Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm doubling up on Chelsea. I was against it originally but makes sense for a few weeks. Will get rid of one of them for Kompany ahead of GW31.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Hull have just beat Brighton, suppose this means one game less now for GW29, kinda glad I held off on bringing in Nolan.

73% increase today so far on Total. They are going to feel so sick after this.

Most of them wont cop it till the day before Gw 29

roryc wrote: »
    So what are the chances that the Everton vs Newcastle/Palace game and Sunderland vs Liverpool/West Brom game will also be rescheduled for GW31? Seems to be the week of choice now.

100% sunderland will have a game and chances of everton playing are extremely high aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Was just gonna say the only thing I can pick out for GW 29 is to double up on Chelsea defenders for a few weeks. I have a bit of a conundrum up-front as I have SAS & Giroud. I want to get Ade in but don't see the point in using this transfer as Giroud could do well at Stoke. I don't want to get rid if SAS at all.

With Hull not playing I will take this chance to get rid of Bruce for Ollsen. So 3 transfers between now & GW 29 should be

Bruce ---->>> Ollsen

Williamson ---->> Azcil

Giroud
    > RVP / Rooney (whom I will be switching for Aguero)

That leaves me with 8 which I am happy to go with as I know my direct opponents cannot do any better without taking hits. I don't plan on a hit til DGW's. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Planning goes out the window when fixtures are being rearranged like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That leaves me with 8 which I am happy to go with as I know my direct opponents cannot do any better without taking hits. I don't plan on a hit til DGW's. Thoughts?

If there are a whole bunch of doubles in 31, I'm quite happy to go for eight players in 29 as well -- it should mean I have plenty for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Most of them wont cop it till the day before Gw 29

And then really will feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was just gonna say the only thing I can pick out for GW 29 is to double up on Chelsea defenders for a few weeks. I have a bit of a conundrum up-front as I have SAS & Giroud. I want to get Ade in but don't see the point in using this transfer as Giroud could do well at Stoke. I don't want to get rid if SAS at all.

With Hull not playing I will take this chance to get rid of Bruce for Ollsen. So 3 transfers between now & GW 29 should be

Bruce ---->>> Ollsen

Williamson ---->> Azcil

Giroud
    > RVP / Rooney (whom I will be switching for Aguero)

Have the same frontline as you and thinking along the same lines. Giroud to RVP for GW29 and captain him, then keep him for 30 and then switch to Aguero in 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Have the same frontline as you and thinking along the same lines. Giroud to RVP for GW29 and captain him, then keep him for 30 and then switch to Aguero in 31.

thing is I don't think I can afford RVP so will have to go with Rooney unless I figure something else out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm set up fairly well for GW29:

Speroni
    Ward, Azpilicueta, Evans, Olsson
    Mata, Hazard, Lallana, B.Johnson
    Adebayor

Tonights result was perfect for me as it gives my other keeper (Adrian) a DGW.

Could do with Evans getting back from injury and into the team. I have 2 FT, and will likely be moving Yaya out anyway. Suarez to RVP for a few weeks is tempting, but I would lose 1.2m in transferring Suarez out.

• Advertisement

thing is I don't think I can afford RVP so will have to go with Rooney unless I figure something else out!

I can only afford him by downgrading Silva who I have to get rid of anyway. Would ideally like to keep RVP for GW31 depending on the Aguero situation but that would leave me not being able to afford Yaya and a City defender and they'll be must haves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Tonights result was perfect for me as it gives my other keeper (Adrian) a DGW.

+1

Delighted with that.

I'm looking at taking a strategic hit this week which would see me with 11 for next week and 10 for GW29. Hit would be as Yoshida will lose his place so I'll bring in Olsson who if he only gets 4 pts over 28 & 29 will effectively be another FT and with Norwich having good fixtures defensively and being very hard to score against will be hoping for more and keeping him for at least 4 or 5 weeks.

Anyone struggling for numbers the next 2 weeks this is win win option imo unless I'm missing something.

I'll also have at least 3 and probably 5 with a DGW in 31 and 3 FTs to stock up.

Am I getting the hang of this $hit?

I currently have 8 for gw 29 with 3 transfers will probably only make 2 transfers and go with 10 giving me an extra transfer to get in dgw players.
    Looking at
    Boruc
    Azpil ward ollson
    hazard lallana ince mata
    rooney or rvp ade

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I really haven't thought about GW29 yet, or well should I say haven't decided what players to bring in. As it stands I'd currently field 5 and maybe 7 if Bennett and Gabbidon played. So say 6. I'll have 3 transfers and I'm not opposed to a -4.

Currently I have
    McGregor - Mannone
    Cahill - Bennett - Tomkins - Danny G - Kos
    Mata - Lallana - Hazard - Mirallas - Delph
    RVP -Dzeko - Suarez

I'll probably go without a keeper, I've had Mignolet long enough so I'm used to it :pac:

After that I need a replacement for Dzeko this week and I'll see where Bennett stands, have 2 FTs. I have a hankering for the now in vogue Snodgrass but defenders are a priority.

I'm also keen to try a crazy gamble on Mitroglou for a week or 2 but he needs to start before I can dare to bring him in. Losing Tomkins and McGregor is frustrating but I expected it once it went to the replay.

Really all I'm going to do is wait and see what plays out during the week and see where we're at on Friday. I can't even afford Ade back for Dzeko without rejigging the finances so I'll probably be living in fear this weekend but would hope to see Chelsea then shackle him come GW29.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thanks to that West Ham v Hull postponement, i now have just 4 possible players for GW29, and that includes the guy i just transferred in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'll have 3 transfers and I'm not opposed to a -4.

The only thing I'd say about taking a point hit for that week is make sure that you can justify the hit for the long term - using it to get rid of players who generally don't play anyway, making room for funds for a future transfer or just wanting to get that player in because their fixtures look tasty.

Thus if they score 2 or thereabouts, you won't feel too bad getting in a player in for someone who has a DGW in the near future that you'll be tempted to take another points hit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I really haven't thought about GW29 yet, or well should I say haven't decided what players to bring in. As it stands I'd currently field 5 and maybe 7 if Bennett and Gabbidon played. So say 6. I'll have 3 transfers and I'm not opposed to a -4.

Currently I have
    McGregor - Mannone
    Cahill - Bennett - Tomkins - Danny G - Kos
    Mata - Lallana - Hazard - Mirallas - Delph
    RVP -Dzeko - Suarez

I'll probably go without a keeper, I've had Mignolet long enough so I'm used to it :pac:

After that I need a replacement for Dzeko this week and I'll see where Bennett stands, have 2 FTs. I have a hankering for the now in vogue Snodgrass but defenders are a priority.

I'm also keen to try a crazy gamble on Mitroglou for a week or 2 but he needs to start before I can dare to bring him in. Losing Tomkins and McGregor is frustrating but I expected it once it went to the replay.

Really all I'm going to do is wait and see what plays out during the week and see where we're at on Friday. I can't even afford Ade back for Dzeko without rejigging the finances so I'll probably be living in fear this weekend but would hope to see Chelsea then shackle him come GW29.

Tut, tut.... I believe there is a thread set up for people to post their GW 29 teams, Mr. PRModston :D;)

looking at GW29, there's not really one fixture that stands out for me in terms of taking a points hit to get player(s) in!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

10 and 9 for me for GW 28 & 29... have two FT's this week but only plan on playing 1.
    I'll be bringing in someone like Adam or Ince.... Stoke and CP are looking the best for me.

I may use another FT to get me to 11 players for GW 29 but my preference at the moment would be to carry 2 into GW 30 and that'll leave me at least 3 FT's before the GW 31... That'll be as chaotic as it gets.... hopefully

I'm actually getting a buzz from banking transfers now, a big big turn around for me, what stage do they say that is in the clinic?
    No hairy hands just yet.

PARlance wrote: »
    Tut, tut.... I believe there is a thread set up for people to post their GW 29 teams, Mr. PRModston :D;)

And all the discussion around it.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Pity if all the DGWs are GW31, won't be as advantageous for us keeping a close eye on it as less time to stock up.

its a right mess :D GW31 still looks like being THE main week to make ground if you manage everything right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It gets worse - Chelsea/Utd/Spurs have an European games midweek.
    I am not so worried what team will play when, but who is going to be rested at some point. Or injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

if anyone has 11 players playing on weekend of March 8/9 there's something wrong with their team ha

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

So is GW31 looking like the best time to play a wildcard for those that still have one (and desperately need to make up ground!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

robocode wrote: »
    So is GW31 looking like the best time to play a wildcard for those that still have one (and desperately need to make up ground!)?

If you can stock up DGW players before GW31 with 1 or 2 4 pts hit(s) I'd say it may even be better to play your WC afterwards to get back to a "normal" team.

It mainly depends on how much money you have tied on key players (that you could sell when they have blanks but would like back afterwards).
    It also depend son when the next DGWs are rescheduled. For the moment we only know 3 games out of 9 games to be rescheduled...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

wonski wrote: »
    It gets worse - Chelsea/Utd/Spurs have an European games midweek.
    I am not so worried what team will play when, but who is going to be rested at some point. Or injured.
    Spurs could be out of europe then. unlikely chelsea spurs game will hve big players rested

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Does anyone know when the everton game will be rescheduled, i.e. a decision made?

Thoughts on Smalling on GW29/30/31?

Need to up the player count for the reduced and double GWs of 29 and 31, with preferably a defender who plays in both to replace Williamson. On inspection thats unfortunately a M Utd player.

Did think about Evra, but that may leave me short on getting back in Yaya, and bringing in Nolan for the DGW,

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Thoughts on Smalling on GW29/30/31?

Need to up the player count for the reduced and double GWs of 29 and 31, with preferably a defender who plays in both to replace Williamson. On inspection thats unfortunately a M Utd player.

I don't think I could go near him after watching him against Olympiacos...he was probably United's worst player and that's saying something. It's unfortunate that it's only United defenders that fit the bill. Had been strongly thinking about getting Evra in but am having second thoughts.

Advertisement