Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 morruci

wb di natale for italian team (bout 7k i think)

does anyone want corluka inform 20k? 28 on ultimatedb and 27 on futhead??

morruci wrote: »
    does anyone want corluka inform 20k? 28 on ultimatedb and 27 on futhead??
    sold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just bought a LM Lavezzi in 4-3-2-1 for 1.4k and a Lucio 4-3-3 for 1.8k.

Good deals? Its a pity lucio lowers the chemistry for whatever reason by 4 points, but I think its worth it, as hes a tank whenever I come up against him. Gonna put him along side samual.

Also got Vermalean 4-3-3 for 950 coins. Im definitely saving for Eto'o now. Have stuck up some dead wood players for auction also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Axwell wrote: »
    Jamesmclean banned for a month - JohnfromDublin permbanned.

Same person, Jamesmclean next time it will be permanent.

Morruci which bit of that didnt you understand the first, and the second times I warned you?

You were given as Jamesmclean and tried to get around it once already with another account. You then went and setup another to do the same in Morruci. The ban is there for a reason! The one on Jamesmclean was for a month, if you want to come back at all then wait till it expires. If you setup any other accounts and appear on here as any other name other than Jamesmclean you are getting banned permanently!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ah when I set up this thread a few days after I has a brilliant team, after I realised after Christmas EA probably won't fix the disconnection issue and I wouldn't be ever able to play a match with my sqaud I gave it all to a mate, now they're fixing it! Fcuking sick! :pac: Ah well back to the drawing board.
    Looking forward to the challenge :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Some people never ever learn

Just had a quick look a few mins ago on the market and decided to look up chiellini prices, and saw one was ending in 15 mins and was a 750 coins. it was 4-4-2 also with like 40 contracts. I added it to watch list and noticed it had gone up to 1000 coins with 25 seconds to go, I put in a bid for 1.3k and my damn net started lagging and missed the deadline!

This always seems to happen to me ha :(

Some bargain that was, as usually those 4-4-2 cheillinis go for like 7 or 8 k

Lads whats the difference with an IF card?

I've played against a fair few now and can't say they caused me any more probs then usual.

Is it just a boost to individual chemistry wherein the player in question can be played in a wrong formation etc?

A slightly boosted Messi would be better than a normal one off course, but a slightly boosted 80 player to 81, still makes him worse than a player who could be picked up for 2-4k.

So why pay 15k+ for an IF?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lads whats the difference with an IF card?

I've played against a fair few now and can't say they caused me any more probs then usual.

Is it just a boost to individual chemistry wherein the player in question can be played in a wrong formation etc?

A slightly boosted Messi would be better than a normal one off course, but a slightly boosted 80 player to 81, still makes him worse than a player who could be picked up for 2-4k.

So why pay 15k+ for an IF?

They're better versions of that player, their stats are better based on their performance during the week.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    They're better versions of that player, their stats are better based on their performance during the week.

Ya I get that, but thought maybe some other form of perk came with it.

Guess then it confirms there's zero point in buying any that aren't already one of the best players.
    When you're talking 15,000+ there doesn't seem to be much point in buying any who aren't maxed(silver/bronze) or near for their level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ya I get that, but thought maybe some other form of perk came with it.

Guess then it confirms there's zero point in buying any that aren't already one of the best players.
    When you're talking 15,000+ there doesn't seem to be much point in buying any who aren't maxed(silver/bronze) or near for their level.

There is another point to it...

"Aww yeah I'm so cool all my team is in-form, gonna show all my mates at school at lunchtime how cool I am."

What these kids dont realise, is that to people who are not 12, it just looks like you took Mammy's credit card and went wild on packs with MS Points. Granted there are players out there, a good few in this thread actually, who dont use real money and just trade like the savvy business men they are, in that case, an inform team is actually an achievement in a way, but imo the main demographic of FIFA players, and ESPECIALLY FIFA Ultimate Team players are 10-15 year olds, hence the community being a pile of garbage as they havent grown up yet. Call of Duty is similar, just swap In Form Messi for 10th Prestige. Its all about looking cool on the playground.

Shiny Charizard back in my day. Instead of trying to get someone to email their bank account and sort code to freeultimateteamcoins@loser.com, it was going into the Junior infants playground and convincing them your energy card or a Weedle was better than their fully evolved pokemon.

Proper times they were.

tl:dr; Informs are EA's way milking people's need to show off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ConorBGF95

How doesn't Joe Hart have an in-form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Every game I play it disconnects at half time?

Just so you all know, the Fifa UT Web App is down until the 16th of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Everyone else is having the problem that any custom formations they have get deleted after they start Ultimate Team and then return to H2H?

It's really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

New tourney starting in around 10 hours. Prize for winning is 2 gold packs. Would be great if you won it, open your packs and get a TOTW player i.e. IF Robben :D

Also, those orange/red lines are so damn ugly :(

img0035by.jpg

Web app is up and running now as well :)

Has the update properly fixed the disconnections? I was snapping last night after I got knocked out of a cup because of one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hopefuluser

jamescd wrote: »
    New tourney starting in around 10 hours. Prize for winning is 2 gold packs. Would be great if you won it, open your packs and get a TOTW player i.e. IF Robben :D

Also, those orange/red lines are so damn ugly :(

img0035by.jpg

is that ur team mate??
    class if it is did you play real $$$??
    yeh those new lines look so bad :p

is that ur team mate??
    class if it is did you play real $$$??
    yeh those new lines look so bad :p

Are you jamesmclean ?

Are you jamesmclean ?

Am I what?

hello??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

ConorBGF95 wrote: »
    Has the update properly fixed the disconnections? I was snapping last night after I got knocked out of a cup because of one...
    In my experiences today... yes :)

Apparently the "gift" for all the disconnects recently before the patch, is that their resetting the DNF for everyone back to the maximum so people can, as the put it, "get more coins!". So it seems their not giving us actual free coins or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Tbh I was hoping for them to do that ^ more than free stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Am I what?

An idiot..

Banned.

I have better things to be doing than checking each time you setup a new account trying to get around a ban. You were given multiple warnings already and told not to come back on here as another username. You either wait till the ban is finished on the original account or you don't come back at all.

Played and won my first ''Two Gold'' pack tournament late last night, typical muck in them though :(

After you win it the first time, it drops to ''one pack''.

Played and won my first ''Two Gold'' pack tournament late last night, typical muck in them though :(

After you win it the first time, it drops to ''one pack''.

Won it as well. Got the usual discard value players :(

It's also two packs for winning offline the 1st time so I'll give that a go later.

I was in the middle of a final, second half losing 2-1 and the EA servers went, thought I'd lost the game but I checked and was still in there... phew!!

• Advertisement

Won the Ultimate tourney offline. Got a CAM -> CM card in one of my packs which sells for around 6k. Not a bad return at all.

I didn't fancy playing it on Ultimate difficulty though so I used the trick to change the difficulty to Professional. Hammered Chelsea 7 - 0 in the final :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Won the Ultimate tourney offline. Got a CAM -> CM card in one of my packs which sells for around 6k. Not a bad return at all.

I didn't fancy playing it on Ultimate difficulty though so I used the trick to change the difficulty to Professional. Hammered Chelsea 7 - 0 in the final :p

EXPLAIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Trick?? How you manage that, really dont want to play on Ultimate difficulty myself...

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    EXPLAIN.

Before the match, go to Game Settings. Press Y on Xbox or Triangle on PS3. This will pop-up

img0036no.jpg

Just select yes and you're good to go. Go back to the previous screen and make sure it says Professional

img0037wh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Before the match, go to Game Settings. Press Y on Xbox or Triangle on PS3. This will pop-up

img0036no.jpg

Just select yes and you're good to go. Go back to the previous screen and make sure it says Professional

img0037wh.jpg

Sweet cheers, won the online one already, got a TOTW player, granted he was crap, Pallenta, CB for Parma, discard for 9.5k, sweet enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

img0036no.jpg

img0037wh.jpg

You saved me.

Just after getting two beatings from Atletico Madrid.

Playing on manual makes it even tougher!

Thanks, will try see if I can win on professiona with my poor EPL teaml! :D

Good spot, I'll give that a go.

I tried the Ultimate one after I won my online one last night, was 2-0 down in 20mns and about to quit die to the sheer annoyance of playing AI, they must have got in for 3/4 1v1s by then.
    Attacking was much the same as WC, which isn't a compliment.
    PASS/PASS/PASS, you can't get by the AI using tactics that work against real people(and they track EVERY run, while pressuring :mad:)

Lost 2-1 in the end, and wasn't going to bother with it again.

Can't understand how anyone still plays the AI(in the other modes), football is about mistakes, bad decisions etc.... things an AI can't replicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Good spot, I'll give that a go.

I tried the Ultimate one after I won my online one last night, was 2-0 down in 20mns and about to quit die to the sheer annoyance of playing AI, they must have got in for 3/4 1v1s by then.
    Attacking was much the same as WC, which isn't a compliment.
    PASS/PASS/PASS, you can't get by the AI using tactics that work against real people(and they track EVERY run, while pressuring :mad:)

Lost 2-1 in the end, and wasn't going to bother with it again.

Can't understand how anyone still plays the AI(in the other modes), football is about mistakes, bad decisions etc.... things an AI can't replicate.

It does try...just unfortunate that it's always when it's controlling one of your players :mad:

🤪

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    You saved me.

Just after getting two beatings from Atletico Madrid.

Playing on manual makes it even tougher!

Thanks, will try see if I can win on professiona with my poor EPL teaml! :D

Professional is p1ss easy, you should have no trouble with any team :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

See now with the new tournaments. There is the coin symbol and card symbol, but does anyone know what the symbol in between them are? On the tournament screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Professional is p1ss easy, you should have no trouble with any team :p

Scoring goals on manual ain't anywhere as easy as on assisted though. 1on1's are regularly missed. And even the odd open goal! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Scoring goals on manual ain't anywhere as easy as on assisted though. 1on1's are regularly missed. And even the odd open goal! :o

Tell me about it mate. Been toying with UT the last few weeks too. Its good craic il admit but even though playing against assisted players is generally tough for the manual player, this is 10x worse:pac: Any of the manual UT lads up for game, give us a msg anytime Im on

Finical wrote: »
    See now with the new tournaments. There is the coin symbol and card symbol, but does anyone know what the symbol in between them are? On the tournament screen.

It goes like this:

Coins

Player

Packs

So yeah, you can win players in future tournaments. Don't count on Ronaldo being one of them though :pac:

Yay, won the two pack tournament last night, boo, got ****e as usual lol

Lost my other final 2-1 with a team practically identical to mine except he had a couple of better players and a different formation...

So I went onto UT this morning,I had 800 coins last night now I have 26k with 15 packs to open.
    Is this the compensation?

So I went onto UT this morning,I had 800 coins last night now I have 26k with 15 packs to open.
    Is this the compensation?

Yup compensation for the disconnect issues

I got no compensation :(

Anyone else the same, or has everyone got compensation? Maybe its because im not in Ireland?

Also my DNF was put back to default yaaay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

It goes like this:

Coins

Player

Packs

So yeah, you can win players in future tournaments. Don't count on Ronaldo being one of them though :pac:

Oh right thanks mate. So it's just going to be like getting a pack but you get one random player instead? :pac:

Advertisement