the boxes will cost more in electricity than a Sky subscription. I am stunned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

kaltz wrote: »
    Told them I was using a Saorview box and was told that Sky, UPC and Eircom have done a study and the boxes will cost more in electricity than a Sky subscription. I am stunned.

heehee - That's brilliant in fairness....

If you miss a call from them (1800806807) call back and I'm assuming their system logs it and you'll get a call back from them within 24hrs. Might be coincidence but that's my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

was paying €127 a month for full package plus internet. plus another 20 on top of that for bt.

Rang up to cancel everything bar internet and bt.

Canceled movies and sports, got the variety for about 20 quid and free broadband for 9 months.

So all in all i went from a bill of €147 with everything to 70 quid for everything bar movies and sky sports.

Happy enought with that.

Although im very hungover today and could have done with lying on the couch and watching the liverpool spurs game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I was told I wouldn't be able to get RTE on Saorview :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,846 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

blastman wrote: »
    I was told I wouldn't be able to get RTE on Saorview :rolleyes:

i'd start making some laws of my own up if they spouted some of their poppycock at me.

how about........ do you know it it an offence under the financial regulators act of 2012 to tell blatant lies to potential customers in order to seal a deal, punishable by fines of up to €10,000 or 6 months in prison!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

So I have discounted sky tv for 9 months along with sky talk and broadband which was half price for the first three months. After getting my first bill for the full price sky broadband and talk and it was well over €100...I rang up earlier and they offered me my package minus sky sports for 81 euro or my package with SAM for 96 euro... Both of these prices are too expensive in my opinion. I'm interested in just getting rid of my sky tv for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

ablelocks wrote: »

After ringing Sky to cancel my contract today they tried to offer me a 20% discount, but after listening to the offer I still decided to leave, so was put through to cancellations where I was offered half price Sky for six months, I caved in😕 maybe I should have played some more hardball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Got a flyer in the door yesterday from SKY for new Customers.

Ring 0818716079 and quote cork 25% off sky tv offer
    This is for a year

packages prices including discount are as follows

The original €21
    the variety €27
    Movies TV Bundle €42 (includes original i think)
    Sports Tv Bundle €48 (includes original i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

kooga wrote: »
    Got a flyer in the door yesterday from SKY for new Customers.

Ring 0818716079 and quote cork 25% off sky tv offer
    This is for a year

packages prices including discount are as follows

The original €21
    the variety €27
    Movies TV Bundle €42 (includes original i think)
    Sports Tv Bundle €48 (includes original i think)

Has anyone tried to avail of this offer?

I'm tempted as I qualify as a new customer, I hate calling them unless I'm sure it is available :)

IrishHomer wrote: »

I'm tempted as I qualify as a new customer, I hate calling them unless I'm sure it is available :)

details here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

IrishHomer wrote: »

I got the flyer also. The details are all as posted above. You get a free 1 Tb box with built in wifi and 25% off any of their packs. Contract period is 1 year and while the box is free you pay €30 upfront for "standard" installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

details here

This thread is great for existing customers but i don't know will new customers do any better than 25% off from the start. Looks a good deal.

I don't want the movies bundle, just sports. doesn't seem to be part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

has ringing up and 'cancelling' worked with any other companies out of interest? The folks phone and broadband is up now with Vodafone and was wondering could this technique work to knock a few quid off.

jhammer wrote: »
    This thread is great for existing customers but i don't know will new customers do any better than 25% off from the start. Looks a good deal.

I don't want the movies bundle, just sports. doesn't seem to be part of the deal.

the sports bundle is €48 as per the flyer

has ringing up and 'cancelling' worked with any other companies out of interest? The folks phone and broadband is up now with Vodafone and was wondering could this technique work to knock a few quid off.

always works, go onto bonkers.ie and do dome research re price etc and ring up your existing supplier, say your cancelling as you have a better deal elsewhere.

• Advertisement

I just noticed on the uk sky site new customers get 50% off any blindly for a year!!!!

They really know how to ride the Irish :(

50% off an already much lower price!

50% off an already much lower price!

My sis in law got sky as a new customer last week and she got 50% off for six months! Not sure how she managed that as I don't think she is the type to haggle.

I wonder if I called the uk number and looked for the uk 50% off offer perhaps I'll get lucky as I recall in the past when you call them some uk staff get mixed up and treat ROI customers like UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I rang yesterday to cancel, got put through to the loyalty team. I went with the I am going to switch to UPC angle.

The agent offered me a couple of reductions on certain packages but nothing that I wanted, so I went ahead with the cancellation. Once he processed the cancellation I was transferred to another agent who straight away offered me 50% off for 6 months. Music to my ears, so I accepted the offer. I have HD, full entertainment & sports package for €43.50 a month.

Just wondering has anybody had any joy getting a new 2 TB Sky Box off them at a cheap price. I meant to ask but totally forgot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I rang yesterday to cancel, got put through to the loyalty team. I went with the I am going to switch to UPC angle.

The agent offered me a couple of reductions on certain packages but nothing that I wanted, so I went ahead with the cancellation. Once he processed the cancellation I was transferred to another agent who straight away offered me 50% off for 6 months. Music to my ears, so I accepted the offer. I have HD, full entertainment & sports package for €43.50 a month.

Just wondering has anybody had any joy getting a new 2 TB Sky Box off them at a cheap price. I meant to ask but totally forgot.

I'm going to call their bluff tomorrow,what number did you use? I'm paying €79 pm for variety,movies and multi room. I would like HD but it interferes with the card trick so I'll stay with SD. 50% off for 9 months would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

jca wrote: »
    I'm going to call their bluff tomorrow,what number did you use? I'm paying €79 pm for variety,movies and multi room. I would like HD but it interferes with the card trick so I'll stay with SD. 50% off for 9 months would be brilliant.

I used this number (0818) 210 103 & they transferred me to the loyalty team when I said I want to cancel.

Best of Luck.

I used this number (0818) 210 103 & they transferred me to the loyalty team when I said I want to cancel.

Best of Luck.

Many thanks will keep you posted.

Just off the phone to them. 20% off the variety and movies, plus half price multi-Room for 9 months,no contract. My bill has dropped from €79 pm to €58.50 pm. Not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

You should have held out for the 50% off

Advertisement