Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

IsaBrown wrote: »
    A lively discussion going on on facebook about the state of the town.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10205505064800142&id=1057081259

Trying to read some of the posts hurt my brain,it's like a primitive tribe typed it.

The strawberry fair is soon. Any word on McFaddens yet?

They'll be in the showgrounds,I read the lineup for the fair,it's a glorified field day at this stage with some live music in the pubs.Some of the highlights:rolleyes: are actually part of the County Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It seems that the "Sports Savers" shop on Rafter Street is following the Jean Depot into oblivion but I could be wrong. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Helen Canning (@CanningHelen) from Enniscorthy.

Anyone know her?

Making all sorts of accusations and ranting on her Twitter against local Gda. in the town.

Impossible make sense of her stuff due to the way it's constructed.

Apparently writing a fiction book/novel on the issue?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

United people of Enniscorthy page on Facebook is also quite amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭sjb25

Wellyd wrote: »
    United people of Enniscorthy page on Facebook is also quite amusing.

The united people of Enniscorthy lol already don't even need to look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Del.Monte wrote: »
    It seems that the "Sports Savers" shop on Rafter Street is following the Jean Depot into oblivion but I could be wrong. :confused:

Close down and open up down the road, just like Sports Direct in GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Enniscorthy Eastside too is another Facebook page er, worth checking out.

Currently discussing an attack at Shannon Hill; apparently the attacker was a Romanian?

Because attackers call out their nationality or supply a passport to their victims!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Helen Canning (@CanningHelen) from Enniscorthy.

Anyone know her?

Making all sorts of accusations and ranting on her Twitter against local Gda. in the town.

Impossible make sense of her stuff due to the way it's constructed.

Apparently writing a fiction book/novel on the issue?

Anyone?

For all of my 40+ years living in Enniscorthy I have never ever heard of any Family by the name Canning.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Trying to read some of the posts hurt my brain,it's like a primitive tribe typed it.

The only person i could see that was any way sensibe on that post was the person who told the truth about Doyles and Donohoes on Mondays. I havent checked to see was she tore apart or was anyone of them able to answer her back.

"Bless them and there inability to think for themselves"

Its a pity that these people shouting ROMANIAN wouldn't do a wiki on ROMA Gypsies.

Romani people
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Romanians, an unrelated ethnic group and nation, nor with modern or ancient Romans, also unrelated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people

Navarre wrote: »
    For all of my 40+ years living in Enniscorthy I have never ever heard of any Family by the name Canning.

Think I found her: http://www.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/woman-in-assault-case-made-up-her-story-as-she-went-along-27254064.html

Work has begun on Dealz in The Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

sjb25 wrote: »
    The united people of Enniscorthy lol already don't even need to look :)
    I think whoever runs this page doesn't like Rod.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

TheChevron wrote: »
    I think whoever runs this page doesn't like Rod.

Christ!Never read the likes of that shoite.Not big on facebook though.

The strawberry fair is soon. Any word on McFaddens yet?

Only staying till Monday this year it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Was I imagining things, or is Kenny's bike shop closed down? Passed by in the car the other day, just caught a quick glimpse of empty windows and a sign on the door.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Was I imagining things, or is Kenny's bike shop closed down? Passed by in the car the other day, just caught a quick glimpse of empty windows and a sign on the door.

Closed for renovations . Nothing about a reopening date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭blindsider

Heard today that Kenny's is gone. Seemed to be fairly common news...?

• Advertisement

blindsider wrote: »
    Heard today that Kenny's is gone. Seemed to be fairly common news...?

Hope not.The only show in town for bikes.
    Closed for renovations on the door,the website is still up and nothing on Facebook about closing.

Kenny's this afternoon. :(

MNCdAJu.jpg

http://enniscorthy4kids.blogspot.ie/

In other news the e-cigarette shop at the top of Slaney Street 'appears' to have gone little after a month after it opened. :pac:

old.JPG

http://enniscorthy4kids.blogspot.ie/

In other news - Sam McCauley's and the pet shop on Court Street were both broken into in recent days and O'Leary's newsagents was robbed at knife point - the perpetrator has since been in court. The boy racers seem to have a free run of the town again as darkness falls and the number of 'new' faces about the town seems to increase by the day - isn't the EU great all the same. :rolleyes:

Somebody driving around in circles last night with jungle music blaring at three in the morning.

And in very late news.....the "Antique Tavern" has new windows!

kneemos wrote: »
    Somebody driving around in circles last night with jungle music blaring at three in the morning.

The worst offender is the person whose car continuously backfires (?) as he speeds through the town - illegal tinted windows and reg plates too but shure who cares. :rolleyes:

I just heard that the Wexford county council has bought the lands between the turret rocks and Kelly's lane and plans are being drawn up that will include a park, housing, retail and all weather playing pitches and other amenities. What sort of Gob****es have we in the Council at all. How many fecking playing pitches have the town got already. I think its a complete waste of money that could go towards other things around the town. permanent 24/7 security will be wanted anyhow from the moment the 1st sod is turned.

I would like to know what other posters here think of what is been planned for the area.

Permanent 24/7 security is needed in the existing town without wasting money expanding it. Anyway, what on earth do we need more retail space for as the council's outrageous rates are already crippling business development in the town. As for playing pitches....:mad:

• Advertisement

Navarre wrote: »
    I just heard that the Wexford county council has bought the lands between the turret rocks and Kelly's lane and plans are being drawn up that will include a park, housing, retail and all weather playing pitches and other amenities. What sort of Gob****es have we in the Council at all. How many fecking playing pitches have the town got already. I think its a complete waste of money that could go towards other things around the town. permanent 24/7 security will be wanted anyhow from the moment the 1st sod is turned.

I would like to know what other posters here think of what is been planned for the area.

They tried to do simliar in Gimont years ago,it was wrecked.We have playing pitches all over town,a waste of money adding more.

I'm from that side of town and I even think a park is a bad idea,it'll be a magnet for antisocial behaviour.

Advertisement