Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Independent Wrestling *Possible Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    How was the ROH show? Any outstanding matches?

Haven't watched it but I heard the Young Bucks match was good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The show was a backdrop to all the ROH drama the last 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Such as... I heard about Elgin, what's the deal with ACH's no show?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

I've heard that ACH missed his flight to Toronto.

ACH and Elgin can feck off. The real cause:

10598333_622203237896613_1808265491_n.jpg

• Advertisement

What happened to her? Border issues?

Today begins a busy year end period:
    6th Tomorrow Never Dies Chikara
    7th Final Battle 2014 ROH
    7th World Tag League Finals NJPW
    11th NXT R Evolution WWE
    13th Cage of Death XVI CZW
    14th TLC WWE

UFC 181 is tonight too.

Anyone watching the CHIKARA or ROH shows this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't watch ROH TV but they have this strange habit of managing to keep their PPV's a complete secret from me.

The preview show is well done but Adam Cole nails it at the 47 minute mark with monster go home promo

If you don't have time for that here's the 10 minute version:

ROH Title: Jay Briscoe (c) vs Adam Cole
    ROH Tag Team Titles: reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) (c) vs Alex Shelley & Kushida
    ROH TV Title: Jay Lethal (c) vs Matt Sydal
    Michael Elgin vs Tommaso Ciampa
    RD Evans vs Stokley Hathaway
    Roderick Strong vs Adam Page
    The Young Bucks & ACH vs Christopher Daniels, Kazarian and Cedric Alexander
    Four Corner Survival: Mark Briscoe vs Caprice Coleman vs Jimmy Jacobs vs Hanson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Announced at the iPPV that Chikara are coming to the UK in April. 2 dates in Wolverhampton and 1 each in Cardiff and London. Hopefully be able to convince the future wife-to-be to skim a little off our savings to head across

• Advertisement

The biggest expose on CHIKARA identities will be if UK Customs catch them entering the region without work visas.

Really enjoyed the iPPV last night. The tag title match was absolutely fantastic.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Christopher Daniels in ROH this january.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/christopher-daniels-vs-alberto-el-patron-sat-jan-3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'd be interested in seeing Alberto Del Rio without the confines of WWE booking. How do I watch?

If you sign up to their website you can watch it there. They upload new episodes every Thursday. http://www.rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Nice one. I'll get onto that there now. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time after all the WWE programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

What's the deal with ROH now preventing their contracted stars from appearing in other promotions? Is it a done deal and if so who will if affect?
    I'll spoiler this bit just to be safe. I haven't read the Black Cole Sun results but saw that Cole and maybe O'Reilly gave farewell speeches so I'm guessing it is a done deal. I'm assuming Roddy will be tied to ROH too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Andy_rse wrote: »
    What's the deal with ROH now preventing their contracted stars from appearing in other promotions? Is it a done deal and if so who will if affect?
    I'll spoiler this bit just to be safe. I haven't read the Black Cole Sun results but saw that Cole and maybe O'Reilly gave farewell speeches so I'm guessing it is a done deal. I'm assuming Roddy will be tied to ROH too?
    I think Roddy is freelance he also works for Gabe and him and ROH still aren't on great terms.

I HONESTLY broke this story online. ROH pretty much always had the contract clause just they never really exercised it. Most of the roster are under contracts that offer x amount of ROH dates and say don't work for Gabe Sabsosky. However upper lever talent including the likes of Adam Cole, The Briscoes, Michael Elgin and Jay Lethal have more lucative but restrictive deals. ROH would let them wrestle on 4 outside dates a month dependent on ROH's approval.

ROH management developed an odd jealous dislike for PWG as essentially ROH talent would talk about PWG with glint in their eye. Talent works for PWG at a greatly reduced rate compared to what they make at ROH which annoyed ROH management even more.

Then ROH Champion and known ****wit Michael Elgin doing the job to someone as lowly as Trevor Lee also soured ROH management on PWG as well.

Good info there, thanks. So in a nutshell they're just throwing a wee jealous hissy fit.

You talking about Elgin and Lee at BOLA? Literally just watched that this morning :)

Good info there, thanks. So in a nutshell they're just throwing a wee jealous hissy fit.

Pretty much. It is kind of crappy. The Sinclair Broadcasting Group owned ROH isn't promising anymore dates in 2015 to make up for it or any real investment into the product.
    You talking about Elgin and Lee at BOLA? Literally just watched that this morning :)

It is! Lee has a very bright future. Kevin Steen pointed to him as his successor on the indies. Also he impressed WWE scout William Regal. Just he is a very little profile/status.

My favourite thing about Lee is that if you praise him on social media several members of his family favourite or comment on your Tweet/post. Gas stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How long after a PWG show does the DVD come out? Looking forward to checking out Black Cole Sun

cian68 wrote: »
    How long after a PWG show does the DVD come out? Looking forward to checking out Black Cole Sun

4-5 weeks for the DVD.

What's going to be the best way to watch Wrestle Kingdom next week. Preferably the one with JR commentating. I downloaded the Flipps app and hooked it up to the tv and not impressed with the quality and the buffering so I don't hold out high hopes for a 4 hour ppv stream.

Will their own network offer the English commentary and what's the pricing like?

Will it be a case of being patient and catching it on daily motion or a download somewhere?

Cheers!

Will their own network offer the English commentary and what's the pricing like?

Will it be a case of being patient and catching it on daily motion or a download somewhere?

Cheers!
    NJ World will only be in Japanese if you want to see the English version I'd wait for it to turn up in the usual places.

Is there no way of ordering it to your television with Matt Striker & Jim Ross on the commentary?

Is there no way of ordering it to your television with Matt Striker & Jim Ross on the commentary?

The only thing I've seen is Jarrett saying on twitter it's available outside America on the Flipps app. But as I said, not impressed. Was gonna pay for it but not if it's only going to annoy me at 7am.

Nope only through the flipps app no other legal way to get the English version outside North America.

Well I guess Jeff Jarrett doesn't have the global reach that the name Global Force Wrestling suggests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

NJPW put out a press release stating their goal is for 100,000 subs to their New Japan World streaming service worldwide so they're gonna need to work out some English commentary if they want to get anywhere near that.

(I guess these post should be in the Japan thread.)

• Advertisement

So, merely speculating here, do you think if they want to make their network translate well outside of Japan, they could perhaps work out some sort of deal with a permanent commentary team that is provided by Global Force Wrestling? It would be a good start for Jarrett.

Advertisement