Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Grand Prix - Citywest

Options
  • 05-01-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭

Quick question regarding the 2015 World Grand Prix in Citywest.
    Due to the fact that it is now being run from Sunday to Saturday rather than the usual Monday to Sunday can anyone confirm that the q-finals will now be on the Thursday night instead of Friday night that they always were ????? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

God that's horrible news if they change quarters night to Thursday.

Why mess with it, it's fine the way it was.

They never stop messing with the Grand Prix, changed the sets for the worse a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Every PDC tv tournament ends on a Sunday, why are they changing this on? Unless its a 1 off, maybe the hall is pre booked for another gig or something

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Probably changing cause the attendance for the final was terrible this year.

They really should be doing the semis and final on one day on the Saturday imo though

KevIRL wrote: »
    Probably changing cause the attendance for the final was terrible this year.

They really should be doing the semis and final on one day on the Saturday imo though

Hoping that's what it'll be because I selfishly want the Friday to remain quarters night.

I do think the players playing more than once a day is a bit crap even though it happens in quite a lot of tournaments now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

All we know for sure so far is that the Final is on Saturday this year so presumably that means semi's on Friday and quarter's on Thursday unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Just out of interest lads why was this event so poorly attended as has been mentioned a few times?

Just out of interest lads why was this event so poorly attended as has been mentioned a few times?

IMO the only night that is poorly attended in the final on Sunday night cause everyone has work on Monday. To solve this they should have the semi's on Saturday afternoon and final on Saturday night and leave other days the way they they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

ah no thats a joke, pdc or citywest to blame?

sc86 wrote: »
    ah no thats a joke, pdc or citywest to blame?

PDC I'd say, pity cos always liked the quarters on the Friday night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tbh lads I would count ourselves lucky that the tournament hasn't been moved altogether. The Citywest crowd are the worst for booing players while throwing etc. and couple that with poor attendances and I'm surprised it hasn't been moved. I think this is the last try by the PDC to get it sorted otherwise it will be moved.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Tbh lads I would count ourselves lucky that the tournament hasn't been moved altogether. The Citywest crowd are the worst for booing players while throwing etc. and couple that with poor attendances and I'm surprised it hasn't been moved. I think this is the last try by the PDC to get it sorted otherwise it will be moved.

Fully agree Kingp. It was a disgrace last year the way Taylor was booed. Look at the way Scotland has just lost the Masters. Let's hope everyone gives the players the respect they deserve this year or like you say it will be moved which would b a shame as it's such a good night out.

Just thought this event deserved a new thread. I hope and pray that the crowd respects the players at this years event and cuts out the stupid booing at the likes of Taylor that was going on last year.

If it doesn't happen we could lose this event to England and we'd all be sorry then as its such entertainment and such a good night out.

Anyone know when tickets will go on sale ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

They went on sale late April to PDC subscription holders I think. General sale in early May I think.

Definitely hoping to go again this year. Now that I'm in college in Dublin it's far less expensive than it would have been previously. We had a nice group of 10 for Thursday night last year so hoping for similar this year.

robman60 wrote: »
    We had a nice group of 10 for Thursday night last year so hoping for similar this year.

Looks like Thursday will be q-finals night this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Sami23 wrote: »
    Looks like Thursday will be q-finals night this year.

I know, might change to Wednesday now as its nearly half the price, doesn't make a lot of difference to me anyway.

where would they move it 2?
    has to stay in ireland surly?

England

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It doesn't have to stay in Ireland, the first two tournaments were held in England. If it keeps going the way it is it will be moved sooner rather than later.

Move it to Belfast!!!

We've never had a tv tournament in the north and the PL has been one of the most successful(ticket sales) venues since it was introduced. We've had the G8 crowd here so I'm sure we accomodate a few extra dartists

Devastator wrote: »
    Move it to Belfast!!!

We've never had a tv tournament in the north and the PL has been one of the most successful(ticket sales) venues since it was introduced. We've had the G8 crowd here so I'm sure we accomodate a few extra dartists

Not a hope from what I heard from a few people I was chatting to at the Grand Prix last year. They said the PL had a very hostile atmosphere and drink was being thrown down on top of people from the balcony. Funny thing is we were thinking of going to Belfast for PL but these people advised us against it.

• Advertisement

Not a hope from what I heard from a few people I was chatting to at the Grand Prix last year. They said the PL had a very hostile atmosphere and drink was being thrown down on top of people from the balcony. Funny thing is we were thinking of going to Belfast for PL but these people advised us against it.

"Not a hope" Sounds like every bit of hope comparing the potential up here to citywest!

lol so people at the grand prix with the notoriously bad crowd were slating Belfast? :D Whether or not they felt hostility is their opinion and maybe their problem, some people from South still expect it to be like the 80s when they come up here :DIt really isn't!!! well not in city centre or around odyssey

Yeah drinks were thrown, but also from the tables up at the balconies. Last year this maybe lasted 10-15 mins during the very last game but that is the fault of the awful security team(eventsec) that ruin(not a typo!) a lot of events. A major tv tournament would not be held in the odyssey so bit run a lot better in other venues

heard nothin but bad from my northern friends about belfast also but i dont think any event is trouble free
    not that city west is perfect either but last year was better than year before
    i found the premier league in 02 2 years ago as bad as any citywest crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think the drink throwing during the final legs of the last game is now a tradition at every PL venue.

Does anyone know when the tickets are going on sale for this years event or where can I find out ?

Does anyone know when the tickets are going on sale for this years event or where can I find out ?

Usually the end of March or start of April so keep your eye on the PDC website. They usually announce a week or so in advance when tickets will be on sale.

TICKET INFO IS OUT TODAY FOLKS!

details on pdc.tv

So they have ruined the Friday night as we thought. What a load of rubbish.

Why do they constantly change things in the grand prix?

No other pdc major gets messed with this much.

mdwexford wrote: »
    So they have ruined the Friday night as we thought. What a load of rubbish.

Why do they constantly change things in the grand prix?

No other pdc major gets messed with this much.

Yeah exactly so what do we do now:
    Option 1. Take Thursday and Friday off and go to q-finals as we always did ?
    Option 2. Take half day on Friday and go to semi's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Idiots made a balls of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Would the tickets sell quickly for this does anyone know? Like would the Grand Prix be one of the more prestigious after the world champs and so be in high demand?

Advertisement