Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio/TV Coverage Comments

Options
  • 06-09-2007 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

dunno about that Dave, it's not as bad as I expected but I'm not impressed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Did you watch the Setanta Preview? Neil Francis was damn negative. I think the Tv3 panel are good.

it could be that I am just not used to them yet. it feels weird. a bit like watching todayfm last word rugby coverage on the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

I will be watching the rugby on the BBC,Hate TV3 with a passion,everytime they do something in a studio there is an echo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement

I will be watching the rugby on the BBC,Hate TV3 with a passion,everytime they do something in a studio there is an echo

you won't see much then eddie, they don't have it.
    also if you don't like them whats with the election show you did for them??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

you'll not be watching much rugby then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

only caught about 15 minutes but thought they were quite anti-english. bit scabby saying they basically fluked the WC.

lead prestenter guy didn't seem too great. has to be better than mcguick though.

Thats It Im never making any presumptions again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sangre wrote:
    only caught about 15 minutes but thought they were quite anti-english. bit scabby saying they basically fluked the WC.

Jim Glennon said they deserved to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'm gonna watch it on TV3.. good pundets, fair views.. I think setanta has too many adverts and they go on to long... I dont think the pundets seem to want to be there.. and if you watch an irish match on ITV they will be talking about england before every game, during half time and at the end.. Boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Jackz wrote:
    Did you watch the Setanta Preview? Neil Francis was damn negative. I think the Tv3 panel are good.

Listening to or reading the opinion of Neil Francis is like having to share company with the old farts in the clubhouse. Talks like he's still a big player himself.

Switching from RTE to TV3, I have to get used to balanced and (relatively speaking) unbiased views from non-egotistical pundits who dont crave on obscure 1 liners, interrupting and aiming digs at eachother. Sure its not as exciting as RTE, but its professional and insightful!

Lets see what the TV3 commentary's gonna be like...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i'm gonna miss the Mc'gurk - Hook "bitchy" sideswipes

Hook can't stand him, and i don't blame him.

Going off topic here for a sec...will they beat france?we are due a win against them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I thought it was better than expected, although im still annoyed RTE didnt get the rights! I mean 170 euro for a tv licence and they cant even get the Rugby world cup in which Ireland are possible winners, instead they have euro2008 which Ireland most likely wont make it to!

To be honest the panel will be important for games ur not in the pub to watch as u can never hear anything when ur in a pub packed with 100's of ppl!

Looking forward to this world cup so much!!

C'mon Ireland

I think there is just a bad stigmatism attached to TV3... honestly, I like them... change is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Listening to or reading the opinion of Neil Francis is like having to share company with the old farts in the clubhouse. Talks like he's still a big player himself.

He's usually very right though. His column in the Tribune tends to be very prescient, once you strip out all the adolescent jokes that he insists on leading off with. How the hell you can get the old school yard joke about the chicken coming first into a rugby column about the World Cup is beyond me but he manages to fit it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

The proof will be in the commentry me thinks... You can really tell when someone is commentating from the studio or is actually at the game and I hope TV3 have sent someone over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

philstar wrote:
    i'm gonna miss the Mc'gurk - Hook "bitchy" sideswipes

Hook can't stand him, and i don't blame him.
    I'll miss McGuirks green cord jacket, as stylish as a bag of cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

jameshayes wrote:
    I think there is just a bad stigmatism attached to TV3... honestly, I like them... change is good!

The stigmatism attached to TV3 is merited... (the only other live sport I have seen on TV3 was the Champions League with Trevor Welsh and Packie Bonner!!!!!!!!)

BTW there won't be much analyses before, during and after the games on TV3, that time will be used for their policy of having a minimum of 20 minutes of ad breaks per hour...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Though the TV3 panel was pretty good, I must say I do like do like Matt Cooper style as a presenter. I thought the panel was very impressive too,

Setanta wasn't bad I think Ciaran Fitz is a pretty good pundit and wasn't used half enough when he was available to RTE. Neil Francis makes me want to kill myself though, what an utterly miserable fellow he is. No wonder Ireland never won anything with players like him if they were that negative going out before a game. He was a bit two faced after talking to Eddie O'Sullivan too.

Can just picture Neil in the dressing room inspiring the troops: "Alright lads let get out there, we are probably going to get hockeyed, but we might as well get it over with!"

I still miss Popey, but I do not mourne George or Tom one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Saw TV3's preview programme last night, it was utterly awful IMO. I can't stand any of the pundits bar maybe Cheika. The presenter guy is terrible, he dosent seem to know what he's doing. I prefer RTE's coverage by a country mile. TV3's pundits just aren't worth watching, everything is so scripted and you know what they're going to say before they say it. ugh.

The commentary team look like they might be ok though, at least their voices aren't too irritating. Anyone know what ITV's pundits are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

flynner13 wrote:
    I thought it was better than expected, although im still annoyed RTE didnt get the rights! I mean 170 euro for a tv licence and they cant even get the Rugby world cup in which Ireland are possible winners,

What, RTE have no RWC coverage? Whats Hook n Pope going to do?

Punchbowl wrote:
    The proof will be in the commentry me thinks... You can really tell when someone is commentating from the studio or is actually at the game and I hope TV3 have sent someone over

They sent 3 vans over on the boat earlier this week.. I'd presume that the commentators went over this week as well (i'm sure they didn't go on the boat)

daveirl wrote:

That annoys me something terrible!! and I think he fancys Paul O Connell and John Hayes...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thought Cheika and Cooper were good. Wouldn't be too harsh on the other two either. Swap McNeil for Pope and I'd be happy

• Advertisement

Advertisement