Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy Type-0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

wow january D: its been awhile since ff13!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

FFS I ****ing hated 13 yet the fanboy in me demands I buy and most likely hate this too

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Arawn wrote: »
    FFS I ****ing hated 13 yet the fanboy in me demands I buy and most likely hate this too

don't worry, from what i've read they pretty much addressed every concern that the fanbase had (well depending on whether or not you like the battle system since that's here to stay and I support that)

also type-0 is officially getting localised according to the ultimania: http://www.finalfantasy.net/type0/final-fantasy-type0-localization-confirmed/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope that is true, seems Type-0 is really good. Not heard that anywhere else though and hope it's not a mistranslation and Square are doing an 'International Edition' which they do with most FF games and usually it's a rerelease with added features (usually extras from the western releases).

andriasang and siliconera are reporting now as well, they're reliable sources:

http://andriasang.com/comz52/ff_type_0_international_release/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/29/final-fantasy-type-0-team-already-working-on-western-version/

it would make sense since type-0 is the start to a whole new subseries. Tabata is apparently thinking about a direct sequel to type-0 and then a second numbered entry i.e. type-1 (though for this one he wants it to stay outside Fabula Nova Crystalis which i find weird).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Excellent, I actually checked siliconera and saw nothing about it so assumed it :)

Glad it's getting a release. There's too many great japanese games not getting a western release on the PSP. I hope that maybe publishers will bring some over as downloadables for Vita since there's inevitably going to be a tail off when it releases and usually the best games get released in the systems twilight years.

Well on japanese PSN Square already released downloadable version of Type-0, which is actually cheaper than the physical one so I'm gonna assume they might do something similar for over here.

However since the quote from Tabata says that the team is working on a localising the game I'm gonna assume that they're either gonna polish the graphics at bit and put it on vita as well or they might do the PSP remaster on PS3 since Sony is practically giving away the tools for those conversions.

Getting seriously excited by FF XIII-2.

The screen shots and trailers are really impressing me.

If I was to get the jap/american game pre ordered would It play on my european xbox??

Getting seriously excited by FF XIII-2.

The screen shots and trailers are really impressing me.

If I was to get the jap/american game pre ordered would It play on my european xbox??

don't think so, xbox is regioned locked as far as i know

Mario007 wrote: »
    don't think so, xbox is regioned locked as far as i know

It depends on the game tbh. Some games are region locked, some aren't. It's a bit of a lottery if you are preordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Dengeki gave FF 13-2 an S (highest rating) individual reviews weren't released yet: http://andriasang.com/comz7d/xiii2_sazh/

Also Famitsu gave it a full 40/40
    http://andriasang.com/comz82/famitsu_reviews/

Think what you want of Famitsu but they give the perfect score away only rarely, although this year they've done it 3 time with Skyrim, Zelda Skyward Sword and now FF 13-2. Still seems like a great company for the unwanted sequel

I'd trust Dongeki first. Famitsu reviews can be bought and they don't even disguise that fact. I wonder what the western press thinks of it although I must say, I like the look of the game.

I agree though i think they would have been careful not to overvalue the game since they gave two 40/40 score recently and both to amazing games. Famitsu did say that the game pretty much adressed and fixed every complaint from the original.

Dengeki should be having their full reviews next week, I think. And I think some sites like RPGSite are doing import reviews too so by the end of the month I'd say we'll get our first western reviews

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Unwanted? I'd say it's going to sell very well. I'm praying they make some attempt to explain XIII's "ending".

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Unwanted? I'd say it's going to sell very well. I'm praying they make some attempt to explain XIII's "ending".

If you believe hard enough everything will turn out ok :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I was really dissapointed with FFXIII. But being the FF fanboy that i am, i persevered and cleared it but not 100% as i did with every FF previous. But having looked at a few recent videos i have to say that im impressed. But i know deep down im gonna be dissapointed again, but being the idiot that i am come release day or sometime after i know i will buy it :(

Was actually looking at some Versus13 videos recently also and it actually looks amazing. But will it ever come out? I think it was announced at the same time as 13 and still no release date has been confirmed :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

What is happening with Versus XIII. All I heard is that it is in some kind of development hell.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The main reason I'm looking forward to XIII-2 is that it has towns and exploration; I felt that was XIII's main failing.

Was listening to Roleplayers Realm and Richard on the show is not impressed with Type-0. He says there's loads of arbituary difficulty spikes. You have to grind loads before you can take on the next mission. Also sometimes you will come up against a boss and if you have the wrong characters you are pretty much screwed and have to let one of your party members die before you can bring in one that can defeat the boss.

Still this is the same guy that didn't think much of the fantastic Xenoblade.

• Advertisement

Oh no I wasn't trying be negative. I'm excited about the game and have always defended it, it was just that at the end of FF 13 with all the mixed reception about it a sequel seemed to be very unlikely. Having said that both 10 and 12 got a sequel so why not 13, right? I'm very happy that the final product seems to be quite good from what I've seen.

Also re sales, apparently SE isn't thinking that it will sell as well as FF 13 since they're only planning on sending out a million copies to retailers in japan for launch (13 got 1.8 million copies). Now mind you million is still a huge number.
    What is happening with Versus XIII. All I heard is that it is in some kind of development hell.

It was announced way too early, just like Type-0 (which only started proper development after Crisis Core and Third Birthday). Basically in 2006 SE said we're creating these new series called Fabula Nova Crystalis and because it's a series here's 3 games that we have in mind. But they forgot to tell us all that these were all just planned concepts.

Versus is now in full development and after FF 13-2 drops you can expect a lot of news. In fact, Nomura stated that with Type-0 out of the way the attention on news and PR will now turn to Versus.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was listening to Roleplayers Realm and Richard on the show is not impressed with Type-0. He says there's loads of arbituary difficulty spikes. You have to grind loads before you can take on the next mission. Also sometimes you will come up against a boss and if you have the wrong characters you are pretty much screwed and have to let one of your party members die before you can bring in one that can defeat the boss.

I can kinda see where they're coming from with regards to the difficulty spikes since there is meant to be a lot of side missions and all that. Also with regards to the party members Tabata pretty much said that you'll have get used to your main 3 dying and new 3 guys coming in to complete the mission. THat's how they were designed.

The game's doing impressive numbers in japan. Currently it's around 700 000 sold not counting the PSN version which was released on the same day, was cheaper and will be playable on Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Retr0gamer wrote: »

This sounds like exactly the type of stuff that everyone has loved about the older games in the series, no?! Strange that these would come up as bad points..

Ajfunky wrote: »
    This sounds like exactly the type of stuff that everyone has loved about the older games in the series, no?! Strange that these would come up as bad points..

You don't have to grind in any FF game since FF4. Also the difficulty spikes do sound kind of stupid. In one example richard brought 3 melee fighters into a mission and was doing great until be got to a flying enemy and he couldn't hit it so had to wait until one of his characters died before he could swap out the character for another one. That's just bad design, and he says it crops up a lot.

Guided Tour (talks about the game's features): http://www.gametrailers.com/video/environments-trailer-final-fantasy/724656

Japanese Intro: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-opening-final-fantasy/724877

It appears this game has a
    Golden Saucer
    , of sorts. Hopefully the Chocobo aspect will have some depth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just went to GAME to pre-order it. There are 3 fluiching editions coming out apparantly.

H. H. Asquith

Just went to GAME to pre-order it. There are 3 fluiching editions coming out apparantly.
    Normal, limited and crystal.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

The missus got her copy yesterday, the apartment has become a den of spoilers :(. I feel like Tommy sitting in the corner trying to block out the the game...

Monkeyto wrote: »
    The missus got her copy yesterday, the apartment has become a den of spoilers :(. I feel like Tommy sitting in the corner trying to block out the the game...
    it's not region locked???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

it's not region locked???
    Well I live in Japan, but yes, PS3 are region free :) Xbox games are generally region locked but not always.

Advertisement