Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers: Age of Ultron [** SPOILERS FROM POST 599 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,355 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a 3rd woman sitting drinking with them that I can't make out, Maria Hill and Black Widow are shown in close ups.
    Otacon wrote: »
    picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=15307

I had another thought who it could be...Evangeline Lilly (Hope Van Dyne)

Ant-Man Easter Egg and a way to intro that movie into the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The woman sat next to Hawkeye before Thor picks up Mjolnir is Leila Wong, according to The Avengers Age Of Ultron IMDB page, she's listed as a Korean Scientist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The woman sat next to Hawkeye before Thor picks up Mjolnir is Leila Wong, according to The Avengers Age Of Ultron IMDB page, she's listed as a Korean Scientist.

Link

IMDB got it wrong then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Not really any mention of Loki in the build-up to this movie, is there even confirmation he'll feature? I'd say it's more anger based on Stark creating Ultron... and also the fact that Hulk is just a bit of a rage monster.

This is a definite spoiler and not just speculation!
    Idris Elba Confirmed that he and Hiddleston have shot a scene with Hemsworth for AOU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Idris Elba Confirmed that he and Hiddleston have shot a scene with Hemsworth for AOU
    How would that even work though! Loki is "dead" at the end of Thor 2. I suspect maybe it's an innocuous scene between Thor, Elba & "Odin" as Thor leaves to go to Earth. We'll probably get a moment where Loki reveals himself (privately) with a little maniacal laugh. Most likely it will be used to set up some plot strand in either GotG 2 or Thor 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Bacchus wrote: »
    How would that even work though! Loki is "dead" at the end of Thor 2. I suspect maybe it's an innocuous scene between Thor, Elba & "Odin" as Thor leaves to go to Earth. We'll probably get a moment where Loki reveals himself (privately) with a little maniacal laugh. Most likely it will be used to set up some plot strand in either GotG 2 or Thor 3.

I'm not even sure if that would work, though, really.
    At the end of Thor 2, Thor had decided to go stay on Earth and said that to Loki Odin. Then in the after credits sequence he arrived back, so technically he should already be on Earth at the start of the movie.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm not even sure if that would work, though, really.
    At the end of Thor 2, Thor had decided to go stay on Earth and said that to Loki Odin. Then in the after credits sequence he arrived back, so technically he should already be on Earth at the start of the movie.
    I assume he still goes home at the weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Do we really need all the spoiler tags in a thread that is set 2/3 films ahead of some of the "spoilers"??

Do we really need all the spoiler tags in a thread that is set 2/3 films ahead of some of the "spoilers"??

Yes, because we're talking about something that will come as a surprise to many people in THIS movie. It will probably become common knowledge as the movie gets closer to release date but it is an avoidable spoiler for the moment.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »

That spoiler hasn't gone down well with Marvel.

Spoiler Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Naive but commendable honesty from Elba there. Maybe airing his dismay is intentional in order to escape a very minor role within the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's a pity an Actor of his quality was used in such a small role he could have easily been a number of characters in there own movies, Blade, Black Panther, Luke Cage all stand out and thats before we start on the villians

If you are "John Gazelle" Disney & Marvel are coming after you for leaking the trailer!

A federal judge in the US has issue a subpoena against Google, demanding the Internet giant reveal who leaked the trailer for the forthcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron movie.
    "Your are commanded to produce at the time, date, and place set forth below the following documents, electronically stored information, or objects, and to permit inspection, copying, testing, or sampling of the material."

http://www.newstalk.com/Google-must-help-Marvel-unmask-the-person-behind-Avengers-leak-rules-court

New trailer out. Mostly the same as the first one but a couple more shots and a slightly different opening scene at the Avengers tower. Might be just me but Ultron sounds less... robot-y in this and more like Spader. Also, this trailer does confirm 1 plot point
    Loki's infinity stone is in this and it most likely the reason for the team heading off to that snowy destination

Also shows a clearer imagine of the other female drinking with them.
    Claudia Kim, the team’s doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Might as well bump it's own thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dunno, just can't get into these trailers. Maybe it's the difference between a 2 hour movie and a longer-form TV series, but whereas I find myself caring quite a bit about the fate of the characters in Agents of SHIELD (a show that must surely take some award for the biggest upswing in quality - it's a genuinely entertaining piece of telly now), I watch that Avengers trailer and feel absolutely nothing. It's clear the trailer / final film is fishing for a 'heroes divided' angle, full of that second-act tone where protagonists must battle mounting odds and face adversity, but I just can't seem to care what happens them.

That looks awesome. Hulk vs HulkBuster is going to be some fight! Ultron looks like a great baddie.

Also! This is only 5 months away :D That sneaked up fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That looks awesome. Hulk vs HulkBuster is going to be some fight! Ultron looks like a great baddie.

Also! This is only 5 months away :D That sneaked up fast!

Practically only three and a half months since it's May 1st and we're nearly halfway through January.

Still can't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Not much in the way of spoilers but dam didnt want to see that much 😞 thats it not watching any more trailers for that film

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Not much in the way of spoilers but dam didnt want to see that much 😞 thats it not watching any more trailers for that film

Didn't think there was much spoilers in there either. Teased a lot of stuff but didn't give away a lot that couldn't be figured out from the early teasers. I think that'll be it for me though with the trailers. I'm hooked, no need to watch that "one trailer too many" and have the entire movie laid out for me in 2 minutes.

Age Of Ultron is released in the U.K & Ireland on April 24th

Also! This is only 5 months away :D
    Penn wrote: »
    Practically only three and a half months since it's May 1st and we're nearly halfway through January.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Age Of Ultron is released in the U.K & Ireland on April 24th

This day just keeps getting better and better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Hope Ultrons voice isn't practically Spader throughout the film, the effectiveness of the first trailer was the subtety of Spaders voice, but in this, as Bacchus said, it seems just pretty much regular Spader.

The girl in the cave is an interesting shot, it may be Shuri and will probably start the process of bringing Black Panther into it if so, especially with Klaw also in the film.

It's an ok trailer. I think Marvel need to find a different way of showing these trailers, action montages are becoming old quick.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Corholio wrote: »
    It's an ok trailer. I think Marvel need to find a different way of showing these trailers, action montages are becoming old quick.

As long as Marvel are churning millions and millions at the box office they're not going to change a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

like the look of the new quinjet.

reminds me of the one in forceworks back in the 90s .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Loughc wrote: »
    As long as Marvel are churning millions and millions at the box office they're not going to change a thing.

I'd rather see loads of action than showing too much of the plot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Penn wrote: »
    I'd rather see loads of action than showing too much of the plot.

I have to agree. i felt like I seen the entire dawn of the planet of the apes from the trailers.

Advertisement