Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Fenix 3 in BM store in Ireland ?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Presume you are on the latest firmware 8.70?

Yeah I'm on 8.70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Just wondering how long Fenix 3 owners have had their watch for?

I've had mine since October 2016. Used mostly for cycling, running, swimming and hiking. Approx. 100 activities in total.
    I ask because mine seems to be having a few issues lately...
    The watch froze during an activity. I had to leave it a few hours before it responded again. Another time it couldn't resume an activity after selecting 'resume later'. It's also been having some sync issues.

I have a Fenix 5 since September 2017. Problems lately and Garmin have been fantastic in terms of customer service. It’s gone back now to be replaced. If out of guarantee I think they will still replace it at an additional cost - not sure if it’s the same for all watches but was €100 for mine, though I was within guarantee.

Maybe worth a phone call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kellygirl wrote: »
    I have a Fenix 5 since September 2017. Problems lately and Garmin have been fantastic in terms of customer service. It’s gone back now to be replaced. If out of guarantee I think they will still replace it at an additional cost - not sure if it’s the same for all watches but was €100 for mine, though I was within guarantee.

Maybe worth a phone call?

Thanks Kellygirl, that's good to know about their customer service. If it keeps giving me trouble then I have nothing to lose by calling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,534 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Seems like a pretty good deal on the Fenix 5s: eGlobalCentral for €397. It's typically £450-£500 sterling on Amazon.co.uk.
    Note: I've ordered from eGlobalCentral before and had no problems, but others have had delivery problems in the past, so best to pay by PayPal, if ordering from the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Seems like a pretty good deal on the Fenix 5s: eGlobalCentral for €397. It's typically £450-£500 sterling on Amazon.co.uk.
    Note: I've ordered from eGlobalCentral before and had no problems, but others have had delivery problems in the past, so best to pay by PayPal, if ordering from the site.

Its a lot of money to pay with the chance of a customs bill and very little in the way of after sales service etc. Stuff comes from China

Its a lot of money to pay with the chance of a customs bill and very little in the way of after sales service etc. Stuff comes from China
    Stuff comes from Europe. I did call out the caveats in my post but by all means pay the extra €150. I'm just sharing!

Stuff comes from Europe. I did call out the caveats in my post but by all means pay the extra €150. I'm just sharing!

They say that but lots of posts about how it actually ships from China. Company has been under different names in different european countries the latest i believe is in Malta. Either way the postmark in many cases in from China

They say that but lots of posts about how it actually ships from China. Company has been under different names in different european countries the latest i believe is in Malta. Either way the postmark in many cases in from China
    In my case, it was from Portugal, which was in the EU, not liable for import duties. But like I said, I called out the caveat in my original post.

In my case, it was from Portugal, which was in the EU, not liable for import duties. But like I said, I called out the caveat in my original post.

Not the import duties that they have been accused of avoiding. It is the Vat. That is still liable. The accusations seem to be that they have not being paying the vat over to the authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Apologies if this has been answered already, but without setting the watch to miles, is it possible to set the Fenix 3 to auto lap every 1.61km?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

zico10 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but without setting the watch to miles, is it possible to set the Fenix 3 to auto lap every 1.61km?

Thanks

I haven’t used it myself but the below looks like it should do it.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-5E34E41D-D8CB-496E-839D-BC1F0CBFCC48.html

I haven’t used it myself but the below looks like it should do it.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-5E34E41D-D8CB-496E-839D-BC1F0CBFCC48.html

I found that, but I can only adjust the distance by 0.05km, so the closest I can get to a mile is 1.60km. Just wondering if there is a way around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You can set the lap to km, independent to the distance travelled being measured in miles.

Set your units to Kms in settings - system. Then go to the Run app within settings and make sure your auto lap is on and at 1km.

Then go back you your units in the system menu and change it to miles. Now when you go back to the run app you'll see the autolap will be 0.62 miles.

So I'm guessing if you do the opposite to the above, set it to miles and the autolap to 1 mile, change the units to Kms and the autolap will still be the km equipment of a mile.

Hurrache wrote: »
    You can set the lap to km, independent to the distance travelled being measured in miles.

Set your units to Kms in settings - system. Then go to the Run app within settings and make sure your auto lap is on and at 1km.

Then go back you your units in the system menu and change it to miles. Now when you go back to the run app you'll see the autolap will be 0.62 miles.

I've got it now, thanks. I could figure that out on the much simpler Foreunner 110. I'm getting too old for all this technology.

Advertisement