Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

zerks wrote: »
    They tried to do simliar in Gimont years ago,it was wrecked.We have playing pitches all over town,a waste of money adding more.

I'm from that side of town and I even think a park is a bad idea,it'll be a magnet for antisocial behaviour.

When Gimont ave was built in the 80s they also built Tennis/Basketball courts beside the eststes. Within 5 months the nets were gone and within a year the outer fencing was taken off all the courts and used to make dog runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Navarre wrote: »
    When Gimont ave was built in the 80s they also built Tennis/Basketball courts beside the eststes. Within 5 months the nets were gone and within a year the outer fencing was taken off all the courts and used to make dog runs.

The security fencing when they were building Cluain Dara didn't last long either.

Speaking of antisocial behaviour,I see the Roma have been moved from the Abbey Centre to Parkton,that's a nice development now ruined.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The security fencing when they were building Cluain Dara didn't last long either.

Speaking of antisocial behaviour,I see the Roma have been moved from the Abbey Centre to Parkton,that's a nice development now ruined.

I was told during the week that some men from Romanian community in town payed them a visit and they were told to either move out of the Abbey centre or clean up the mess and stop standing around in groups outside the apartments as they are giving the Romanian community in town a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I was told during the week that some men from Romanian community in town payed them a visit and they were told to either move out of the Abbey centre or clean up the mess and stop standing around in groups outside the apartments as they are giving the Romanian community in town a bad name.

I heard it was that the apartments were in trouble with the Health & Safety people. As an aside, what percentage of the population of Enniscorthy is now non-national?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Big car crash on the Ross Road there a short while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Romainian Community or Roma Community Nav?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Romainian Community or Roma Community Nav?

There's Romanians living locally who work and contribute to the community,they despise the Roma and are fed up with being tarred with the same brush as them.
    As Navarre said,they had words with the Roma about their carry on.

Whatever, but it was the Fire Officer that cleared the apartments not Romanians!

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Whatever, but it was the Fire Officer that cleared the apartments not Romanians!

Filling the place up with car parts and junk might constitute a fire hazard.
    It might sound bad but I'd prefer if Ryanair cleared them and put the Romas on a plane home.
    Prostitution,shoplifting,burglary and muggings are not contributions to the town that we need.

Paul Kehoe namechecked Dunnes' Rafter St. premises in a Dail debate on the new Urban Regeneration bill.The bill is to penalise companies like Dunnes who leave empty units in towns and refuse to allow anyone else move in and create dead zones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Huh? Paul Kehoe spoke in the dail? Usually only see him/hear from him around election time or when the St Patricks day holiday list comes out, and he's usually top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Filling the place up with car parts and junk might constitute a fire hazard.
    It might sound bad but I'd prefer if Ryanair cleared them and put the Romas on a plane home.
    Prostitution,shoplifting,burglary and muggings are not contributions to the town that we need.

Doing the Locals out of a job eh?

barney 20v wrote: »
    Doing the Locals out of a job eh?

Nah,do you read the court reports? The N11 is the thieves highway-a bit of robbing and home for breakfast in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

No stage in the Square this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mares88

Hi I'm just wondering what the parking situation Is in enniscorthy? I have to leave a car there all day tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Mares88 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering what the parking situation Is in enniscorthy? I have to leave a car there all day tomoro.

Island rd ,next to dunnes stores goods in ,op petrol station, car park, i think its €3 for the day.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Island rd ,next to dunnes stores goods in ,op petrol station, car park, i think its €3 for the day.

Or on the prom by the river,behind Supervalu €2 for the day.New car park open opposite the Clinic (near the Riverside Hotel) €2 all day but they haven't installed the pay machine yet.

Well the Strawberry Fest/Literary weekend was a load of shite.The All Ireland Farmers Market was more like a glorified field day.If you walked through the town centre,you wouldn't even know anything was on.
    To think how optimistic we were when the likes of The Coronas etc. played in the town,now we didn't even manage to get Richie Kavanagh.

25% off everything in Aldi,don't anybody say we don't have positive stuff in this thread.

White's on the Market Square is being converted into an Italian Coffee shop.

http://enniscorthy4kids.blogspot.ie

zWlQvoR.png

• Advertisement

I suppose it fills an empty unit but in the space of 200 yards we'll have 4 or 5 options for having a coffee,the problem is that the footfall isn't there to sustain so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 colmbie

Does anyone know where you can buy honeycomb in or near Enniscorthy?

colmbie wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can buy honeycomb in or near Enniscorthy?

The Farmer's Market in Abbey Square on Saturdays? Possibly the Country Market in the IFA Centre on Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

For anyone who was or is into WWF/WWE wrestling, Shawn "The Heartbreak Kid" Michaels is in Enniscorthy helping out with the "Superkids" Camp in the Astro Active Centre.
    Shawn_Michaels_WM24_shot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

Does anyone know an independent BMW mechanic around Enniscorthy?. I'm trying to avoid expensive dealer if possible.

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Kenny appears to be back in business.

Rumours that Abra is to open again in the Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Spent Saturday morning in the town centre ,and did some shopping too .:)

Parked on Irish St. and found lots of cafes / restaurants , in the main areas especially with tables / chairs out for customers .

Place was looking well ,clean / tidy with lots of hanging baskets out .

Left Irish St after an hour to go to Templeshannon for a few minutes , and it was written on the parking ticket that we could not return to the same parking area for at least an hour .

Whats that about ,cos we wanted to go back and shop in Dunnes , but after seeing this on the ticket we left town .

@ allthedoyles

I know that you like to see things in a positive light but I don't recognise your description of the town. Incidentally, why didn't you park in Dunnes carpark? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Del.Monte wrote: »
    @ allthedoyles

I know that you like to see things in a positive light but I don't recognise your description of the town. Incidentally, why didn't you park in Dunnes carpark? :)

Don't know Enniscorthy very well, and we were meeting a person that lives on Irish St. so parked there .

I liked the place but there is certainly a lack of retail shops in the main streets , but I got that tourism buzz off it ,a bit like Kinsale .:)

Maybe its because we too used to our own town New Ross :)

Advertisement