Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Last weeks have been a disaster for me. 6 straight red arrows finished up 475. Between gw8 and 38 I spent one week outside of 200-512 lots of treading water!

Going to play two teams next season really enjoyed playing something a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

finished outside the top 1k. disappointing end i took my eye off the ball a bit taking out aguero over studge for those 4 weeks really hurt me. its an interesting variant on the game but i'm not sure i'll play it again next season, changing your team around 3 times in a week is just TOO much (for me, anyway...), next season i think i'll stick to the main game and also the fantasyleague.com game which i played for the 1st time this season and really enjoyed

well done lads tho some good scores there

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Lost on the last monthly by 16 points, I just couldn't close the gap on the leader and finished 2nd!

Disappointing finish but will definitely give it a go again next year, very time consuming though making the changes every week.

Winner of the pay league and prize of €70 was Kev IRL:

# Team TOT
    1 Devestated 2649
    2 Hackers2 2574
    3 Ultimate Biting 2517
    4 Cesc Offenders 2289
    5 Costa Lot 2155
    6 My Little Bony 2126
    7 Atletico Santiago 2011

I will organise again next season and hopefully we will get a few more entrants.

Kev IRL - let me know via PM what is best way to get the cash to you, can do bank transfer or Paypal, whatever suits.

I'll definitely be in next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    I'll definitely be in next year.

Same here. Finished in 3rd in the pay league and 1117th which I should improve on next year. I still cant forgive myself for transferring Austin in 1 min before deadline to captian him and then not having enough time to put him in my starting 11. I'll have to cut out the stupid mistakes next year if I want to challenge the leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hackers wrote: »
    Winner of the pay league and prize of €70 was Kev IRL:

# Team TOT
    1 Devestated 2649
    2 Hackers2 2574
    3 Ultimate Biting 2517
    4 Cesc Offenders 2289
    5 Costa Lot 2155
    6 My Little Bony 2126
    7 Atletico Santiago 2011

I will organise again next season and hopefully we will get a few more entrants.

Kev IRL - let me know via PM what is best way to get the cash to you, can do bank transfer or Paypal, whatever suits.

Cheers. Paypal is best will pm details later.

Payment made now....hopefully next season there will be a bigger pot and maybe you will have some serious competition:)
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Cheers. Paypal is best will pm details later.

As I ran a pay league for this last season, I am wondering is it worth doing the same for this season?

We had 7 last year, would need at least that again to make it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 13 park1ife

I would be interested in joining a pay league. Played UFPL last year but found it hard to remain motivated to meet all those deadlines in the absence of a pay league.

• Advertisement

As I ran a pay league for this last season, I am wondering is it worth doing the same for this season?

I'm in. Fairly up to my eyes in FPL ones now need to get some UFPL ones going now! Anything up £100/€150 is fine by me.

Yea I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

if i can find a way around needing a passport number (dont have a passport) to register, ill be in

if i can find a way around needing a passport number (dont have a passport) to register, ill be in

Don't think there is a way. Maybe a family member or something might be interested in playing...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

I'd be up for that. Don't know a single person doing it as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

i'm in.first time playing it and like Markx i know no one else playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I'd be interested too.

Looks like we have a good bit of interest so far. I think we will probably run with a league so. €10 a head same as last year if that's ok with everyone.

Will send on details with league code and payment options later in the week

How about a classic and a h2h?

• Advertisement

I'm beyond help. I've entered not one, but two teams

I'm signing myself into fpl anonymous

But not before I kick all your asses ;)

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm beyond help. I've entered not one, but two teams

I'm signing myself into fpl anonymous

But not before I kick all your asses ;)

Degenerate!

List of those interested so far:

Hackers
    Park1ife
    jimmii
    Dearg81
    finnharpsboy (subject to passport issues!)
    Kev IRL
    Markx
    deadlineday
    Trimm Trabb

That makes 9, will see how many more we have by Monday and then I will send on payment details, €10 a man / woman
    Looks like we have a good bit of interest so far. I think we will probably run with a league so. €10 a head same as last year if that's ok with everyone.

Will send on details with league code and payment options later in the week

Hackers
    Park1ife
    jimmii
    Dearg81
    Kev IRL
    Markx
    deadlineday
    Trimm Trabb

That makes 9, will see how many more we have by Monday and then I will send on payment details, €10 a man / woman

go on in for a penny in for a pound

Count me in

manual_man wrote: »

Hackers
    Park1ife
    jimmii
    Dearg81
    Kev IRL
    Markx
    deadlineday
    Trimm Trabb

go on in for a penny in for a pound

Count me in
    Its 10 get away out of here with your pounds and your pence!

jimmii wrote: »
    Its 10 get away out of here with your pounds and your pence!

makes no odds jimmii all the winnings will be going to me...

Hackers
    Park1ife
    jimmii
    Dearg81
    Kev IRL
    Markx
    deadlineday
    Trimm Trabb

My brother wants to enter so you can add him to the list, he's not on boards though. He's entering a team and just wants to join at least 1 league. I can sort out his payment.

I don't have an issue with that as all we all want is a league with a decent number to keep us interested. As well at least he isn't some random shark.....any objections from anyone else signed up so far?
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    My brother wants to enter so you can add him to the list, he's not on boards though. He's entering a team and just wants to join at least 1 league. I can sort out his payment.

I don't have an issue with that as all we all want is a league with a decent number to keep us interested. As well at least he isn't some random shark.....any objections from anyone else signed up so far?

He's defo not a shark, he's playing for the first time.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »

He's defo not a shark, he's playing for the first time.
    May as well get him to sign up to boards too! If its his first time playing then he'll definitely get a lot out of it FSA.

Advertisement