Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

Alrighty then heres my team. Hard to pick a squad with so many options! My striker options are a bit on the risky side, could probably downgrade one of the midfielders

Goalkeepers: Krul, Guzan, Foster

Defenders: Debuchy, Lovren, Ferdinand, Filipe Luis, Colocinni, Evans, Baker, Nastasic

Midfielders: Coutinho, Ramsey, Hazard, Navas, Mata, Sigurdsson, Mutch, Brady

Strikers: Bojan, Rooney, Sturridge, Gomis, Sanago, Weimann

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

For what its worth my comments would be:

Would you not consider De Gea as you are allowed 4 from each club?

Baker may not be a guaranteed starter and Villa's start is horrible anyway

Is Nastasic a guaranteed starter?

Cant see Navas getting a lot of game time

Is Sanchez not a must have, especially in the Ultimate game? He has 40% ownership so a bit of a risk going without him

Obviously funds could be a problem to carry out some of the above changes but maybe you need to consider having a couple of the 4.0 million defenders to raise funds that have chance of playing ( Wisdom, Moore). You will likely only play 3 at the back anyway so maybe you have too much invested in defence.

deisedude wrote: »
    Alrighty then heres my team. Hard to pick a squad with so many options! My striker options are a bit on the risky side, could probably downgrade one of the midfielders

Goalkeepers: Krul, Guzan, Foster

Defenders: Debuchy, Lovren, Ferdinand, Filipe Luis, Colocinni, Evans, Baker, Nastasic

Midfielders: Coutinho, Ramsey, Hazard, Navas, Mata, Sigurdsson, Mutch, Brady

Strikers: Bojan, Rooney, Sturridge, Gomis, Sanago, Weimann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hackers wrote: »
    For what its worth my comments would be:

Would you not consider De Gea as you are allowed 4 from each club?

Baker may not be a guaranteed starter and Villa's start is horrible anyway

Is Nastasic a guaranteed starter?

Cant see Navas getting a lot of game time

Is Sanchez not a must have, especially in the Ultimate game? He has 40% ownership so a bit of a risk going without him

Obviously funds could be a problem to carry out some of the above changes but maybe you need to consider having a couple of the 4.0 million defenders to raise funds that have chance of playing ( Wisdom, Moore). You will likely only play 3 at the back anyway so maybe you have too much invested in defence.

Good points. De Gea is purely a budget issue at the moment

Geoff Cameron and Wisdom in for Baker and Nastasic

Navas out and Sanchez in meant some more rejigging so Sigurdsson loses out and Albrighton of Leicester comes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone any luck finding an android app that lets you manage your ultimate fpl setup?

Any more takers for the below for a mini league with €10 entry fee?

Even if we had 5 we could still go ahead ?
    Not a bad response so far lads, up to 4 as below, if we get a few more I think we can go ahead:

Hackers
    Zarquon
    8-10
    Dearg81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Go on ill join.

Send me details,

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

POKERKING wrote: »
    Go on ill join.

Send me details,

Cheers

About time you beat me in fantasy football :P You played the beta last season didnt you?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    About time you beat me in fantasy football :P You played the beta last season didnt you?

I cant get past the age verification bit, did you have any trouble??

yeah played it last year but you will prob still beat me!!haha i will prob come second in the world and still somehow manage to lose to you!

POKERKING wrote: »
    I cant get past the age verification bit, did you have any trouble??

yeah played it last year but you will prob still beat me!!haha i will prob come second in the world and still somehow manage to lose to you!

Nah I didnt have any trouble signing up. I though you would be an expert in getting around fraud checks anyway :P I dont think I'll be winning anything, just learning the ropes this year.

• Advertisement

Nah I didnt have any trouble signing up. I though you would be an expert in getting around fraud checks anyway :P I dont think I'll be winning anything, just learning the ropes this year.

I have emailed them to see what the craic is but still cant get pass the checks. If they dont sort it out by Sat i will sit the league out, if they i manage to sign up i will join the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

So essentially you stack your team with Saturday players and sub out all the low performing ones for your Sunday/Monday players? Real stick or twist element to it, I imagine the trickiest part is knowing which players to sub in.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Count me in. setup a league but no one has signed up so need to keep some interest

I am going to set up a mini league for the below in the morning, those who have expressed an interest will get a PM with the code and also details on how to make the payment. We will see how sign up goes from there. If it falls through monies will be returned ASAP on Monday.

Any one else interested can express their interest and I will PM the needed info to join

Code and payment details now sent via PM to the below along with TaytoCrisps.

Its €10 to join, winner takes all, any other interested parties are welcome.
    Not a bad response so far lads, up to 4 as below, if we get a few more I think we can go ahead:

Hackers
    Zarquon
    8-10
    Dearg81

3 in at the moment and paid up for the below, could really do with a few more to make it interesting!!
    Code and payment details now sent via PM to the below along with TaytoCrisps.

Its €10 to join, winner takes all, any other interested parties are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

3 in at the moment and paid up for the below, could really do with a few more to make it interesting!!

Just paid up there too for "Diego Costa Lot" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

54f09ee9d666b586c9bcc5b346700cf3.png

Think I have my team sorted, all match day 1 players in the starting 11.

Got that now, thanks!
    zarquon wrote: »

Looks like you can carry your transfers forward and have 12 the last week of the transfer window . could be the best way to go to see who's on form . Could go badly wrong if you miss out on this years ramsey/yaya band wagon .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'll join the pay league lads, can I pay via paypal

• Advertisement

Great, PM with details sent.
    KevIRL wrote: »

In case you forget, you haven't joined the league yet

You're in now, great!!

Between the amount of time that will go into the 2 different games I could end up getting a divorce !

If you are posting at 4am it might be sooner than you think:)
    Between the amount of time that will go into the 2 different games I could end up getting a divorce !

That is correct, that wasn't part of the beta game last season.

Think best approach would be to hold them all until the last week, transfer window will be closed by then and we will all have a better view on regular starting 11's
    Looks like you can carry your transfers forward and have 12 the last week of the transfer window . could be the best way to go to see who's on form . Could go badly wrong if you miss out on this years ramsey/yaya band wagon .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JBRowan

free version is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

15 I think? 5 per week?

Got that thanks.

We are up to 7 now paid and entered
    KevIRL wrote: »

That is correct, that wasn't part of the beta game last season.

Think best approach would be to hold them all until the last week, transfer window will be closed by then and we will all have a better view on regular starting 11's

Got the 2 transfer windows mixed up my bad ! That would have been fun going to make transfers gw4 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Anyone having problems with ultimate?
    I'm trying to sign up for it, but when it asks for my details, the submit button remains greyed out even after I fill out all the data. Has the deadline passed to sign up?

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with ultimate?
    I'm trying to sign up for it, but when it asks for my details, the submit button remains greyed out even after I fill out all the data. Has the deadline passed to sign up?

I doubt it, sounds like a browser issue. Try it on firefox,chrome and IE.

in work and all they have is ****ty IE, will try again from home later

retalivity wrote: »
    in work and all they have is ****ty IE, will try again from home later

You might be behind a proxy which is routing you through a prohibited location. Due to gambling rules users from some countries are banned from signing up and a corporate proxy may show you trying to sign up from a different country.

If you are posting at 4am it might be sooner than you think:)

the joys of working nights ;)

i was able to pick my team earlier but couldnt complete it as it wouldnt accept my details, now im home (in dublin) and tring to sign up an it wont even let me as far as the team selection screen as im in a country where online gambling is not allowed???

Not sure what is going on, have reset my IP and flushed the DNS, am also signed in where it says my country is Ireland, but to no avail

EDIT: Cleared the cache, that seems to have fixed it

Final reminder for €10 in boards FSA pay league in this. 7 in and paid, any last minute entrants send me a PM

I'm liking the later deadline, can get Blackett in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Still time to get Jesse Lingard in, people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

The scoring must be different in this game. Rooney got 6 points for his goal.

• Advertisement

Degag wrote: »

had him captain :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

had him captain :cool:

Me too, but dont think I'll be sticking on him as capt

Degag wrote: »

It is different. A goal is 6 points regardless of the players position. Few other differences too

During the season fantasy players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in Barclays Premier League matches. Points are awarded as detailed in the table below:

Action Points
    For playing in a game 1
    For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
    For each goal scored 6
    For each goal assist (when a pass or cross leads to a goal being scored, no defender touch must interfere with the pass) 3
    For your goalkeeper or defenders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
    For your midfielders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
    For every 3 saves 1
    For every penalty save 5
    For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
    For every penalty conceded -1
    For every penalty miss -2
    For every yellow card -1
    For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3
    For every own goal -2
    For every 3 crosses (a cross is defined where the ball is played to a team mate in the penalty area) 1
    For every 3 key passes (a key pass is one that leads to a shot at goal) 1
    For every big chance created (a big chance is one where the analyst determines the player should score) 1
    For every big chance missed -1
    For every 8 clearances, blocks or interceptions 1
    For every 8 recovered balls 1
    For every error leading to a goal -1
    Assists
    Assists are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team, who makes the final pass before a goal is scored. An assist is awarded whether the pass was intentional (that it actually creates the chance) or unintentional (that the player had to dribble the ball or an inadvertent touch or shot created the chance).

An awful start in this. 8 of first 11 got 2 or 3 points so all them have to go!

An awful start in this. 8 of first 11 got 2 or 3 points so all them have to go!

I'm on 54, I played Sigurdsson in this game so happy enough, have a few good subs too.

I'm on 54, I played Sigurdsson in this game so happy enough, have a few good subs too.

56 here with siggy on my bench :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone changing captain or leaving it on Rooney?

Costa is tempting!

PopTarts wrote: »

Costa is tempting!

Not worth losing the bonus points I'd say

PopTarts wrote: »

Costa is tempting!

I have dzeko and costa still to play as captaincy choices. Will probably change i think.

Question on the matchday 2 changes. Can they be made right up to before kickoff or what is the cut off time for manager substitutions?

I have dzeko and costa still to play as captaincy choices. Will probably change i think.

Question on the matchday 2 changes. Can they be made right up to before kickoff or what is the cut off time for manager substitutions?

Yea I think you can make changes before the kickoff of the first match so 130pm is tomorrow's deadline.

Not worth losing the bonus points I'd say

If you have Sturridge and Costa then it probably is worth the risk in my opinion. Both of them are odds on to score so that means it's over 3/1 that both of them will blank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement