Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I don't think I could go near him after watching him against Olympiacos...he was probably United's worst player and that's saying something. It's unfortunate that it's only United defenders that fit the bill. Had been strongly thinking about getting Evra in but am having second thoughts.

Just edited my post there. Was thinking Evra too, but would may leave me short, based on current values to bring back Yaya, and get in Nolan for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is there any news about the remaining fixtures to be rescheduled ?

That'd be nice to know about the Newcastle-Everton and Arsenal-Swansea games for example.
    Since Sunderland will play away to Liverpool they won't host WBA for GW31 leaving space for the Newcastle-Evertongame to be played. That'd be 2 nice fixtures for both Everton and Newcastle.

And ideally Arsenal would host Swansea for GW34. Considering their tough March calendar it'd be in Arsenal interest not to add a game within it (that is to say GW 31). GW 34 would be great with WH home already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Is there any news about the remaining fixtures to be rescheduled ?

That'd be nice to know about the Newcastle-Everton and Arsenal-Swansea games for example.
    Since Sunderland will play away to Liverpool they won't host WBA for GW31 leaving space for the Newcastle-Evertongame to be played. That'd be 2 nice fixtures for both Everton and Newcastle.

And ideally Arsenal would host Swansea for GW34. Considering their tough March calendar it'd be in Arsenal interest not to add a game within it (that is to say GW 31). GW 34 would be great with WH home already.

Gw 34 is Fa cup semi final weekend so if arsenal win their qf they wont have a double as the west ham game will be cancelled. Im really surprised their is no word on an everton game being refixed for gw 31. They have 2 games to refix and only 3 options GW 31, 34, 37. If they dont refix for gw 31 and then have a semi final in gw 34 things will get really messy. At this stage they must be waiting till the fa cup game against arsenal. If they win they will have to go GW 31 and 37. If they lose they can pick 2 dates from gw 31, 34, 37.
    Gw 34 Sunderland play everton this will be off if either team win their QF at the weekend and will make things really awkward for sunderland in particular and will effect the everton scenario I mentioned above.
    If sunderland or city win their QF we are either going to see a triple gw37 or a team playing on a cl night or a team playing a back league match on a monday night. This is because City and sunderland both have 2 games to reschedule after gw 31 and an fa cup win will make it 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This has probably been answered before but I'm a bit confused. Do West Ham have a double in 31 for definite?

This has probably been answered before but I'm a bit confused. Do West Ham have a double in 31 for definite?

yes

• Advertisement

The effect of the fa cup games this weekend will be Arsenal v west ham and man utd v hull in gw 34 being cancelled and more than likely shifted to the midweek of gw 34.
    GW 34 and 37 will now definetly be the doubles I feel. Things wouldve have got awkward if city or sunderland had won yesterday.
    GW 34 City will have a liverpool A and either sunderland H or villa H double.
    GW 37 City will have an everton A and either sunderland H or villa H double.
    Gw 34 Sunderland will have an everton H and either City A or WBa double.
    GW 37 sunderland will have a Utd A and either CIty A or WBA double.

GW 34 I reckon everton palace will be refixed for this date as everton are now out of the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Looks good Busts. I'll be holding on to Ince and Ward in preparation for the Palace DGW. Will have 3 free transfers between Gw31 - GW34, and finishing GW31 I should have 1/2 City players, 2 Palace, 2 Sunderland and 1 Everton. Liverpool face City in GW34 so will likely get rid of Skrtel to make way for a City defender. Will use transfers to get up to the max 3 City players which is a must imo. That would give me 8 for the DGW, although I might look at another Everton defender.

The GW31 doubles didn't really go as well as they could have - hopefully Sunderland's rescheduled game is WBA in GW34 and City in GW37.

roryc wrote: »
    Looks good Busts. I'll be holding on to Ince and Ward in preparation for the Palace DGW. Will have 3 free transfers between Gw31 - GW34, and finishing GW31 I should have 1/2 City players, 2 Palace, 2 Sunderland and 1 Everton. Liverpool face City in GW34 so will likely get rid of Skrtel to make way for a City defender. Will use transfers to get up to the max 3 City players which is a must imo. That would give me 8 for the DGW, although I might look at another Everton defender.

The GW31 doubles didn't really go as well as they could have - hopefully Sunderland's rescheduled game is WBA in GW34 and City in GW37.

Ye I agree it would be preferable if the gw 34 resceduled games were 1 Everton palace 2 City Villa 3 Sunderland Wba gw 37 City sunderland.
    Have Ince myself but think I'll be offloading him this week. Come gw 34 I'll definetly have 3 city, 2 sunderland, 2 everton, 1 or 2 palace players if the games are refixed as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ye I agree it would be preferable if the gw 34 resceduled games were 1 Everton palace 2 City Villa 3 Sunderland Wba gw 37 City sunderland.
    Have Ince myself but think I'll be offloading him this week. Come gw 34 I'll definetly have 3 city, 2 sunderland, 2 everton, 1 or 2 palace players if the games are refixed as above.

I offloaded Ince today. What's the point of having a DGW player who it appears won't even get 90 minutes between the two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Man City v Sunderland 16 April DGW 34
    Everton v Palace 16 April DGW 34

Arsenal v West Ham 15 April Normal GW 34

Hull v ManU 6 May DGW 37
    Man City v Villa 7 May DGW 37
    Sunderland v West Brom 7 May DGW 37

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Time to get city and Sunderland players in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Rikand wrote: »
    Time to get city and Sunderland players in :)

Not a great DGW for Sunderland though - Everton and City.

First game is a toughie for City too, Liverpool away.

Still have a WC. Need to pick the right time to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

De Gayer and/or ManU defense look appealing GW32 onwards if you can handle their blank in GW34.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Looking towards 34 and 37 my self now. Best thoughts at the moment would be to add a Man City FWD and/or DEF to add to Yaya. Already have Mannone for Sunderland, so hoping that should be sufficient.

Advertisement