Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get Channel 5 and BBC One HD on your Irish EPG and Recordable!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

jca wrote: »
    Jaysus that's a bit of overkill for 5 extra channels. Can you get an lnb with 8 outputs? My house will be going back to the 70s when somethings on ITV, sit down at the correct time and endure the ad breaks....

Yeah, it's called an octo lnb. You can have 4 boxes with 2 feeds or 8 boxes with one feed. You can get them on adverts.ie for a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

hallo dare wrote: »
    Yeah, it's called an octo lnb. You can have 4 boxes with 2 feeds or 8 boxes with one feed. You can get them on adverts.ie for a good price.

Other channels will have to do I think. I don't fancy stringing 2 lengths of twin sat cable to two boxes. I can get itv player on my laptop using alternate dns, will cromecast let me watch it on the TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I can get itv player on my laptop using alternate dns, will cromecast let me watch it on the TV?

No that won't work.

pbarr wrote: »
    No that won't work.

I'll just plug the laptop into the TV using a hdmi cable, old ways are best eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'll just plug the laptop into the TV using a hdmi cable, old ways are best eh?

You could the "Cast Tab" feature for ITV player too.

Or use "TVPlayer" for iOS or Laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

energy1942 wrote: »
    I am fast coming to the conclusion that my best option will be to buy a Digital PVR recorder box, Power City has one for €159.95 with twin tuners which means I can record 2 Uk channels at the same time, I will need a new LNB, but this will end my constant worry about the trick. It will also mean I can use my sky boxes as normal.

You can get a triple tuner
    Amiko alien 2+
    2 sat + saorview all in the 1 box with 1 remote
    Watch RTE and record 2 sat channels at same time
    Watch RTE 1 & 2 BBC UTV Channel 4 in HD
    Pause & Record if you plug in a usb portable drive
    Stream from the sat box from a pc & watch same or different channel
    Watch IPTV & Youtube on your tV
    Full EPG if your connected to the interweb thingy
    Dual boot
    you can use the default Spark operating system
    Or the Newer enigma 2 os
    With an online discount at easter I got mine for €165
    that included them loading the enigma 2 for €5 which i could have skipped and done myself
    Great support here boards amiko alien threads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 david1982

Has anyone with the latest epg tried the trick with a UTV card?

ive only the westcountry card so hopefully all you guys with the utv ni card will still work

fingers crossed

david1982 wrote: »
    ive only the westcountry card so hopefully all you guys with the utv ni card will still work

fingers crossed

Not to worry I'll be on here when I get the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

RTÉ Two HD moved to 102 and UTV HD to 103 ... still working perfectly - sweet job :)

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    RTÉ Two HD moved to 102 and UTV HD to 103 ... still working perfectly - sweet job :)

Rte 2 hd was always on 102! Did your box update? Is the card trick/ blue button trick still working?

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Rte 2 hd was always on 102! Did your box update? Is the card trick/ blue button trick still working?

No it wasn't it was in 115. My RTE2 HD has moved to 102 but UTV SD is still at 103.

It was never at 102 without the HD pack - only noticed there tonight that it had changed ... redone the trick and UTV HD is now 103 too.

Now set-up as -

101. RTÉ One
    102. RTÉ Two HD
    103. UTV HD
    103. TV3
    104. TG4
    104. Channel 4
    105. Channel 5
    105. 3e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Thanks only noticed same now! didnt even have to do card trick again which is nice

PS. RTE2 HD used to be c115 for me

now on R009.066.77.08P so mayve there is more to come

Edit.... UTV SD on 103 so prob need to do trick again alright

No it wasn't it was in 115. My RTE2 HD has moved to 102 but UTV SD is still at 103.

That's strange, when did RTÉ Two HD move to 102 do you know jca?

That's strange, when did RTÉ Two HD move to 102 do you know jca?
    I just spotted it this evening, maybe its in preparation for the big S2 tuner update as almost all the HD channels are on the S2 frequencies.

• Advertisement

I just spotted it this evening, maybe its in preparation for the big S2 tuner update as almost all the HD channels are on the S2 frequencies.
    Yep heard that - I wonder will BBC 3/4 HD come available to us on the EPG? :)

I have the HD pack and rte 2 HD has been on 102 since I got it!

Yep heard that - I wonder will BBC 3/4 HD come available to us on the EPG? :)

Are people with the HD pack getting BBC3 and 4 in HD? When I boot from my UTV card I get them in HD.

I have the HD pack and rte 2 HD has been on 102 since I got it!
    Ya but to do this full trick you need a normal pack and no HD subscription - that's what we all have using the full trick so we never had HD 102.

Are people with the HD pack getting BBC3 and 4 in HD? When I boot from my UTV card I get them in HD.
    I don't think so... but shouldn't it work the same way as C4HD?

• Advertisement

I don't think so... but shouldn't it work the same way as C4HD?

Unfortunately not as the BBC3/4 HD frequencies cant be stored in other channels, the dreaded 23.000 S2 problem again:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

Unfortunately not as the BBC3/4 HD frequencies cant be stored in other channels, the dreaded 23.000 S2 problem again:(

that's supposed to be coming with this new update. Pity they don't add the 29500 as well so we could add the ITV HD channels, presumably they would work for anyone on the HD pack.

Ya but to do this full trick you need a normal pack and no HD subscription - that's what we all have using the full trick so we never had HD 102.
    The trick only works for me with the blue button with an ITV Central card!

The trick only works for me with the blue button with an ITV Central card!

you need a utv or channel islands card for the full trick and no HD pack

As already said - I think this new update will open up 23.0..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

I see on the Sky HD box in which I use the UK ftv card that BBC3 HD, BBC4 HD and BBC NEWS HD switched with the SD channels today (to 115, 116 & 503). Not sure if this is permanent for HD boxes?

As already said - I think this new update will open up 23.0..

and fingers crossed we will still have the full card trick!

Just noticed there that i'm after loosing BBC News 24 - just me?

and fingers crossed we will still have the full card trick!

We hope;)

Just noticed there that i'm after loosing BBC News 24 - just me?

Mine is gone to 570 it used to be 503(I think!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Got RTE 2 HD in 102, RTE 2 now in 115, but still have UTV at 103 an UTV HD at 178

Plascebo wrote: »
    Got RTE 2 HD in 102, RTE 2 now in 115, but still have UTV at 103 an UTV HD at 178

If you redo the card trick UTV HD will be in 103. I've just done my boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

If you redo the card trick UTV HD will be in 103. I've just done my boxes.

Cheers, will redo tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

so when is this firmware upgrade available then?

will forcing a manual upgrade do the trick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

lawred2 wrote: »
    so when is this firmware upgrade available then?

will forcing a manual upgrade do the trick?

Still only being rolled out as an automatic updated won't be able to do a forced update for at least a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

An Tarbh wrote: »
    that's supposed to be coming with this new update. Pity they don't add the 29500 as well so we could add the ITV HD channels, presumably they would work for anyone on the HD pack.

I think we should be able to add the ITV HD channels after the update, aren't they on 23,000 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

I think we should be able to add the ITV HD channels after the update, aren't they on 23,000 as well.

You'll be able to add ITV1 HD as that's on the 23000 but ITV2/3/4 HD are on 29500 and you'd only be able to get them if you were a HD subscriber.

An Tarbh wrote: »
    You'll be able to add ITV1 HD as that's on the 23000 but ITV2/3/4 HD are on 29500 and you'd only be able to get them if you were a HD subscriber.

I am a subscriber to the skyhd pack, Does this mean I will be able to get ITV2/3/4 HD ?

I am a subscriber to the skyhd pack, Does this mean I will be able to get ITV2/3/4 HD ?
    No because you can't add the channels into "other channels"...

• Advertisement

No because you can't add the channels into "other channels"...

But could it be possible after the update?

But could it be possible after the update?
    Highly unlikely from the sounds of it - they are opening up 23000 but the ITV channels are on 29500 which I think will still be off limits.

I have a HD sub and can watch ITV Encore through 'add channels' and the blue button card trick.

The 29500 symbol rate has also been added with the update but I can't find any codes for itv2 3 and 4 HD online

The 29500 symbol rate has also been added with the update but I can't find any codes for itv2 3 and 4 HD online
    ITV 2/3/4 HD - 11758 H 29500-3/4

Lovely. Have them stored in other channels now.

• Advertisement

Disney XD HD and Animal Planet HD are also on that frequency

Channel 5HD now stored in other channels Really wish my card trick still worked now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Channel 5HD now stored in other channels Really wish my card trick still worked now

Channel 5HD is a UK only HD subscription channel so you wouldn't have been able to watch it anyway.

In order to end the constant worry over if & when the card trick will end, I am going to buy the Manhattan HDR-S Freesat+ Recorder Box 320gb.

I am getting it next Friday, But I would like to know if I can change the postcode manually, so as to be able to record regional variations.

In order to end the constant worry over if & when the card trick will end, I am going to buy the Manhattan HDR-S Freesat+ Recorder Box 320gb.

I am getting it next Friday, But I would like to know if I can change the postcode manually, so as to be able to record regional variations.

Who are you ordering it from?

• Advertisement
Advertisement